More Problems For Canadian Sikhs

N30S1NGH

Yes i agree. We should refrain from sending special invitation to politicians as it would defeat purpose of sangat, everyone is invited to sangat automatically as long certain principles are met- cover your head etc. But it boogles me, how we get ourselves in negative news all the time in the media. Its also worth noting that we are alost most disliked group/community within Canadian Community based on independent survey. Thanks to our incompetent pardans and our leaders who are not doing enough to represent sikh community positively.

I think it is stupid to glorify Khalistan or militants in the parade. This event is supposed to be about Khalsa and not 80s. Our leaders are more busy in scoring points over one another than doing something positive for people.

• Replies 57
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Yes i agree. We should refrain from sending special invitation to politicians as it would defeat purpose of sangat, everyone is invited to sangat automatically as long certain principles are met- cover your head etc. But it boogles me, how we get ourselves in negative news all the time in the media. Its also worth noting that we are alost most disliked group/community within Canadian Community based on independent survey. Thanks to our incompetent pardans and our leaders who are not doing enough to represent sikh community positively.

I think it is stupid to glorify Khalistan or militants in the parade. This event is supposed to be about Khalsa and not 80s. Our leaders are more busy in scoring points over one another than doing something positive for people.

I won't put up a picture of Satwant Singh ji and Beant Singh ji, two Sikhs that gave their life for the Panth, because some politician calls them miltants, then I might aswell be dead.

Those pictures are put up so people will know these men are honored by the Khalsa Panth for their courages acts.

Here is an possible solution, have a Canadian Sikh body which represent all the jathas of sikhs living in Canada. I think there is already World Canadian Sikh Organization. We need them to issue an statement here. Look this bains dude could be GOI or darshan lal or an fanatic extermist but thats not the point. The point is this dude is happen to be sikh and organizer for the vaishakhi sikh event. That very much represents the Sikh community. We should wake up from denial that is our fault and acknowledge there is bad element in our panth and condemn them to fullest extend and figure how to deal with this chakanya type of politics afterwards but right now- We must get World Canadian Sikh Organization body to issue an statement condemning this idi ot and his act

I won't put up a picture of Satwant Singh ji and Beant Singh ji, two Sikhs that gave their life for the Panth, because some politician calls them miltants, then I might aswell be dead.

Those pictures are put up so people will know these men are honored by the Khalsa Panth for their courages acts.

*EDITED* But asking to remove pictures of sant jarnail singh bhindranwale and satwant and beant singh ji and other mahan shaheeds , its like asking india to remove- bhagat singh, udham singh and shiva ji warrior who fought and got the nation and its people freedom from british and mughal rule. Media should also note in England, bhagat singh and udham singh are still consider to be terrorist but in india they are consider freedom fighers - shaheed/Matyrs.. Media is totally wrong regarding on shaheed satwant singh and beant singh.

Here is an possible solution, have a Canadian Sikh body which represent all the jathas of sikhs living in Canada. I think there is already World Canadian Sikh Organization. We need them to issue an statement here. Look this bains dude could be GOI or darshan lal or an fanatic extermist but thats not the point. The point is this dude is happen to be sikh and organizer for the vaishakhi sikh event. That very much represents the Sikh community. We should wake up from denial that is our fault and acknowledge there is bad element in our panth and condemn them to fullest extend and figure how to deal with this chakanya type of politics afterwards but right now- We must get World Canadian Sikh Organization body to issue an statement condemning this idi ot and his act

Singh I agree with you. In no way am I justifying this Bains guys actions and if it sounds like I am then I apologize. These actions are completely unacceptable. This mans actions must be condemned to the max. There is no room for this behavior.

Even Damesh Darbar needs to take this person out of their circle and completely, single this man out who acted out of his own selfish ways.

*EDITED* But asking to remove pictures of sant jarnail singh bhindranwale and satwant and beant singh ji and other mahan shaheeds , its like asking india to remove- bhagat singh, udham singh and shiva ji warrior who fought and got the nation and its people freedom from british and mughal rule.

Again I completely agree.

*EDITED*

From what i got by searching google news is that organisers are not gonna apologise as they say no threat was issued. Only it was said that the two MPS were not invited but are welcome to attend. Incase they choose to attend they should bring their own security as they are not on official invitee list and organisors are not gonna provide extra security and if some fundamentalist attender gets charged up on them due to their moderate views it is not organisers fault so they should bring their own security. It is a small issue concerning one organiser and perceived anti-sikh politicians by many sikhs.

Please dont make mountains out of moles (right quote?)