Bleaching

If I was in India...well...then I think I could do it. But in USA, CAN, and UK...that's a whole other story"

i was bout to say this but u said it ji>>move to india then..(sorry ji)

but whats the excuse for sikhs living in India?? why they doing all thses anti-sikhi things for?

I KNOW sikhs living in India..they tell me that living in west, its easy to keep sikhi rather then india...

gals over there....they talk big time. gals are away from sikhi. those who try to be in sikhi...its hard as heck for them to be kaurs, cuz less gals knwo what real sikhi is.

and guys...lol same for guy..why u think guys over in punjab and india guys trim their dharees or cut hair(peer presure..or others are doing it so why can't we? EXCUSE or may be cuz they dont know the real sikhi)

i was like that...when i lived in india..i knew nuffin of sikh way of life!BUT I SURELY THOUGHT I KNEW EVERYTHING BOUT SIKHI, cuz ima born sikhi, how can i not know what sikhi is...now i laugh at my old thoughts. all i knew was that u are a sikh"cuz u born in sikh family..and u dont have to do anything"

what really... what does it really mean to be a sikh? we should aks our selves!

as answer for ur question bout dharee on kaurs face.u can do it ji....u can live havin dhari on ur face..the key is to be with singhs and kaurs who are on the same path as u.

why u think our Guru sahib ji stress so much to be in SADH SANGAT?

funny init that we forget these things.

now u can imagin if a gal who had a dharee on her face...but she was given so much piyyar from her frinds and a lot of respect for being her self the way GOD CREATED her...would she e

va wana bleach her hair or try to remove them..??

i dont think so.

so be in sangat that will encourage u to be proper sikh so u can get full kirpa, piyyar of Akal ji.

read my singnature thingi :D quote from Guru sahib ji

so pray ji that we all get sadh sangat, sangat of gurmukhs who will help us to be beloved of our piyyara..make us Sikh

bhul chukk muaff ji

and the "u" im using is jus a word im using. not pointing at anyone. "u" is fo ranyoen who is readin i gues?...hmm i think i better re-take my COMMUNICATION 101 class again!

hehehehhehehe

waheguru ji ka khalsa waheguru ji ki fateh jio

Sorry if i did offended anyone by my views.. :T:

There are two things..

Rules : THere is Sikh Rehat Meryada and rehatnamas from our gurus which says what sikh have to follow to be on the path of being a gursikh. Most of the time people find it difficult to follow the rehit and will excuse "Time changes etc. In this case if you following the rehit but within your mind you does not believe that this is rite thing to do, then it's no use of him/her following the rehit. For ex. if one is keeping his/her hair just to please his/her parents is different than keeping the hair at his/her own will..

Your Choice : Yeah.. If you think bleaching/cutting/waxing or whatever is right then go & do it :D but don't say or think that doing that is all okay with sikhi, cauz it's not.

I wouldn't go as far as saying that it is OK....but I can say that personally, I understand why someone would choose to go against rehit and dye their hair.

Myself, I dye the hair on my head. I have to take a med that strips all the color and life out of my hair and makes me look sickly, when I really am not. When I dye it, I FEEL better, I look better, and there is huge difference in how people treat me. They don't notice my hair, but they say I look good or lively or even more awake than I used to.

Some people may think this is weak or maya, so if u want to flame me for my honesty...I can't stop you. But that is how I truly feel. :music:

• 9 years later...

Its the inner voice that forces someone to follow rehat ,as outlined by sikh gurus specifically by our tenth guru...and tht inner voice comes as we read and understand gurbani regularly,our gurus teachings..

Once we start applying our gurus teachings in our life,,it will only purify our life and mind .....

I will suggest her to read and understand gurbani,,,and if she do that surely she will be having tht courage to face such problems...

Rehat maryada is important and rehat maryada is not all about hairs,,its more than that ,,to purify yours thoughts,mind and life and not to do sinful acts...

Having hairs only as rehat maryada and doing other sinful acts in life ,having all bad thoughts in mind is more sinful act than tht....

Its the inner voice that forces someone to follow rehat ,as outlined by sikh gurus specifically by our tenth guru...and tht inner voice comes as we read and understand gurbani regularly,our gurus teachings..

Once we start applying our gurus teachings in our life,,it will only purify our life and mind .....

I will suggest her to read and understand gurbani,,,and if she do that surely she will be having tht courage to face such problems...

Rehat maryada is important and rehat maryada is not all about hairs,,its more than that ,,to purify yours thoughts,mind and life and not to do sinful acts...

Having hairs only as rehat maryada and doing other sinful acts in life ,having all bad thoughts in mind is more sinful act than tht....

Perfect ..... :) Sikh.... Sabne sikhi nu... hair te chalu karke ,,,, hair te khatam karti ...... especiallyy... they have lot of concern with female's hair.....

I wished at the time of guru gobind singh g.. panj pyaare cho ek kudi v hundi.... tad gal wakhri honi c....