A conversation with Guru Gobind Singh

V

Guest mehtab

This was fiction. None of it is real. I made it up and am not yet so fortunate to have Gurujee's darshan even in a dream. And a crazy person like me will dream about anything, so don't think I am someone great just because I saw something in a dream lol.

• Replies 35
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

:):) :lol: Nice Rochak ji :wub:

I don't know if this is related too much, or if I heard this in a Katha - But I think I remember listening to one of Prof Darshan SIngh ji's kathas where he said thta, If he would get Guru Gobind Singh ji's Partakh Darshan - he wouldn't bow, as the TRUE ETERNAL GURU, THE ROOP OF VAHEGUROO, the TRUE ETERNAL ROOP was none else then DHAN DHAN SRI GURU GRANTH SAHIB JI, and he wil only bow infront of hid ETERNAL GURU

bhulll chukk maaf...

Waheguroo Jee Ka Khalsa!

Waheguroo Jee Kee Fateh!!

Moderator comment: Mr Singh, There is no difference between Guru Granth Sahib ji and the rest of the guru ji, if you start differentiating one from another then what about the bani of the Guru Sahibans that is in Guru Granth sahib jee?

All Gurus share the same jyot so should be treated the same. -10

vwihgurU jI kw Kwlsw!

vwihgurU jI kI &iqh!!

sorry to get off topic but something like what 'mr singh' said shouldnt be put up. it might get the wrong ideas into younger kids heads. thats gotta be the most absurd thing ive ever heard. sant baba harnam singh jee rampurkeray wale had darshan of guru sahib and the first thing he did was matha tek. and if anyone ever does get darshan of guru sahib i hope you would do the same.

i apologize for getting off topic and i apologive if ive offended anyone

bhul chuk maaf

vwihgurU jI kw Kwlsw!

vwihgurU jI kI &iqh!!

Moderator comment: Mr Singh, There is no difference between Guru Granth Sahib ji and the rest of the guru ji, if you start differentiating one from another then what about the bani of the Guru Sahibans that is in Guru Granth sahib jee?

All Gurus share the same jyot so should be treated the same. -10

I'm a moorakh, Please forgive me, I didn't get my point across correctly.

But it's okay, I asked someone to explain it, and they explained it very well giving examples from Bachiter Natak

please forgive my ignorance Sangat jeo.

bhull chukk maaf

Waheguroo Jee Ka Khalsa!

Well, here's my best shot at the first question.

Today, Sikhs fight Sikhs constantly, always quarreling about the most trivial things, and always at each other’s necks. This has been caused in part, by the many people who want these feuds to continue. Provoking one another does nothing for anyone. But, these people continue to provoke others, causing fights and destroying the very idea that you could even have a unified panth under God, let alone a country for Sikhs to have. But this is impossible in today’s harsh environment. People want to prove that their group is better than anybody else’s, they get drawn in by the glamour and fallacies of the western philosophy, or even worse the philosophies of the Bollywood mind. This, distracts Sikhs from following their religion, and makes the Sikhs everywhere look bad, when they say they are Sikhs, when they cut their hair, drink, go out to parties, eat meat, and get consumed by lust. This information, all goes to a point, that as of now, there is a need to make people follow rehat, and that if they don’t, there will continue to be fights. In addition, it will just continue to dilute our religion. I have said this to some of my friends, and numerous times their reply would be “Who cares what happens a couple of hundred years from now? You can’t change people. Just forget about them.” The only thing is, is that if we forget what shaheeds did for us, what our Guru Jis did for us, we will forget our religion, and we will forget God. The future, is coming quick, and the fact remains that if our religion starts to become diluted by people who just want to go out and party and drink their night’s away, care only about who likes who, and what

