Return of Sant Jarnail Singh Bhindrawala

OneSikhi

Hello my brothers and sisters.

I happened upon this forum and noticed this topic: Will Sant Jarnail Singh Bhindrawala return? I was so moved, I decided to register. In my opinion, I find this question rhetorical, as he was a human being who is now deceased, surely not to return.

More importantly, I feel that the reincarnation of this man, so to speak, is the last thing our Sikhi needs. We, as humans, have to distance ourselves from the violence that would entail from another “Khalistani” occupation. As Sikhs, the Gurus wished to show us the way of simplicity, humility and Truth. We step away from these things when we take arms when they are not immediately necessary. The Gurus tell us of many materialistic desires and illusions that can influence a journeying Sikh away from the path of Truth.

With the perfection that is our Waheguru, would it be wrong to assume that He would already have bestowed Sikhs with a portion of land if He deemed it necessary? Waheguru gave us more than that. He gave us a beautiful planet full of life. A Sikh embraces the whole world as the land of Khalsa. To do otherwise is to ignore – if not refute – the gift of God.

The pre-Mahatma Gandhi India was being exploited and destroyed on a daily-basis; All Indians were prisoners in their own country. The tyranny of those days, in retrospect, was far greater than the situations our modern day Sikhi faces.

Gandhi freed India from the British without firing one bullet, and he fought off the most powerful empire in the world. His words, his actions, his persistence is what freed his country of tyranny.

The Sikhs can learn so much from Gandhi. Why take hold of AK-47s

and promote violence along the way? Why not perhaps fight with our minds, our souls? Many of our brothers and sisters have died in vain. Justice must be brought to their lives without AK-47s or occupations of holy shrines; we must fight with the pen, our actions, our convictions. We are all human beings, all brothers and sisters, Hindus and Sikhs alike. To stop the injustices, don’t commit more injustices. That’s taking an eye for an eye.

• Replies 20
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Dear Brothers and Sisters.

I am disappointed that the mere mention of Gandhi was all it took to break the credibility of my words for some of you. The unfortunate thing is, the comments on Gandhi sparked the precise sense of anamosity I had wished Sikhs would abandon.

It does NOT matter what we THINK of Gandhi. It doesn't matter what we blame him for; it doesn't matter what we dislike him for. Hell, it doesn't matter that he freed India.

My point was: HE BROUGHT FREEDOM AND LIBERATION *WITHOUT RAISING A FIST*.

How can it be implied that we cannot learn from Gandhi? How naive and ignorant can we be? For Gandhi to apply his mind before his fist is something every single human-being can benefit from. What does it matter what we THINK of him?

Remember, you can learn something from everyone. From a theif, learn that it doesn't pay to steal.

Veer Ji / Bhan Ji,

You are obviously quite articulate, and many of your ideas are fantastic; however, your thoughts of Gandhi are a bit incorrect.

It is a fact that Gandhi learned his pacifism and techniques for peace from SIKHS, not the other way around.

It is also a fact that Gandhi wasn't a very scrupulous man; in fact, he had a serious hatred for many races and religions, including Sikhi.

Here are some URL's that may help:

http://www.sikhnet.com/sikhnet/discussion....8C?OpenDocument

http://www.sikhnet.com/sikhnet/discussion....38?OpenDocument

http://www.sikhnet.com/sikhnet/discussion....CF?OpenDocument

:T:

To stop the injustices, don’t commit more injustices.

Gursikh bhujangi singhs and singhnees of Shamsher Bahadur Dasmesh Pita Ji would never commit injustices. What injustices are you talking about jee? It's not an injustice to use the sword, especially against someone like Indhira Gandhi who was responsible for slaughtering tens of thousands of innocent men, women, youth, and children.

Many of our brothers and sisters have died in vain
:wub: @ :) @ :) @ - you're claiming tha our Shaheeds achieved shaheedi in vain rolleyes.gif
My point was: HE BROUGHT FREEDOM AND LIBERATION *WITHOUT RAISING A FIST*.

How can it be implied that we cannot learn from Gandhi? How naive and ignorant can we be? For Gandhi to apply his mind before his fist is something every single human-being can benefit from. What does it matter what we THINK of him?

Gan´dhi didn't do ANYTHING with non-violence - if that was the case, then why did he force Sikhs to fight for

the brits rolleyes.gif

Gandhi had his own Agendas!

Sikhi teaches - do not do injustice - but don't ACCEPT it either!UNLIKE Gandhi who said -

if someone slaps me on one side, i'd put my the other chin forward !

you need to read more abuot gundi!

here read this-

http://www.africanbynature.com/eyes/openey...thofgandhi.html

Click on the link!

bhull chukk maaf

Waheguroo Jee Ka Khalsa!

