Bloody Fights Erupts At Brampton Gurdwara

N30S1NGH

The reason is Sikhs are very quick in leaving their old ways for a new country like Canada. Most of the youth don't know very much about Sikhism other than they are Punjabis. There is a drug trade going on. The wise ones at the Sikh Lehar Centre are too busy looking at issues in India. If no Prachar is done now the Indo-Canadian community will be Christian in 20 years time.

• Replies 30
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

How do you verify the truthfulness of news? Do that first before calling names.You might have seen how wrong news were contributed by this Raveena aulakh.

Normal Joe does not care about ethnic fights also.Let us not project inferior mentality especially if we are citizens of that country.Many Joes do not know what is a sikh temple also. I will recommend you to read Soft target and you will know how such fights are engineered by vested interests.

The fact that pictures speak thousands words and the fact that eyewitness speak thousand words in above post made in this thread.

Raveena aulkh is posting whatever information is relayed to her by cops and eyewitness accounts, except her last paragraph which is sensationalize but there is nothing else wrong with the article.

If you issues with her article. I suggest you should contact obdusman of toronto star (independent body which oversees journalism) and refute her. If obdusman of toronto star finds an misconduct in her article. I am sure she will get into trouble. Please be proactive instead of harping about her writing on forums.

Now i have read soft target book many times. I am well aware there are many raw agents crept in our kaum try to sabotage our kaum image. There is no hard proof whether raw is behind this act nor there is any hard proof raw isn't behind this act. One thing for sure and this is fact, gondaies have crept in our kaum , both gondaie's which are self proclaimed ones and ones which raws made them sit in our kaum.

Lets give you benefit of doubt, lets just say raw is behind this act. I am sure raw wouldn't want our community leaders to condemn these acts and say its normal or say its work of outside force and refuse to do anything about Why? They don't want us to be proactive and want our sikh people look like outlaws mobs in front of western media. If we condemn these acts and these people, then we gain bit of credibility/honesty because of acknowledgement/accountablity in media and we can do damage control.

At any rate, regardless of nasty politics behind this, Sangat should condemn these acts and these people not because its politically correct but its righteous thing to do. I mean what happened to attributes of always do righteous action guru sahib blessed khalsa with? is it thing of a past?

Update: just drove by glidden gurdwara because gurdwara is on my way to work. I saw CBC(National) truck there. So brace yourself with national news on this fight. What a embarrassment..!!

Please read below and see how much misinformation is being spread.

Please see how much falsehood was being spread about the whol eincident in order to put sikhs in bad light.

http://www.tapoban.o...orum/read.php?1,6528

Incident at Lehar Centre Posted by: JugrajSingh (IP Logged)Date: April 08, 2010 04:05PM

Over the past few days I have seen the media and various websites misinform the public about the incident at Lehar centre and the events that led up to the confrontation.

Firstly, I'd like to say that I was personally present at the Lehar centre and as such am an eye witness to the events that took place. However, I was not involved in the actual violence but played a role keeping things as peaceful as possible. I believe their is footage of me actually pushing people apart.

The chronological order of events:

Ragi Darshan came back to Canada on March 28 2010 and spoke at the Sikh Lehar Center. None in the community were aware of this incident and no one cared because it was equivalent to a private program.

Lehar Center gave ads in Ajit and other media promoting the April 2-4 program where Ragi Darshan was to speak. They promoted Ragi Darshan and invited sangat to the program.

Due to the violence that followed Ragi's program in Delhi, London and Germany some concerned individuals contacted the police of chief.

Manjit Mangat and other organizers of the event at the Lehar center continued to openly advertise Ragi Darhan's event.

A few Singhs from the community and myself were directed to contact Inspector Jeff Bond at the 21 Division regarding any information we could provide to prevent any unfortunate situations from developing.

On April 1st we gathered as many letters from various Gurdwaras in GTA area as possible stating that Ragi was an excommunicated preacher and his programs should be cancelled because such events had been a cause of violence in Delhi, London and Germany.

In our attempts to gather letters we got delayed and were unable to keep our 4 o'clock appointment with Inspector Jeff Bond. However we did go in the evening and speak to a Staff Sergeant and passed on to him all the letters and information we had gathered. We told him that their was a chance of a volatile situation developing if Ragi spoke at the event.

The sergeant assured us he would relay the information to the proper persons.

Daljeet Singh Sekhon (President of Malton Gurughar) and other Singhs met with Manjit Mangat and did benti to him to stop the event as it could lead to violence and badnaami for the whole community. Manjit Mangat refused. I am told their were two other attempts at creating a communication channel but they were shut down.

