Blue Kashara?

Guest noonespecial

Obviously there is no written proof anywhere about what color a kashera should be. All those who say it can be any color are looking for proof of what color it should be.

So at times like this, I PERSONALLY, look to every ucha-sucha uchee avastha Gursikh in Sikhi and say to myself "What did THIS person do?"

Bhai Randheer Singh Jee - white kashera

Sant Baba Harnaam Singh Jee - white kashera

Sant Baba Nand Singh Jee - white kashera

Sant Jarnail Singh Jee Bhinderwale - white kashera

Sant Baba Isher Singh Jee - white kashera

Sant Baba Attar Singh Jee - white kashera

(if you doubt this, please look at the pictures of these Gursikhs)

So please people, let's gain a little perspective. No one can change your mind, so please, if you feel like wearing a pink polka dot kashera...GO RIGHT AHEAD!

But personally, I'm a copycat in life. I try my best to copy the jeevans of those Gursikhs that have attained muktee in this life. If they didn't wear any other color other than white kashera, then I don't think I will be either.

That's all I have to say...

bhul chuk di khima..

Waheguru Jee Ka Khalsa

Waheguru Jee Kee Fateh

• Replies 79
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Thanks for everyone giving their views, expecially Mkhalsa, PSingh and NooneSpecial!! :wub:

It is certain everyone has their own views, but my own personal views is that outside does not matter, the inside matters most. Do whatever you want outside, you can show your a amritdhari from outside, but inside you can be something whole lot different.

Another questions (sorry), so if it is white, white that = purity. Why dont we just wear only WHITE. White kachera, white keski, white clothes, white everything... wont it help us remind purity than. I have many relatives that are nanaksari and adopt this. Its just tradition coming down. But come on guys, why do we have to argue this. Think about inside guys, INSIDE. And yes ask panj pyaray i would recommend that too. :cool:

bhul chuk maph!

if you feel like wearing a pink polka dot kashera...GO RIGHT AHEAD!
lol...but ur absolutely right we should look at these gursikhs and try to follow their steps.
It is certain everyone has their own views, but my own personal views is that outside does not matter, the inside matters most. Do whatever you want outside, you can show your a amritdhari from outside, but inside you can be something whole lot different.

Another questions (sorry), so if it is white, white that = purity. Why dont we just wear only WHITE. White kachera, white keski, white clothes, white everything... wont it help us remind purity than. I have many relatives that are nanaksari and adopt this. Its just tradition coming down. But come on guys, why do we have to argue this. Think about inside guys, INSIDE. And yes ask panj pyaray i would recommend that too.

ofcourse a sikh is supposed to be pure inside out, and both are important. where guru sahib gave us His own saroop for the outside, He gave us gurbani and naam for the inside. we usually hear monays, or as they like to call themselves - sahajdharis..yah sounds nice , saying that only inside matters as guru sahib's not gonna

look at one's outside. But outside is as important as inside too. if you are in proper bana and everything you will remember that you are guru saroop and will hesitate to do anything that you shouldn't do. your outside keeps reminding you of guru sahib all the time and you are more likely to be pure on the inside too, or atleast thats what i think :wub:

oh and for kashera i wear offwhites. but all i know is Blue and Orange Kashera is a big NO NO. cuz these colors are for dastars/ siropas/ chunni and cholas only. also kesari is nishan sahib's color so we respect that and cant wear for kashera...common sense. rolleyes.gif

Jio,

Thanks for the replies. I have nothing more to say but what everyone believes is what they believe right. Everyone have their own beliefs. I believe we dont have to be ritually strict on this, cuz i honestly believe if guru ji saw me he wouldnt judge me whether i wear a blue, orange or white kachera, but whether my deeds i have done, are good or bad.

jeao nirmal bahroh nirmal

jeeahu mailae baahuruhu nirumul

Inwardly polluted, and outwardly pure.

That is what i was saying too veerji :wub:

bhul chuk maph!

veer jee,

guru sahib DOES CARE. thats the point!!

the more rehat we follow, the more guru sahib will adore us. look at it this way, we can say we love guru sahib as much as we want, but without rehat to back it up, its nothing.

would a gora tell their girlfriend they love them but dont ever want to marry them or give them anything? the girl would leave him!!

love is such a thing in this world that you need to basically put your money where your mouth is!

rehat pyare mukh ko, sikh pyare nahi.

if you wore a blue kashera, a nihang would beat you up.

haha thats pretty harsh. does the color of someones kashera really hurt that much? u cant even see people's kashera so saying its worn to show roop is kind of wrong. like daas n daas said its whats on the inside that matters because u can see some sardars that are just like other people and dont even step inside a gurdwara or even go to a nagar kirtan and some people with only a kara might visit the gurdwara regularily. it all depends how u look at it. blue can symbolize purity as well it makes u think of the cool calm ocean.

if you wore a blue kashera, a nihang would beat you up.

haha thats pretty harsh. does the color of someones kashera really hurt that much? u cant even see people's kashera so saying its worn to show roop is kind of wrong. like daas n daas said its whats on the inside that matters because u can see some sardars that are just like other people and dont even step inside a gurdwara or even go to a nagar kirtan and some people with only a kara might visit the gurdwara regularily. it all depends how u look at it. blue can symbolize purity as well it makes u think of the cool calm ocean.

Good points bhainji!! :wub: