Blue Kashara?

Waheguroo Jee Ka Khalsa!

Waheguroo Jee Kee Fateh!!

lol at khalsa4ever

reight is important down to the last thing

if u didnt know, its a different story

but now u know kacherra is suposed to be white

and u can ask nihangs, taksal, akj,, nanaksar,the older memebers of all these jathas and theyll tell u kacherra shud be white

white repersents purity

and guru je told us to keep that color down there so we wud remeber purity

thats just one reason

there are more

but we shudnt need reasons

ask any jatha leaders

theyll say kacherra shud be white

its actually us westerners that are getting this new modarnized version of sikhi were little things dont matter

everything matters in reight

theres a reson guru je gave us rav style kacherras, white

guru je just didnt pick white for fun

just ask any jatha leaders

kacherra shud be white

if they say no, please inform me

bhula chuka maf

Waheguroo Jee Ka Khalsa!

Waheguroo Jee Kee Fateh!!

• Replies 79
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

reight is important down to the last thing

if u didnt know, its a different story

but now u know kacherra is suposed to be white

and u can ask nihangs, taksal, akj,, nanaksar,the older memebers of all these jathas and theyll tell u kacherra shud be white

vwihgurU jI kw Kwlsw!

vwihgurU jI kI &iqh!!

Bro, you have made good points. But not clear enough. Not all say you have to, i know many gursikhs, from abroad and here, that say you dont 'have to' wear white, but should wear it cuz its a sign of purity and to REMIND you. But if you choose to wear blue, black, whatever colour, and it doesnt upset your thoughts, and distract you from simran, then go ahead.

bhul chuk maph.

if you wore a blue kashera, a nihang would beat you up.

White is the only color appropriate for a kashera, there are many historical and rehat reasons for this, whether you choose to accept it or not, is your thing.

If you think any color is acceptable, how about a bright RED kashera, tell me thats not inviting kaam?

Guest SikhForLife

hey now dont blame the kachera to 'invite' kaam.. u gotta control ur mind.. even if u have white if u cant control ur mind then what good is white?

hey now dont blame the kachera to 'invite' kaam.. u gotta control ur mind.. even if u have white if u cant control ur mind then what good is white?

vwihgurU jI kw Kwlsw!

vwihgurU jI kI &iqh!!

Agreed!

In addition, there is one other factor that must be considered... the "historical" factor. Why are Katcheras white? Because no one at that time wore blue, green, red katcheras. No reason for it. People just did.

Now, back then, people never used microphones or speakers. So does that mean that Gurujee never would accept us using these now? Of course not! How about the internet or computers? I mean Guru Sahib must be appauled that we are reading his Gurbani on a liquid crystal display instead of paper! Right? And don't even get me started on our use of harmoniums in keertan (I mean those were introduced by the BRITISH on purpose to convert our keertan into english style music)...

These are just examples. The point is that NOW we are saying that white is purity (but we don't wear WHITE paghs all the time or dumalla, or kaprai) so how can we apply this kind of double standard? There are some out there who strongly believe that their clothes MUST be blue and orange. But I wear a black pagh!

With pseudo-white Kakhis! and a red shirt! and a light grey katchera!

Bottom line? The clothes don't make the person (especially the color).

vwihgurU jI kw Kwlsw!

vwihgurU jI kI &iqh!!

I dont understand why you people are debating this! The colour is WHITE, and WHITE ONLY! I have asked someone who partakes in Panj Pyaareh seva and basically I was told that WHITE is the colour that you are supposed to wear, this whole notion of other colours is just a cultural perspective etc....WHY can't you just accept WHITE as the colour?

IS IT REALLY A BIG DEAL TO THOSE ARGUING FOR OTHER COLOURS?? WHY DON'T YOU GO AND ASK THE PANJ PYAAREH IF YOU HAVE SUCH DOUBTS? THERES NO POINT IN GOING OVER AND OVER IT AGAIN!!! no.gif