the coolest new Bollywood movie is out there, then the panth will be gone forever. Guru Gobind Singh Ji, established the Khalsa Panth in 1699. He asked for five heads, and five brave souls, came forward to give their lives and their heads to Guru Ji. They valued God, their Religion, and Guru Ji above their very own lives. How many Sikhs can say that truthfully today? I always equate the value of Amrit, to death and rebirth at the same time. When you take Amrit, you say to God, Guru Ji, and everyone, that you are willing to give your life for your Religion, your God, and your Guru Ji. The problem today, is the fact that many people value their lives above everything else, and they would rather believe this and that, to simplify their lives, and make following their religion easier. This, is not following your religion, or respecting the sacrifices our Guru Jis made, or the sacrifices countless shaheeds made. All of this leads me to one question. “How can our religion be saved from the evils that the world tries to tempt us with?” Our youth don’t want to follow the strict rules that come with our religion, see all of their friends that don’t have these restrictions with their religions, and feel jealous. They stop following our religion, and start a horrible path of sin, that eventually come to several important milestones. They will start to grow farther and farther from Sikhi, and eventually coerce other people into following their warped version of Sikhi. Then, after they get enough people, they start to teach their young, who in turn start to warp and twist the minds of their friends. This happens again and again, until there is barely any true Sikhi left. If anything, no, more than anything I would want to have a conversation with the architect of the panth, Guru Gobind Singh, because he would know how to save us from destroying the path that was laid out so that we may follow that path to god. If I were granted one conversation, I’d imagine that it would be at night when there was no one around, and it would

be deep within my subconscious, because Guru Ji can penetrate anyone’s mind without any effort what so ever. If Guru Ji arrived, I would ask Guru Ji, creator of the Khalsa, “How can our religion be saved from the evils that the world tries to tempt us with?” what answer could I get? Follow the rules laid down in Guru Granth Sahib Ji, would surely be an answer. But a follow up to that answer, would be, “What about the many different people who choose to warp our religion, and want to make everyone else stray from the true path to God?” Always all-knowing, Guru Ji would respond “The faithless are not important; it is only your path to God that matters.” Many people would like a straight answer, but it is only in the sublime presence of Guru Ji, that one can truly understand why he would give such an answer. Our path to God, is always unique. There are many different ways, because the environment is always different, and the choices are unique. Rules have been laid out and because of that, there are many different paths, formed by our many choices and which rules we choose to follow. My point is that people say that they try as hard as they can, but they can’t stop eating meat, can’t stop cutting their hair, can’t stop doing this or that, etc. etc. It doesn’t matter how long you have been doing this or that, or if you think it’s a force of habit, what matters is that people choose to keep on living their horrible lives, betraying Guru Ji and the Panth, by breaking these rules. Guru Ji asked for five heads that fateful day in March of 1699. Each time a Singh or Singhni takes Amrit, they say that they are willing to give their hands. Continually, other Sikhs are drawn away from our faith and drawn in to the fallacies and deceptions of this world. Only Guru Ji and the Khalsa Panth could fend off such horrible deceptions.

Waheguroo Jee Ka Khalsa!

Heres mine, Sorry it's a bit short

BTW. I wish it was true

I had just came back from a mind blowing rainsabahi, it was one of the best I had ever been to, all the sangat was in such chardikala, it was as if it was like khalsa raj, but then when I got home something even more mind blowing happened....

Guroo Ji had done kirpa on me and inspired me to stay up at amritvela and do simran and nitnem, so first I planned to do an hour of simran, I had gotten so much into my simran,that I cant even remember how long I had been doing it when it happened. When all of a sudden a bright light formed next to Guroo Granth Sahib Ji Mahraj(With Guroo Ji's kirpa Guroo Granth Sahib Ji Mahraj is prakash in my home) and the image of the great Guroo Gobind Singh Ji appeared infront of my unworthy eyes. It is impossible for me to explain the grandness if Sru Guroo Gobind Singh Ji, how could I possibly describe the holiest saint, the ultimate soldier, the beautiful poet and the loving father of the Khalsa. I mean I dont even know how I got Guroo Gobind Singh Ji Mahraj's darshan, I'm not even a Khalsa, I didn't deserve it, not a complete and utter manmukh like me. When Guroo Ji stood before me I was just shaking, I couldn't say a word. Guroo Gobind Singh Ji Mahraj then spoke,(I can't even describe his beautiful voice)Guroo Ji told me to become the best Gursikh I can, and that when I did he would wait for me in Sachkhand, I was just in complete awe with my mouth hanging open,I was in such amazement

It took me a while to even process what Guroo Ji said, when I understood I vowed to m

yself that I must become a Gursikh, even though I didnt know how I could ever do this. I still couldnt speak, but Guroo Ji must have read my mind, and said that he would leave me with a blessing to become a Gursikh. After that he dissapeared, I didn't want him to go but hopefully I would see him again one day in Sachkhand. I just realised that he had lef something behind where he was standing, and you know what it was, it was the panj kakkars,Kachera, Kanga,Kirpan and Keski, and at that point I understood what blessing he was giving me he had blessed me and given me the hukam to take amrit.