The following day some Singhs gathered at the Glidden Road Gurdwara and planned to go and protest the event. Just as the Singhs were about to leave Daljeet Singh Sekhon got a call from someone at the Lehar Center stating that the program had been cancelled. However, the sangtan were invited to come and matha tek and do vichar. It was openly announced at this point that the intent was to go do matha tek and do vichar and try to convince organizers that Ragi Darshan should not be given any time on gurdwara stage.

The Singhs proceeded to the event and when we reached their we were surprised to see the Sangat that had come to protest. Their was also a strong police presence and they were standing on either side of the steps that lead to the gurdwara entrance.

As I proceeded to the main entrance I noticed that their was a small crowd gathering on the steps leading to the entrace of the Gurdwara. About 20 to 25 people were standing inside the Lehar center, leaning on the glass windows and looking at the protesters.

Manjit Mangat and a few others were barring the entrace and then pushing sangat back. Some singhs told me they also saw wooden staffs and metal rods being held by some inside the Lehar Center. The people inside were keeping them out of sight of the police.

A few moments later the situation escalated and Manjit Mangat rolled down the steps (about 9 steps) and was in bad condition. AT this point the police officers who had been standing near the building broke up the fight and separated the two groups.

I personally did not witness a kirpan being used. However I am told that the police has some sort of a recording of a Singh holding a kirpan.

End of events.

Points to ponder.

1) After first openly advertising the event in the media and then inviting protesters to come and do vichar, why did Manjit Mangat and others then try and prevent the sangat from going inside the gurdwara? Also, why were they pushing the sangat and trying to conceal weapons?

2) If the 'mob' had gone with the mentality of fighting and kirpans unsheathed then why did the police even allow the Sangat to scale the stairs and enter the gurdwara? The fact is that Sangat that showed up did no show up in 'mob' style. Rather it was many small pockets of individuals moving towards the gurdwara from the parking areas. It was not mob like at all. It was all the advertising that attracted the protesters not any sort of gatering created by the Singhs at Glidden gurdwara.

3) The first person to get hurt was a Singh who was punched underneath his eye while trying to enter the gurdwara. He was with the Sangat who had come to protest the event. The protesters did not initiate the violence.

I am aware of Kim Bolan and others who portray Sikhs in a negative light and present one-sided stories. But these people are not associated with Sikhi in any way. They are outsiders. We can't expect anything else from them.

What does bother me is the article by Raveena Aulakh. She interviewed Manjit Mangat and his family and wrote a scathing article condeming the protesters. Others followed suit. And yet not one person seems to quote anyone who went to protest the event. Not one. And yet they all talk about being saints first and then soldiers. Is it not the character of a saint to try and ascertain the truth, to try and understand both sides of the stories?

Why is that some Sikhs have already decided that the Singh accused of the stabbing is guilty. I was at the actual event and didn't even see a Kirpan!! Let alone someone being stabbed. I am not saying it didn't happen (police cameras could have picked something up) but for those who were not even present, for them to condemn a man for attempted murder is outrageous.

Why are we so quick to judge without having the proper facts? I was just as upset as all other Sikhs when I read the resulting articles questioning the wearing of the kirpan. As a amritdhari Sikh this worries me greatly and not just because I wear a kirpan but because my kids are going to grow up in this country and I don't want it to be an up-hill battle for them.

However, if the journalists had done their homework they would have firstly known the real name of the Sikh who is charged with the stabbing. It is not Satwant Singh (Raveena Aulakh, Toronto Star) nor is it Sukhwant Singh. It is Dhanwant Singh.

Secondly, they would have known that the Singh has bipolar disorder and a previous charge against him has already been dropped due to this condition.

I am disgusted with how mob like some in the community have become. They were quick to be the judge and jury. Yet none of them took the time to find out what happened. They ignored the truth and exploited the situation to further their own agendas.

Balraj Deol is a perfect example. He is quoted as saying, < (The Kirpan) It’s a religious symbol. It can be tiny,” not more than 2 inches long. He also points out that the kirpan — a really small one — can be worn around the neck, which would address security concerns. >

Disgusting.

Jugraj Singh

This is a wake-up call to TORONTO YOUTH, You guys seriously need to learn from BC SIKHS, Its time for a TORONTO YOUTH SLATE,,

You guys need EKTA and work TOGETHER get ur ACT together and get serious about doing Bhalla for the Sangat,,

Sum singhs may take it this way that they dont want to get involved in politics But if GURU SAHIBS GOOD HEARTED Beautiful HONEST Humble Singhs give Up Committee POSITIONS this is when the corrupt LEADERS will take over!!