Waheguroo Jee Kee Fateh!!

Gandhi was an <banned word filter activated> he was a puppet of Britain but not many people know that and after he died it was Britain that made him look like a Hero. The real Hero that helped India with Independence was Udham Singh. Gandhi didn't help Sikhs in India he used to say bad stuff about Sikhs on a Radio like for example Sikhs are bad people and eat meat and drink sharaab and also he said the Guru Granth Saab was fake too and other crap about Sikhs. As for Bhindrawale why are you all waiting for him to come back is he Superman? He is just one man that spoke with heart in what he believes anyone can do that if they want something bad enough just like he wanted equal rights for Sikhs. :wub: )

gandhi put the sikhs as front line people attacking the goras. then when the british were weaker he did whatever. he did law and knew how to use people, he made people weaken the british, then he took credit for it.

if you admire gandhi that much, go to india and do what he did and see how much it really works.

you go to india, with some pacifists, and get khalistan or khalsa raj sit in delhi and campaign and when the indian police batter you like hell and you do the same thing over and over again only to be battered well see how much land you achieved for khalistan/khalsa raj and then you'll see how much gandhi really achieved.

Dear Brothers and Sisters,

Please accept my humble apologies. I can see that my analogy with Gandhi has fallen on deaf ears. I read most of the information that was referred to me by my brothers after my last response. However, with the grace of Guru Nanak Dev Ji’s teachings, I came to the conclusion that the authors of these documents possess a significant bias rather than a significant credibility on the topic. Frankly, I read for the most part unabridged moral attacks on a man who has some very notable accomplishments. I believe that no one can claim to know a human being as well as God. Let Waheguru judge him. What a person leaves behind, his actions and his words are what define that person to us as far as character is concerned. No man is perfect, and I can state that with confidence.

Therefore, for all of us, I will retire the notion that Sikhs can learn from Gandhi, as the notion itself is a source of the hate and violence I wish to see end. I should not have mentioned him, and will not henceforth until we brothers and sisters are open to the discussion.

I would like to draw you to the rest of my argument, as this is where I wished to engage us in heated debate in the first place.

Civil conflict in any nation, and the inevitable hardship and bloodshed that it inflicts on that nation's population, offends our sense of human dignity and ideals. When many nations and regions are torn by political, religious and ethnic conflict, we should all work together to build a safer more prosperous world.

Many of my brethren ask, to what extent should we let up on armed resistance in favor of nonviolence? In light of the unspeakable acts of violence a

nd cruelty that our kin face in Punjab, how much can nonviolence possibly accomplish? How much oppression can we endure before we are a lost cause?

These are some of the most important questions that have faced a Sikh since the beginning to today.

A point that many of you might make is that Guru Gobind Singh Ji enacted justice on the ignorant and cruel people who oppressed His followers and the followers of the Sikh faith by the motion of his great sword. I agree to this completely. But before the battles, before the sacrifices, my brothers and sisters, there was Zafarnama. Guru Gobind Singh Ji was passionate about poetry, literature and the power of the word. The Guru was a literary giant and a patron of poets. He drew his sword as his final resort. Even today the pens that graced our Guru Gobind Singh Ji’s hands are displayed and worshipped with the same reverence as his sword. Because when he wasn’t fighting with weapons, he was fighting with his words. He, the Master of these martial arts, sharpened his sword with the same faith that he sharpened his words. Are we following the example of our great Guru? Are we exhausting every attempt towards a peaceful resolution through our words before we embrace justice by metal?

It is human nature for many of us to be tempted by the satisfaction of a powerful rebellion and a short path towards a short-lived Khalistan. The Great Gurus warned us of the perils of human desire. Waheguru created all people, and regardless of their sins, we must first look upon them as one of our own. Every person regardless of faith is on a path of Sikhi, of learning, even our oppressors. We should be humiliated to think that we should kill in God’s name as we are in essence killing His children. Who are we under Him to take such a stride? Justice has many forms, but none higher than the Justice of God. How can we assume that He will judge the sins of the oppressed differently than the sins of the oppressors?

The Guru Granth Sahib speaks of the fight for just

ice, and this is something I believe in as a Sikh. But I cannot accept that this beautiful religion calls on me to take arms before considering the humanity behind a peaceful resolution. Killing is killing whether for duty, profit or fun.

Thank you for your responses. I have learned much about you my friends in a very short period of time.