Waheguroo Ji Ka Khalsa Waheguroo Ji KI Fateh

Please note: almost all of this is coming from my heart. Some is fictional, some is based on truth, whether of my life or on those of people I have had interactions with. I have not used many external resources, and thus, I expect many people to find many flaws in this piece of writing. Please forgive me.

I had had a relatively brutal day. It started off so badly. Slept late the previous night, and when I woke up, it was already 10:00. This was the third straight day that I had missed amritvela, and it felt like crap, especially since I hadn’t even started that long ago. My mind was in the gutter, both in feeling and in thoughts. It seemed like I couldn’t go anywhere to release myself from any of the evils. I had so much frustration and so much depression within me, partly due to worldly reasons, partly due to the fact that I didn’t feel I was fulfilling my Guru’s message. The day roamed on at snail’s pace and I couldn’t get anything accomplished.

During the mid-afternoon I gave up. I had tried to keep japping Naam as much as I could but for some reason, I wasn’t getting any piece of mind. I went home, crawled into my bed, and I slept. Upon waking, it was 10:00 at night. I felt refreshed, but only physically, not emotionally, nor spiritually. I got up, realizing how late it was, and went to do some homework. After 2 months of abandoning schoolwork, I thought this would be an opportune time to catch up a bit. Just me, myself, and my homework. Everyone else was either asleep or in their rooms.

I began to do my work. Calculus is a much easier task when no one is around to bother you. Yet despite that, I felt lonely. It was a feeling that I’ve never really felt bef

ore, but I felt utterly, hopelessly, ETERNALLY, lonely. I couldn’t put my finger on it, but the comfort of silence was comforting no more. I looked around, staring at my basement door, almost daring my sister to come up and keep me company. She would not come.

So I continued my work, put a Bhai Manpreet Singh Ji CD into the boom box (if I had my way it would be the January Raensabhayee in Smethwick, but my sister stole that cd from me), and kept working. Slowly, I felt better about myself. It being a Sunday night, I knew I was screwed for school tomorrow. I had to get some sleep, otherwise I had no hope of getting to school on time. It was now 1:00.

Without doing ardaas, without setting my alarm, without so much as a second thought, I went to sleep. This is how easy it is to abandon amritvela. I woke up at 10:00 the next morning, and cursed to myself loudly, using some of the worst English swears you could imagine. I was so incessantly mad at myself, mainly for missing amrtivela, but also for being late to school yet again! I felt I was useless, hopeless, meaningless, and an utter failure. If I enjoyed doing amritvela so much, why couldn’t I get up again!?

After getting ready, I decided it was worth going to school. After a small, but lengthy breakfast, I finally got to school at 1:00, in time for the last period of the day. Last period was quite uneventful. I came home and decided that this was it. Today, I would do my homework right away, and sleep early to wake up for Amritvela.

Upon finishing my homework, I went for a walk. When I came back, I went to my room and prepared to sleep. After setting all my alarms, after doing Rehras and Sohila and after doing ardaas, I went to sleep. It was 10:00.

I awoke at 5:00, to bliding sunlight and utter darkness at the same time. It was a feeling which was unimaginable. I went to go do ishnaan but I banged into a wall. I couldn’t understand what it was, so I asked Guruji to please remove this barrier so that I could achieve amr

itvela. After a few more attempts, finally, I was able to break through and went to do ishnaan.

Upon returning and completing nitnem, I sat in my bed, full of an energy never before experienced. I sat at the edge of my bed, and closed my eyes. A few minutes later, I opened my eyes, to a sight which was so beautiful, it is undescribable.

(Authors’ Note: Undescribable because I’ve never seen Guruji!)

I sat there in utter amazement. I didn’t know what to do or what to say. Guruji knew right away what I was feeling and he asked me:

“What. You are full of wonder and full of shock. You make it seem as if this is the first time I’ve been in this room with you! Don’t you KNOW that Guruji will never leave you? Don’t you know that God is always forgiving, and so, we will also always be with you?”

I was shocked, but so disappointed in myself. So disappointed that I could ever even imagine my beautiful Gurus leaving my side.

