New Indian Brides Abandoned By British Asian Husbands

Guest G.Kaur

erm and what about the hundreds of indian "brides" who instead of going through an agent and spending 20laks on a visa, just spend 5laks on a wedding, get their "respectable" visa, come to England, play the perfect Nuh, and then give the in laws the boot once she gets her indefinate stay stamp.. oh and then the application for her indian boyfriend's visa gets filed!!!!!

today marriage in india has become a business, why waste money with agents when you can "respectfully" send your daughter abroad on a marriage visa?

Then for a visa even our moral fibre becomes compromised, where the average joe punjabi would pull out the gandasa if he caught his girl eyeing another guy, but its ok for her to marry a stranger share his bed waste his money in terms of his family forking out air tickets, wedding costs, gold etc. as long as she then gets him over after shes got her indefinate stay and gives her "husband" the boot.

I agree with Gurmat Sangeet, there are lots of brides who have been abusing the system for years. They get their indefinite stay stamps and suddenly develop wings, then they get a divorce and get their old boy friend over from Punjab.

The period to get indefinite leave should be extended to 10 years to weed out all these abusers.

http://www.cic.gc.ca...ts/marriage.asp

As part of this commitment, sponsors must support their spouse or partner for three years, even if the relationship fails. If the couple breaks up and the sponsored person gets social assistance, the sponsor must pay back the amount of social assistance the former spouse received. Given the legal obligations, sponsorship should not be taken lightly, and everyone is responsible for ensuring that their marriage is genuine.

I have heard that the time limit has been greatly increased, however I have not been able to find any official source that supports this claim.

I agree with Gurmat Sangeet, there are lots of brides who have been abusing the system for years. They get their indefinite stay stamps and suddenly develop wings, then they get a divorce and get their old boy friend over from Punjab.

The period to get indefinite leave should be extended to 10 years to weed out all these abusers.

That seems like a good suggestion.

There's a tuk in Gurbani and in Bhai Gurdas Ji's vars which says in Kalyug, marriage is like a sauda (deal) and the woman cares not where her husband goes "bhave tau kuthau jaiee" (if goes to good places or bad), she is just concerned with her monetary benefits.

erm and what about the hundreds of indian "brides" who instead of going through an agent and spending 20laks on a visa, just spend 5laks on a wedding, get their "respectable" visa, come to England, play the perfect Nuh, and then give the in laws the boot once she gets her indefinate stay stamp.. oh and then the application for her indian boyfriend's visa gets filed!!!!!

today marriage in india has become a business, why waste money with agents when you can "respectfully" send your daughter abroad on a marriage visa?

Then for a visa even our moral fibre becomes compromised, where the average joe punjabi would pull out the gandasa if he caught his girl eyeing another guy, but its ok for her to marry a stranger share his bed waste his money in terms of his family forking out air tickets, wedding costs, gold etc. as long as she then gets him over after shes got her indefinate stay and gives her "husband" the boot.

I have to agree with Gurmat Sangeet here. I heard of women coming to uk and once the passports ready, they ship over their boyfriend. Its sad that both genders are doing these kinds of acts. Sometimes we just dont understand how our actions effect other people