Youth will definately get votes especially becuz of these recent events, but you singhs need to get serious about it, itll be a wonderful seva to work with fellow brothers towards the betterment of EVERYONE

Comon guys do 5 jakarey and get this gaddi moving, its not time to sleep anymore and just go to uni and focus on ourselves, time to focus on SARBAT DA BHULAA!!

JO BOLEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE SO NIHAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAL

Guru Granth SAHIB DEY CHARNA NU BHAVE NIHAAL HO JAVEY!!!!!! SATSIRIAKALLLLLLLLLL

AKAALL HIIIIIIIII AKAAAL

TUHIIIIIII NIRANKAAAAAAAAAAAAAARRR

Comon guys do 5 jakarey and get this gaddi moving, its not time to sleep anymore and just go to uni and focus on ourselves, time to focus on SARBAT DA BHULAA!!

JO BOLEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE SO NIHAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAL

Guru Granth SAHIB DEY CHARNA NU BHAVE NIHAAL HO JAVEY!!!!!! SATSIRIAKALLLLLLLLLL

AKAALL HIIIIIIIII AKAAAL

TUHIIIIIII NIRANKAAAAAAAAAAAAAARRR

I can now see what Sri Guru Gobind Singh Ji meant when he compares woman to Bhagauti - the force of Waheguru :) If only all our Singhnees were like this!! :D

what i find unfortunate is that just b/c a negative account of events was put into the newspapers many many sikhs started to believe it without any analysis at all. they didn't stop to think that the newspaper only interviewed one side, or that those interviewed could be lying. Or that the reporter added a great deal of masala to the opinion piece masquerading as news to promote her own career.

we need to start thinking more deeply about things. Look at the explosion of negative media attention recently, is it all unrelated, or is it all related?? could it be that sikhs are becoming more chardi kala, the word khalistan is being heard more, and b/c of that the indian govt is leaning on the canadians to do something about it? (or perhaps the word khalistan is heard only as much as it was before, but they are becoming afraid sikhs will gain more ekta and clout to do something about it? And could the canadian willingness to do something about it have something to do with the weakness of western economies, the fact that the economic recoveries are shams, and that the only truly decent economy left is india's??? for those who dismiss all this as a conspiracy theory without any thought, keep in mind that after the 1984 pogroms, canadian Prime Minister Joe Clark came back home from India and declared all Sikh groups, including mainstream civilian groups as terrorist groups just so he could get closer trade ties to India.

Also, note that I'm not saying this is necessarily what is going on. I like to be careful before drawing any conclusions, I don't like to make jumps where the evidence does not support, I'm not a conspiracy theorist. But we do need to consider the possibilities, and there is some evidence. This wouldn't be the first time the Indian govt had attacked prachar - post operation bluestar many many non militant pracharaks were jailed. Not to mention the fact that eyewitnesses have reported Raggi Darshan Singh supporters having metal rods in Gurdwaras in the UK and here in Toronto....

Ambiguous situations may offer unique opportunities to form creative ideas and new solutions, according to a Lifehack article. As Lifehack reports: "Brilliant thinkers are very comfortable with ambiguity -- they welcome it. Routine thinkers like clarity and simplicity.

There is a tendency to reduce complex issues down to simple issues with obviously clear solutions … The brilliant thinker is wary of simple nostrums. He or she knows that complex issues usually involve many causes and these may need many different and even conflicting solutions.

Routine thinkers are often dogmatic. They see a clear route forward and they want to follow it. The advantage of this is that they can make decisive and effective executives -- up to a point.

The downside is that they will likely follow the most obvious idea and not consider creative, complex or controversial choices. The exceptional thinker can see many possibilities and relishes reviewing both sides of any argument.

Albert Einstein was able to conceive his theory of relativity because he thought that time and space might not be immutable. Neils Bohr made breakthroughs in physics because he was able to think of light as both a stream of particles and as a wave … Picasso could paint classical portraits and yet conceive cubist representations of people.

Cognitive dissonance is the concept of holding two very different ideas in your mind at the same time … When you mull over the interaction of two opposing ideas in your mind, then the creative possibilities are legion."

-http://blogs.mercola.com/sites/articles/archive/2010/04/20/brilliant-thinkers-relish-ambiguity.aspx