Guruji continued. “Even when you were down, we were with you. Every day we would try to remind you that we were still with you. We tried to do it subtly, but simply, we woke you up at 10:00, we made you sleep at 1:00. Guru Nanak is always with you. His jot is always with you, and will never leave you. Every Sikh must understand that despite any bad deeds, Guru Nanak’s Court always forgives, as long as you take the initiative to seek forgiveness!”

I had never felt so happy. Here I was, in the presence of the Physical Representation of Guru Gobind Singh Ji. Here he was, Dashmesh Pita, Shri Guru Gobind Singh Ji!

I felt this uncontrollable urge to go and hug guruji. I went to reach him, but he seemed to move farther, despite being right where he was. He was still unattainable. I then understood that I had much to do before I could fully be right next to Guruji. He was always next to me and supporting me, but in order to be next to him, I had things to do, I had to improve as a Sikh.

“Japman, the time will come. Guru Nan

ak’s House is waiting for you. You must become a better Sikh. That is all that is within your power. Keep in mind everything that is a duty to a Sikh. You must help others. You must do your paat. Most of all, you must love everyone, it doesn’t matter at ALL what you think of them. They are your equals, because they are humans.”

“But Guruji, what about those who slander God’s Name. What about those Punjabis who insist on caste-ing themselves. Those who have absolutely no love for you, but call themselves Sikh?”

“Japman. You must understand the reason those people exist. They firstly exist because they have done their time. God will reward everyone equally, and even if the worst souls have gone through Churaasi Lakh Joonaan, they will still become human. The Punishment of Time will always be rewarded in the end. These people may have also been extremely good people in their previous lives. They have earned their right to get another chance to merge with Vaheguru. You must see that in them.

“On the other hand, you must also see that they exist to oppose the Lions of Sikhi! They exist, because for how many years, Sikhs have proven that outer influences and outer attackers have proven no difficult task to vanquish. Sikhs were, and always will be the greatest of Warriors! But now the time has come where our inner strength is being challenged. Those who label themselves as Jatt, Khatri and so on, they are becoming the only real enemy for Sikhi. They are the ones who must be vanquished, not physically, but emotionally and spiritually. Sikhs have proven thsemsleves against outer forces, now the attack comes from within.”

I sat there amazed at the answer. “I understand Guruji. I have another question, however. How come your Khalsa that you created with so much love has become a split of so many different jathas and deras? What went wrong!!”

Guruji replied: “Wrong? Who said anything went wrong? Is God’s Hukam ever wrong? Does Hukam not exceed Life and Death, but also Actio

n and Inaction, Dark and Light, Right and Wrong? Listen to me. The reason that humans can not be with God right from the start is because humans are not perfect. Humans are bound to make mistakes. Everyone understands this. From 1699 onwards, we were so very strong. But then something happened. Something went missing. One element of our fierce power and our incredible power went missing. So what happened then? God would never let his Sikhs parish unless every Sikh had fulfilled his or her duty and merged with Guruji. Vaheguru introduced another aspect of Sikhi. Another Jatha, to keep the circle that is Sikhi’s eternal power complete. Such is HIS hukam! That when Sikhi, due to corruption, or due to whatever reason, when Sikhi loses one aspect of its incredible JOSH, God replaces it! Jatha’s are not bad things Japman, remember this. The more we fight amongst each other, the more we lose the love that we are supposed to have for each other. And remember. Love is the hardest thing to replenish. Should the element of LOVE be lost among our Sikhs, THEN we will see some serious consequences. Never stop loving!”

By now, I was near tears. The words that I was hearing, were so beautiful, so simple, and so IMPORTANT!

“Guruji, I have just one final question”

“ Hanji. Ask away!”

“What can I do to fulfill the tasks. What is the first step I should take to become the best Sikh I can be?”

“Take Amrit. The longer you wait, the more regret you will feel. Do it.”

And then came the tears. As I cried for the next while, I realized that slowly, Guruji’s apparition was leaving.

“Wait! Wait guruji! When can I see you again?”, I asked frantically.

“Never and Forever. Always, but Rarely. I am always here. Once you finally realize that I’m always here, then you’ll always see me. I will always do darshan of my Sikhs. I’m always here for them!”

Sorry for the length. Once I started, I couldn’t stop.