Must Watch Documentary "Cancer In Punjab"

Ground water in punjab has arsenic levels which is abover the maximum permissable limit set out by the WORLD HEALTH ORGANISATION (WHO).

In south west Punjab it is as high as 28 times over the maximum permissable limit which is quite frankly LUDACURS !!

Cancer has risen sharply with the heavy use of pesticides and insecticides in the region. This documentary prooves that the drinking water is not safe there.

Hard Proof of water in punjab causing cancer! .

Combine this with the recent results of the report on punjabs water being contaminated with uranium ( a radioactive element ) and u get an idea of how bad things really are, and are set to get worse.

watch the 3 part documentary below:

part1

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1f6dHb345es

part2

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=n2f1NkBpJs0&feature=related

part3

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TGO-pGmw1sI&feature=related

What is the Indian govt doing to sort this out? What is the punjab leaders doing to sort it out?

Step 1 is to sorting this mess out is to install RO's in cities and towns. This is a Reverse Osmosis System (RO's) which provides clean portable water. Some places already have it in punjab.

Step 2 is to ban the use of cancerous pesticides/insecticides or curb the use.

Step 3 education and awareness.

This should have been done all over punjab a long time ago, because they have known about this problem for a very long time time, especially since they even been designating sectors of punjab as "black areas" because of the water toxicity.

Fat Sukhbir Badal accounced just last month that he was going install Reverse Osmosis System (ROs) to provide clean portable water to ALL cities in Punjab. He said that focus was to start all these works after making provisions for the funds. How bout selling a few of those villages under your father's name! prakash chand badal has some 30 or 40 odd villages under his name. I bet selling few of those would raise more than enough funds!

They get fat while Punjab starves.

man these vids are sad.

it really made me think, i go around thinking to my self "im proud to be punjabi" but what i have to be proud of? sure punjab has a rich history, but today, what do i have to be proud of?...how can i contribute to making punjab a better palce?

benti: to any one with alil disposable income, please make donations to khalsa aid.

thanks

• 7 months later...

Thanks for uploading my work on this website.i made this documentary just for whistle-blowing, i hope it will aware more people on this website. as i am concern to that area till today there is only one n.g.o called 'kheti virasat mission' is working.. otherwise i could not find any body who is educating those people. awareness is must. being a punjabi i realized that we guys can criticize the Govt,leaders and other things but do not do anything so ''gallan baatan krr k gal ni ban ni ,uthna paina te kuj krna paina..kise nun puchan di lod ni k mai ki kr sakda han.. apni jimewari nu smjh k jithe jithe tuhadi lod hai uthe lagg jo..na kise de kahe ton koi lageya naa he kise de kahe ton kise ne kuj krna hai...baani kehndi ea ''aapan hathi aapna aape he kaaj sawariye'' ...i just want one thing, after watching this docu. juss think... just think once seriously.

kind regards

AmaRpreet Mann

Veer Ji, I saw your documentary. Like some other Singh's and Kaur's you are doing a great seva. I think we need to listen to the Singhs and Kaurs who have been telling us for years that the Punjab is systematically being destroyed by the indian govt. I know you say don't blame the govt but only the indian govt can police the pesticide levels, or actually put ROs in once the villagers have paid them, rather than disappear with the money. Only the govt can give back a fair percentage of the tax they take from the Punjab back to the Punjab for hospitals and clinics. Only the indian govt can stop reward or promoting the corrupt politicians and police officers in the Punjab. If the Politicians and Police raise their game they can police things in the Punjab. Only the indian govt can fine the factories that pour toxic waste into the rivers that flow into the Punjab. I have been donating.

The indian govt will only listen to the Sikhs, if we listen to the SIkhs who have the best interest of Punjab in their hearts. We have to acknowledge the Politics problem against the Punjab before we can start to address, the politics problem of the Punjab.

