I.J. Singh

Only five

I have been reading this guys(I.J. Singh) articles in the past couple of weeks and all of them are always twisting and distorting something about Sikh history or Sikhi?

What's the history on this guy? Is he another Inder Ghagga or just a really naive person or something else. I highly doubt the naive part since it seems he's in his 60s and got a phd in something.

Just want facts about him.

• Replies 21
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

There are lots of his type posting on websites.. All these sikhchic.com typical desi ppl wanna act like goray (inferiority complex)...

Exactly.This man wants to modify sikhism on western lines.He thinks sikhi of Guru sahib

should be moulded per western life style.

He supports kala afghana and Darshan lal ragi.

There are lots of his type posting on websites.. All these sikhchic.com typical desi ppl wanna act like goray (inferiority complex)...

Exactly.This man wants to modify sikhism on western lines.He thinks sikhi of Guru sahib

should be moulded per western life style.

He supports kala afghana and Darshan lal ragi.

I dont doubt that. I have seen it in his writings for myself. The writings still have value though, they are better than most authors in India. The point I really like is that he says there should be a new Sikh Reformation to cleanse it off the caste, and other stuff that prevents sikhs from growing.

I dont doubt that. I have seen it in his writings for myself. The writings still have value though, they are better than most authors in India. The point I really like is that he says there should be a new Sikh Reformation to cleanse it off the caste, and other stuff that prevents sikhs from growing.

Caste system is not embedded in sikh teachings.It is a part of culture of that region. Sikhism rejects that.

Khalsaism rejects casteism in practical way.IJ Singh writes against basic sikh teachings and practices.He thinks

he is very smart and can befool people by jugglery of words. He is mistaken there and should realize writings

are wrong.He is a coward who forwards anti sikh stance in a sheepish way.

When I.J. Singh adds value to his articles, it's not to disclose the truth, but to cover the falsehood he spreads with truth. Put a bit of truth here and there and people will think it's a brilliant piece and all is truth. Many pseudo scholars of today and past have used the same technique to spread their falsehood. They say something that is generally accepted by the group to grab hold of their attention and show that neutral point, but slowly add their own made up agenda until the end of the point where it clearly shows what his intentions were(but since they build up to it most people dont catch on as fast or at all). The people themselves could be misinformed from before or ignorant of the facts need to make decision on his writing. Just read more of his articles or other psuedo scholars like him and you'll catch on really fast.

For this pseudo scholar he knows its the whole western free thinking era and what everyone likes to call logical thinking era. He uses this logical thinking concept to his advantage. When logical thinking is used here it really means ignorant people that just have scratched the surface to discover why about Sikhi. To prove the whole western look(logical era) as correct he uses false reasoning and does not disclose all the truth on the matter or facts and he adds made up facts of his own to emphasize his opinion. Before he introduces his made up facts he'll place before it that Scholars accept it. It gives that authority look to the 'fact' Really it's a load of cr*p.

His writing is to impress the reader not provide truth. It more about drama then provide a useful piece where a person can gain something out of it. I wouldn't take his writing anymore than a action movie where aliens have landed and their taking over the world.

The only time anyone should use his writing as an reference is when using it for showing how falsehood is spread with hints of truth.

Here is an article by I.J. Singh where he comes out and says All the Gurus were nothing more than man and died, just like any other human. Just to impress the reader he adds they were humans who lived truthfully and showed that to their Sikhs.

http://www.sikhchic.com/article-detail.php?id=1214&cat=12

Here is a perfect example out of the above post which I linked.

If at martyrdom Guru Arjan and Tegh Bahadar felt no pain, then they did not suffer. If they did not suffer as we lesser mortals do, what can they tell us about human suffering? How can they show us the way? Christ was not without suffering when he wailed: "Father, why have thou forsaken me?"

When Guru Arjan was tortured 1600 years later, he felt the pain though he did not lament his suffering. God the Father had not abandoned him. Instead, Guru Arjan essentially said: "Thy Will be done." His words at that time were of cheerful acceptance of the Will of God and the wish always to be imbued with the love of God. Guru Gobind Singh saw his two young teenaged sons go to war, never to return. He knew when his two younger sons were bricked up alive but did not recant their faith. His answer speaks of the man: "What if I have lost four sons, there are countless more." He was pointing to his followers then. Surely, he knew a father's pain. Certainly, the Gurus shared our human experience but were able to transcend it. Otherwise, they would have little to show us and nothing to teach us. If they felt no pain, what can they tell us about it? If they faced no temptation, they can hardly teach us how to manage ours.

We all know Gurbani came from Waheguru and we know Waheguru is perfect and does not have fear or hatred(mool Mantar). Now by saying the above I.J. Singh implies that God also had to go through all the worldly pains as we humans do inorder to know what they are and then tell us about it. In fact I.J. Singh just describe a God that is not perfect and is not the God, but Waheguru is born from another God. If Waheguru was not born then how does he know what we go through(in his own article he contradicts himself). Waheguru had to go through the experience to explain to us in Anand Sahib what takes place. Is I.J. Singh unaware of the Mool Mantar and of Gurbani all together he missed to mention Guru and God are one. Did he forget that whatever he says about the Gurus is directly saying God is the same. Did he forget to put the last to facts together and understand that Guru Sahib knows all.

Again I say the alien action filled movie is much better drama than reading I.J. Singh's articles. biggrin.gif

When I.J. Singh adds value to his articles, it's not to disclose the truth, but to cover the falsehood he spreads with truth. Put a bit of truth here and there and people will think it's a brilliant piece and all is truth. Many pseudo scholars of today and past have used the same technique to spread their falsehood. They say something that is generally accepted by the group to grab hold of their attention and show that neutral point, but slowly add their own made up agenda until the end of the point where it clearly shows what his intentions were(but since they build up to it most people dont catch on as fast or at all). The people themselves could be misinformed from before or ignorant of the facts need to make decision on his writing. Just read more of his articles or other psuedo scholars like him and you'll catch on really fast.

For this pseudo scholar he knows its the whole western free thinking era and what everyone likes to call logical thinking era. He uses this logical thinking concept to his advantage. When logical thinking is used here it really means ignorant people that just have scratched the surface to discover why about Sikhi. To prove the whole western look(logical era) as correct he uses false reasoning and does not disclose all the truth on the matter or facts and he adds made up facts of his own to emphasize his opinion. Before he introduces his made up facts he'll place before it that Scholars accept it. It gives that authority look to the 'fact' Really it's a load of cr*p.

His writing is to impress the reader not provide truth. It more about drama then provide a useful piece where a person can gain something out of it. I wouldn't take his writing anymore than a action movie where aliens have landed and their taking over the world.

The only time anyone should use his writing as an reference is when using it for showing how falsehood is spread with hints of truth.

Here is an article by I.J. Singh where he comes out and says All the Gurus were nothing more than man and died, just like any other human. Just to impress the reader he adds they were humans who lived truthfully and showed that to their Sikhs.

http://www.sikhchic....?id=1214&cat=12

I never thought about it that way. Its really one of those article that makes people feel good, but in reality it has no value to Sikhi. The kala afghana stuff is clear when he makes references in his articles.