Should I Do This Pooja?

Guest REP

• Replies 23
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest Singh

In this harsh competitive world how many skilled workers have found themselves unemployed? Maybe this is the test from Waheguru himself to see how loyal you are to Sikhi? Life is not easy, do you think Waheguru just wants to give you a highly paid job on a plate? Learn from your experience, sign up to voluntarily work, get politically active to help the unemployed, do some Sewa down the Gurdwara. You want Waheguru to look at you and smile and say, "this child of mine stood the test of time to remain faithful to Sikhi, helped others when they themselves were unemployed, did Sewa for my people".

Before you say it is easy for you, I have been made redundant, unemployed in the past, I make less money than I did a year ago but I signed up for voluntarily work to help others in my position. I thank Waheguru for what I have, I hold my head high, remain faithful to my faith, I am training to learn new skills. What kind of person would I be if I did not understand what redundancy, unemployment, lack of money means. I come across adults who can not read or write but with the right encouragement they learn these skills - how much courage does this take to admit I am illiterate please help me to read and write - a Pandit with his mumbo jumbo is not going to help them with their functional skills?

Remember Harkirat Singh a child of 7 - the story is below, no one is asking you to be a martyr but for WaheGurus sake be the man you are destined to be!

During the times of our illustrious leader Banda Bhahadur Singh

"One of the YOUNGEST Martyrs was Harkirat Singh just 7 years old. His mother managed to get him a Royal pardon on the grounds that he was a HINDU. When she arrived at the Martyr Ground to "rescue" her son..He DENIED the lady was his mother. How could his mother say he wasnt a sikh ? He begged the Zalaad to cut his head quickly as he was being delayed unnecessarily by an obvioulsy mad lady. I am a SIKH and want my martyrdom NOW"!

Where can I read more about Sankat Mochan?

Sankat Mochan, also known as Sharda Pooran granth, is available from the links below my post. It's either on the khojee or PJS scribd account. These are methods given by Guru Gobind Singh ji to the panth, they were written by Shaheed Bhai Mani Singh ji.

Mukt Marag is a simlilar granth but deeper, coming from Guru ji.

I developed faith in these kinds of specific viddhis after they cured my insomnia when nothing else would. ANy bani will work, but these methods are more targetted and precise, making it easier then just taking a general approach.

Where can I read more about Sankat Mochan?

Sankat Mochan, also known as Sharda Pooran granth, is available from the links below my post. It's either on the khojee or PJS scribd account. These are methods given by Guru Gobind Singh ji to the panth, they were written by Shaheed Bhai Mani Singh ji.

Mukt Marag is a simlilar granth but deeper, coming from Guru ji.

I developed faith in these kinds of specific viddhis after they cured my insomnia when nothing else would. ANy bani will work, but these methods are more targetted and precise, making it easier then just taking a general approach.

I should have said I can't read Panjabi/Gurmukhi is their an Eng Translation

To the original poster, try this with your mom. tell her that you met some Sant/Baba/Gurmukh piyara and he said that you and your closest family do the Sahej path together. "And mom, we can do it together, and if that doesn't change the stars for me, than I will go to the pooja (not that I really want you to do that, but I do believe that first of all your mother won't agree to do Sahej Path with you, but if somehow she does agree, than Guru Sahib does have stregth that she won't want to get into pandits chakkarview any more after reciting 1/2 or more of Sri Guru Granth Sahib jee.

So in nutshell, before she makes you fall in her pooja trap, you make her fall in yours or make her give up on hers if she doesn't agree on yours.

My Mom just told me that on hola mohala, one is supposed to make something sweet and make it go round and round around kids head and feed the birds and that way kids won't get chickenpox. First time, I put it through one ear and let out the other. But when she said the second time, I said mom, I can make something sweet, but won't make it go round and round around kids head to make kaali ma happy. My Vaheguru is takiing care of my kids well and I don't have to make kaali ma happy, she is not anymore powerful than my vaheguru.

And what happened, that I even forgot to make something sweet that day. I think I made the apple pie one day before and we still havn't finished it.

And I do have faith in Vaheguru jee, so nothing to worry.

So as other people suggested, keep working on your resume and skills and networking (very important in job market and other fields as well) and keep faith in vaheguruji. Don't forget the dasvandh of your time towards remembering GOD through simran, reciting banis, listening to katha keertan etc.

Sorry for the late reply, thanks for all your responses.

I'm afraid I will most probably be going ahead with the pooja after all. I can seriously see my mum having a heart attack over this, and thats no joke. Shes flipped out before pretty badly smashing dishes, and I can see this being worse if I dont go.

I told my mum we should do sahej paat but shes not taking a no for the pooja. She's convinced the pandit may be right and she said that after this pooja, she will never do this sort of thing again and will just stick to sukhmani sahib. I really think I have to go for her sake.

Again thanks for the reponses though.

Guest blackmail

I've noticed that a lot of parents do this sort of emotional blackmail to have their way with their children... :S

I suppose there is no guarantee that we won't do this when we become parents.

Guest H.B.SINGH

HI DEAR, NOT ONLY YOU EVERY PERSON HAVE THE PROBLMES IN LIFE AND I AM TELLING YOU THE MOST POWERFUL TO DEFEAT UR ENIMIES(UR SO CALLED STARS IN UR CASE). I HAVE ADOPPTED THIS MEATHOD IN MY LIFE WHEN I WAS FACING THE PROBLMES. AND I FOUND THE MOST POWERFUL WEAPON TO FACE UR LIFE. YOU WAKE UP EARLY IN THE MORNING AND RECITE THE "CHOPAI SAHIB" FOR 1 HOUR OR 2 HOURS OR WHAT WHATEVER IS UR CAPACITY AND DO THE "ARDASS" FOR WHAT U WANT IN LIFE. I BELEIVE U WILL MAKE OVER UR PROBLMES IN A VERY SHORT PERIOD.

• 10 months later...