Sikh Stabbbed To Death In East London

SarabhaPanjab

wjkk wjkf

I knew the Singh personally, he was always smiling and willing to help. Once we did maharaj di seva together, it was my duty to get the water like a flop i forgot and when one of the singhs said to me that where is the water, he rushed to the kitchen and got it. This was the humble character of bhai sahib, he took the seva from me even dough i am younger then him, he could have screwed at me, but he just went and got it. That is really deep and an unusual thing in this day and age as well.

He was like a innocent naive type of person ( the type that are too good for this corrupted world). He was brave but we will never get him back. I cant really say nothing else really, no matter what happens to the people that done , it will still not bring our brother back! Personally i think he should have just left the bag, the women was in no danger, he was too valuble to loose over a bag, the women could have got another one, the panth aint going to get sukhwinder singh back. A great loos to the panth. his brave deed and the sakhi i told you guys tells u a lot about his character.

there is a programme at barking gurdwara on the 30th of junaury 6pm to late - contact upkar singh from seven kings gurdwara for more details or click on this link

http://www.facebook.com/home.php?#/group.php?gid=266801382287&ref=mf

i heard the vigil on saturday 16th has been cancelled i dont knw why but just go and pay respects at any time - flowers and candles etc shud be done soon as road is open again 16th would have been too late anyway

• Replies 74
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

, the panth aint going to get sukhwinder singh back.

However, his actions will inspire more people to come forward to be the next Sukhwinder Singh. This is the cycle Maharaj creates for us and every so often some Gurmukh is blessed enough to make a massive impactual sacrifice to inspire others. Sukhwinder Singh was blessed with this sewa and I certainly know that his actions have made me think about myself and my own inner ability to stand up for righteousness...even if it is helping someone whose handbag has been snatched.

Sikhi celebrates death....Bhai Sukhwinder Singh is not a "victim".....he is an inspiration..

Wahe Guru Ji Ka Khalsa, Wahe Guru Ji Ki Fateh

For any donation for Sukhwinder paji, you guys can contact his Mama Sardar Gyan Singh Rahi (Uncle) on 07878671400

Omg.No No..I mentioned above that people need to call up the local gurudwara and arrange something with them. Please do no be handing money to any indiviual.Please Benti to thesangat and pass on the message.

Sukhwinder's Dad in india has decided that he will perosnally come to uk (Defo's) to get his son once his passport is made, which wont take long..Please wait till his dad comes..

Btw can i just ask who pointed out that money should be given to the mama? Mama himself?? Please Dont..Thankyou..Spread on the message !!

Sorry Paji, i didnt read ur msg before, I guess it best to give to Gurdwara

Sikhi celebrates death....Bhai Sukhwinder Singh is not a "victim".....he is an inspiration..

I agree, the more we can move away from this victim mentality the stronger we will become. Once upon a time Sikhs celebrated the death of the brave Soorma, today we have become accustomed to a bit of a victim mentality. I suppose today we see very little gallant behaviour in Sikhs so when it does happens, it is almost alien to us.

What needs to be done now is as a community we need to show full support for our brave Veer's family.

Waheguru ji ka Khalsa Waheguru ji ki Fateh,

The Khalsa Aid team feel great regret and remorse at the passing of this young Gursikh, but also pride by his actions. We also feel a responsibility to act to acknowledge his actions and remedy the effects on his family. We have received numerous calls from our donors request...ing us to do something for this brave Sardar’s family.

We are also honoured to have been contacted by Gurughars across the country, nominating us as a trusted UK registered charity to conduct a collection on their behalf.

Having met twice with President of the Barking Gurdwara, and also with Sukhwinder’s family in the UK, we can now announce that we have the blessings from the family and national Gurudwaras. We can now openly appeal for donations to contribute towards a fund for his immediate family (wife and only child in Punjab, India).

We recommend donations by Cheque or PayPal, and will be publishing on our website, FaceBook and Internet forums a list of all the donations (initials of the donor and amount) for maximum transparency.

For donations by PayPal please include in the "special instructions" that you are donating for the Sukhwinder Singh’s Family Fund so we can differentiate from donations for other projects.

For donations by cheque please include your full name and address as well as again a brief note that you are donating for the Sukhwinder Singh’s Family Fund.

For donations by Bank Transfer please drop us an email afterwards giving us the details of how much you donated so you can be added to the list.All details including bank details, e-mail addresses and phone numbers can be found:

http://www.khalsaaid.org/donate.html

Khalsa aid volunteers already scheduled to go to Punjab next month (oversee and expand our existing projects in Punjab) will personally hand deliver the collection to the family.

A full update with pictures and video will be provided on our return.

Please donate generously with confidence.

Ravinder Singh (Chairman)

Mobile: +44 (0) 790 3578 250

E-mail: ravisingh@khalsaaid.org

www.khalsaaid.org

www.focuspunjab.org

UK Registered Charity (#1080374)

On the Sikh Channel programme yesterday from Barking Gurdwara, they interviewed the Head Granthi who was saying that Bhai Sahib was stabbed twice in the back and one in the heart!!

As per the ITN news this morning 3 local youths have been arrested and the Met Police now believe more than 2 youths were involved in the stabbing of Bhai Sukhwinder Singh.

I didn't know the lady who was mugged was also a Sikh! No wonder the Sukhwinder Singh chased after them...

A TEARFUL mugging victim yesterday paid tribute to the have-a-go-hero killed by her attackers.

Karamjit Kaur, 28, hailed Sukhwinder Singh as her "guardian angel".

Weeping, she said the father of one "did the bravest thing anyone could do".

She added: "He was a guardian angel coming out of the darkness to help me.

"His wife has lost a husband and his child their father. I can't stop crying."

Karamjit was set upon by two men as she walked home from Barking railway station, East London. One grabbed her bag - punching her three times in the face.

Sukhwinder, 31, heard her screams and chased the thieves - but one pulled a knife and stabbed him. He died in hospital after the attack on Friday night.

Sukhwinder had worked in London for ten years - sending money back to his wife, 29, and ten-year-old son in India.

The robbers were said to be black men in their 20s or 30s.

I agree, the more we can move away from this victim mentality the stronger we will become. Once upon a time Sikhs celebrated the death of the brave Soorma, today we have become accustomed to a bit of a victim mentality. I suppose today we see very little gallant behaviour in Sikhs so when it does happens, it is almost alien to us.

What needs to be done now is as a community we need to show full support for our brave Veer's family.

Is he not worthy of being called a Shaheed now?

He has made the ultimate sacrifice in upholding the core values of Sikhism.

If he was given the title of Shaheed his story would inspire millions to live the good life. The Truth.

Who decides on awarding somebody the title?

If he is given it, it needs to be given from the top, from Amritsar.

RIP Shaheed Bhai Sukhwinder Singh.

Is he not worthy of being called a Shaheed now?

I agree. In my view he is a Shaheed, he sacrificed his life for someone else's well-being. Perhaps we should be confident to name him Shaheed Bhai Sukhwinder Singh.

We have to, surely as Sikhs this is the greatest honour that could be bestowed on a Sikh in death for an act such as this.

Selfless Service.

He gave his life protecting the honour of our faith. Helping the innocent.

It has to be. How much pride must that fill in all Sikhs, that one of our own could have done such a thing.

Ultimate Pride.