Believe me I really don't want to say this because you'll say I'm playing politics, but the above is only about politics, that's what's killing the people of Punjab, the Politics. Like I say I don't want to say this because you'll say I'm going off topic, but, Sant Jarnail Singh Ji Bhindrawale warned us about all of this. But we didn't listen. Did you know indra Gandhi started off the Pesticide Policy in the Punjab back in the70's. She allowed higher levels of pesticide to be used in the Punjab. This is her dream legacy coming true! If anyone doesn’t believe me then please do the research.

Anyway I'll just sit back and let you all criticise me for mentioning Sant Ji, even though he warned us repeatedly of this happening!! Go on, I am ready send in the posts to batter me!

The Sikh Federation are hot on this too.

Vaheguru bless you for bringing the above to our attention! You've done alot more than I have!

Veer Ji, I saw your documentary. Like some other Singh's and Kaur's you are doing a great seva. I think we need to listen to the Singhs and Kaurs who have been telling us for years that the Punjab is systematically being destroyed by the indian govt. I know you say don't blame the govt but only the indian govt can police the pesticide levels, or actually put ROs in once the villagers have paid them, rather than disappear with the money. Only the govt can give back a fair percentage of the tax they take from the Punjab back to the Punjab for hospitals and clinics. Only the indian govt can stop reward or promoting the corrupt politicians and police officers in the Punjab. If the Politicians and Police raise their game they can police things in the Punjab. Only the indian govt can fine the factories that pour toxic waste into the rivers that flow into the Punjab. I have been donating.

The indian govt will only listen to the Sikhs, if we listen to the SIkhs who have the best interest of Punjab in their hearts. We have to acknowledge the Politics problem against the Punjab before we can start to address, the politics problem of the Punjab.

Believe me I really don't want to say this because you'll say I'm playing politics, but the above is only about politics, that's what's killing the people of Punjab, the Politics. Like I say I don't want to say this because you'll say I'm going off topic, but, Sant Jarnail Singh Ji Bhindrawale warned us about all of this. But we didn't listen. Did you know indra Gandhi started off the Pesticide Policy in the Punjab back in the70's. She allowed higher levels of pesticide to be used in the Punjab. This is her dream legacy coming true! If anyone doesn’t believe me then please do the research.

Anyway I'll just sit back and let you all criticise me for mentioning Sant Ji, even though he warned us repeatedly of this happening!! Go on, I am ready send in the posts to batter me!

The Sikh Federation are hot on this too.

Vaheguru bless you for bringing the above to our attention! You've done alot more than I have!

[/quot

Uranium leakage case is pending in Punjab and Haryana high court it was filed by a gursikh Lawyer Brijinder Singh loomba in september 2010 and after several hearing is now fixed for 4 march . Mr loomba is also fighting a lone legal battle and now petty political people like bir devinder and ajit paper r falsely claiming credit r they party in case the answer is no. Mr Brijinder Singh is also defending cases of singhs in shingar blasts apart from oher cases I have heard none of the socalled sikh groups r supporting him, it is sorry state of affairs. Name of the uranium leakage case is BrIJINDER SINGH LOOMBA VS UNION OF INDIA case no cwp no 11509/2010

Vaheguru Ji Ka Khalsa, Vaheguru Ji Ki Fateh,

HamK13

Thank you for the post/reply. Any individuals making positive efforts should be mentioned.

The above video should be shown on Sikh Channel 840, and Sangat TV 847, and SikhTV 848.

If anybody knows any people who have any influence at any of the 3 english sikh stations please can they contact them, or at least direct them to this topic.

HMK13...i showed with the camera who is responsible.. i never say that govt is not responsible..i do understand what you want to say.. i know all these facts.. but in one documentary i could raise only one issue..

apne lok gallan baahliyan krde ne..but jad koi kamm krna hunda udon piche hat jaande ne.. so mai bolna bnd kr dita hai.. te kamm shuru krr dita hai.. mai kise nu haaqa ni maarda.. jisne naal judna hou aape jud jaawega.. te bhai saahb ji.. jidan tusi keha k mai govt nu dosh nahi dena chahunda tan tusi shaid meri gal smjh ni sake.. m attaching two links.. juss see n decide

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PTlXPUQKavw

kind regards