Nihang Major Singh ji may hit the Guinness Book

Deep Singh

Another article I found,
AMRITSAR: Everyone gets flabbergasted when they see Baba Major Singh supporting a more-than-30-kg tower-shaped turban decorated with Sikh religious emblems. Major Singh calls it a " shaheedee bana " martyrs robes), which was worn by erstwhile Sikh generals

A towering source of inspiration

from that article:

He however resented that SGPC didn't take notice of him and gave him due honour despite the fact that he preaches Sikhism in his own unique way.

seems a little odd he would feel such a way... whatchutalkingabout_smile.gif

that doesn't seem very practical..... look at his neck, it almost looks deformed in that picture.. the poor guy's neck is under so much stress.. A dummalla is one thing, but we hafta keep this practical.. Guruji has asid that we should suffer in order to worship...

Sat Sri Akal:

"He however resented that SGPC didn't take notice of him and gave him due honour despite the fact that he preaches Sikhism in his own unique way. "

That is an odd comment. Go to the origional article posted at the head of the post. Click on the link in the yellow box, and it clearly states that the SGPC has arranged for scooters to anyone who is willing to help Nihang Sahib Ji (it states that the temple has made arrangements for the Dastaars, any accessories needed to tie the Dastaar and scooters for any youth willing to help him in his campaign).

The point of Nihang Singh Sahib wearing such a huge Dumalla is to attract attention, particularly the Sikh youth. His aim is so that the youth will be re-joined to the Dastaar and Sikhi roop (clearly stated in the video link that he wishes to attach the Sikh youth to the ways of Guru Sahiban). So this is his sewa. Don't worry about the Nihang Singh Sahib's neck or whether he can carry the weight. If his intent is pure, then Guru Sahib himself will carry the weight of his Sikh.

I hope this is a very successful campaign!!!

:nihungsmile:

vwihgurU jI kw Kwlsw!

vwihgurU jI kI &iqh!!

i was in harmander sahibs (amritsar sahib)musem i saw there very old painting of nihung singhs they had same amount of damalla on their head and reson for very big damala was one so that the damla protects the head and second is so that the eneimes gets scared to see is this a man or BIG MONSTER COMMING rolleyes.gifrolleyes.gif