More Problems For Canadian Sikhs

N30S1NGH

I don't see anything wrong with that article. Look at the history of what happened to those MP's in the past. No event organizer want to take the risk of inviting them. If any of these so called *Modern* punjabi characters reach the nagar kirtan venue then someone probably do something stupid to these high profile ppl. Then who will bear the blame? Media will definitely blame the organizers.. So, to me the statement is over blown by media. He probably meant.. If they come then they should bring their own security as they will be responsible for their own safety.

Secondly, i don't understand why the event organizer want to invite political figures to speak on such events? Whats the point?? They don't care or know anything about our religion. If these event organizer want to spread message of sikhi then organize interfaith meetings and then call these ppl. Inviting guest speaker and that too politician is the pure pendu culture that these ppl brought to surrey. No special invitations should be given to anyone !

Gurwinder.. just like darshan lal.. is no professor of anything.. They will never be able to show the proof that they earned such professional degree. WSO is no different as they support such figures of darshan lal and co.

• Replies 57
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

sorry singh i bit confused, either media misquoted or inderjit singh bains never said welcome. I am just quoting him from the radio. Do anyone have recording of this dude at sheraie punjab radio.

They have never been invited," Inderjit Singh Bains said during an interview on Radio Sher-e Punjab "If they come, they need to bring their own security."?

Nowhere it say inderjit singh bains said, they are welcome to attend. I am not sure what mr bains is trying to imply here.

I don't see anything wrong with that article. Look at the history of what happened to those MP's in the past. No event organizer want to take the risk of inviting them. If any of these so called *Modern* punjabi characters reach the nagar kirtan venue then someone probably do something stupid to these high profile ppl. Then who will bear the blame? Media will definitely blame the organizers.. So, to me the statement is over blown by media. He probably meant.. If they come then they should bring their own security as they will be responsible for their own safety.

Secondly, i don't understand why the event organizer want to invite political figures to speak on such events? Whats the point?? They don't care or know anything about our religion. If these event organizer want to spread message of sikhi then organize interfaith meetings and then call these ppl. Inviting guest speaker and that too politician is the pure pendu culture that these ppl brought to surrey. No special invitations should be given to anyone !

Gurwinder.. just like darshan lal.. is no professor of anything.. They will never be able to show the proof that they earned such professional degree. WSO is no different as they support such figures of darshan lal and co.

This make sense, thats why we need world sikh org to issue an statement to either clarify behalf of bains or condemn this individual if there is any malicious intention. Now that i think about it, it make sense but these days, you better make an statements like that in one breath instead of pauses.. you can be sure someone will take out of context. I don't know what exactly was said in punjabi as i didn't listen to the actual radio show, if someone heard what was said and tone .. may be they can post their thoughts.

Yeh.. It is bit hard to get what exactly he wanted to say. I am sure he meant that they never invited these two ppl to be present in VIP list and speak on stage and address the sangat etc.. Guessing from their past events, i too wish not to see them @ nagar kirtan as i don't want see fights/negativity on this very auspicious day. However, if they come then there should be no-one to disallow them to participate just like another regular nagar kirtan participant.

Do the teenager google search and start reading the headlines. We come up with the patterned and obviously constructed "controversy" headlines for this one nagar kirtan year after year. Look at the links below and you will find stories on this one nagar kirtan make it across the Canadian nation and the globe blown way out of proportion. Some one at the "malign the sikhs" campaign office is getting very lazy. They need new creative talent. Come up with something fresh. Sure it's a mean thing to make up stories, but I guess you weed out the week, making the remaining Sikhs a lean mean laughing at you machine.

2010-many references

Google it

2009-many references-here is one

http://www.vancouversun.com/Entertainment/Gallery+2009+Vaisakhi+parade/1488685/story.html

2008-many references-here is one

http://www.canada.com/vancouversun/news/story.html?id=fbcbf0b7-9157-4743-845a-340be07650a4

2007-many references-here is one

http://www.cbc.ca/news/background/sikh-politics-canada/index.html

I saw coverage on the news of the Nagarkirtan and the cameraman zoomed on Shaheed Bhai Talwinder Singh Babbars Photo and the reporter made a comment bout bhai sahib being linked to the air india bombing,,

The Media jsut wants attention, who would watch it if it was showing a beautiful peaceful parade, they just like the stir sum conttroversy nai tha roti neyhee hajam hundee

BC reporters are known to be notorious for linking Sikhs to Terrorism from what iv heard and they love bringing it up on nagarkirtans

Ok found the link where inderjit singh bains recording was taken out and full 7 min explaining whats happening with this issue: http://www.cbc.ca/ca...njh-hayer.html# and listen to audio clip on the right side.

Here are my observations:

- He obviously personally don't want these individuals to be invited as they didn't raise any voice in parliament when kamal nath was here.

- His tone seems very harsh/crude not necessarily- profane, way it was said, you can tell he is trying to make sure- these politicians heard loud and clear they are not invited.

- Now comment he made they be responsible for their own security is open to interpretations he left no further wording what he meant- obviously these politicians felt they were intimidated and threatened by his comments (natural response) and other interpretation is - what was suggested in the post- that organizers don't want to be responsible if insults were thrown at these individuals.

Since this happened, media will be extra vigilant and nit pick on things and will use guerilla photo journalism against vaishakhi and vaishakhi organizers tom. Because of this individual direct comment against politicians with vague explanation, we are again subjected to bias media.

World Canadian Sikh org should request this dude to explain his stance and issue press statement afterwards if you need to do some damage control in media because of his comments. People need to refrain from making comments on sikh events which are open to interpretation. I don't know what this inderjit singh bains acheived by creating a huge contoversy again, why even mention there name? he instigated this whole thing, this will be set as example for further request of nagar kirtan. Even surrey mayor they will re-evaluate after tom vaishakhi if vaishakhi organizers are given permit for future vaishaki parades.

May be its late now but organizers need to make sure along with posters of matyr- give explaining in bold, what they did do, what they been through- human right abuse. Excellent huge poster of martyr worth glorifying as well would be shaheed jaswant singh khalra (who gathered human right abuses reports/evidences of atrocity committed by indian police) - later killed by punjab police. I hope everything goes well tom.

Singh do you know anyone from World Canadian Sikh Organization group. If you do, contact them asap so that they can get their act straight and issue an statement asap.

For heavens sake do not consider World sikh organization a firendly sikh organization anymore.They are the ones who supported blasphemy of ragi Darshan lal to hilt

in Vancouver area.They name called akal takhat an dits jatehdars.

Similar is gthe case of this Dashmesh darbar gurdwara in surrey.

The best panthic organization in that area is new Gurudwara committee whom ousted moderates in surrey.

WSO is a defunct organization for sikhs.

Singh do you know anyone from World Canadian Sikh Organization group. If you do, contact them asap so that they can get their act straight and issue an statement asap.

For heavens sake do not consider World sikh organization a firendly sikh organization anymore.They are the ones who supported blasphemy of ragi Darshan lal to hilt

in Vancouver area.They name called akal takhat an dits jatehdars.

Similar is gthe case of this Dashmesh darbar gurdwara in surrey.

The best panthic organization in that area is new Gurudwara committee whom ousted moderates in surrey.

WSO is a defunct organization for sikhs.

sorry thats the org i meant- wso- who is running - http://worldsikh.ca/