What Happens To A Person'S Soul When He Commits Suicide ?

I am 20 yr old , not amritdhari . Some thoughts of suicide were coming in my mind because of all problems related to my academia and career .

For some people , suicide is an easy exit from all problem .

But what happens if a person is too fed up with life and kills all problems by killing himself ? will his soul be punished ? or does he get another chance as human birth ? or does he have to go once again through 84 lakh joons ?

what gurbani says about this ?

VJKK VJKF

I wondered that question as well some time ago, not on a personal level though, I was just curious about that situation, and i think i found the answer... Yes you would be punished, reason being is because you have to remember that Vaaheguroo is the one that owns you, you don't own him, he owns you, so you have no right to end his creation, so committing suicide would be an action of ego/ahankaar. Because what you're basically saying is that, for example, having somebody's car and feeling that you can smash it up because there will be no consequences after. But obviously there will because you don't own that car, and the actual owner of it will want to teach you a lesson for doing that to their car... As their lesson will be out of anger, Vaaheguroo's lesson to you for committing suicide will be out of pyaar/love...

What you think?

VJKK VJKF

We are no body to decide when we come to this earth and nobody to decide when we go from here.

There are many ways that you can make yourself useful to the society, to y our family to yourself.

You seem to be putting question after question on different topics.

Its good to be curious and finding out answers.

But how about some action at the same time.

Volunteer at your local Gurughar for some sewa. There is tons of stuff to do at Gurughars.

examples in kitchen are

Preparing Langar, mopping the floor, cleaning/organizing the kitchen. doing dishes. Dishes never stop coming to cleaning from morning till all sangat is gone.

Cleaning/organizing the langar floor.

Volunteering to be the leader to have sangat do simran for 5 mins. before they start eating.

Serving food to the sangat, then picking up plates and picking any residue from the floor.

In Deewan hall,

doing the sewa of Chaur to Guru Sahib (if you wear washed clothes to Gurughar)

Organizing the side rooms where they put all supporting supplies they need in deewan hall.

Helping with any khalsa school activities.

doing shoes cleaning and organizing sewa.

Cleaning bathrooms sewa.

There is tons more I can write about sewa in Gurughar or in some hopital or ins ome school or in some shelter for homeless and poor etc. etc.

But lets start from Gurudwara first, where you will get to listen to Gurbani as well.

You won't be firing question after question, once you get under the spell of sewa. not that I don't want you to find these answers, but the reality is that you wont' have questions anymore. you will find answers yourself in your activity and in your own mind.

Vehla mann shaitan da ghar. Free mind is the devil's workshop.Thats the case with you right now.

So get busy, do good to yourself and to society at the same time.

thanks smile.gif

Suicide is a sin. One who ends their life loses a great opportunity to achieve union with Waheguru. All the karmas that they were destined to live through will have to be lived in the next life. Human birth is a rare opportunity and must be taken advantage of by naam abhiyaas and bani recitation to burn off good/bad karma and get closer to Waheguru. Suicide only ends the body not sufferings or happiness. The soul will get another body (if Waheguru wills) and the person will have to face the same karma as well as new bad karma of suicide. Only Shabad is the way to get freedom from karma. Every human being has sufferings of some sort in their lives and Sikhs are instructed to accept it as Hukam (Divine Reason). More naam abhiyaas in drastic situations help significantly by shortening and duration of suffering and decreasing its affects. Guru Sahib knows best.

ਤਿਲੰਗ ਮਹਲਾ ੫ ਘਰੁ ੩ ॥

ਮਿਹਰਵਾਨੁ ਸਾਹਿਬੁ ਮਿਹਰਵਾਨੁ ॥

ਸਾਹਿਬੁ ਮੇਰਾ ਮਿਹਰਵਾਨੁ ॥

ਜੀਅ ਸਗਲ ਕਉ ਦੇਇ ਦਾਨੁ ॥ ਰਹਾਉ ॥

ਤੂ ਕਾਹੇ ਡੋਲਹਿ ਪ੍ਰਾਣੀਆ ਤੁਧੁ ਰਾਖੈਗਾ ਸਿਰਜਣਹਾਰੁ ॥

ਜਿਨਿ ਪੈਦਾਇਸਿ ਤੂ ਕੀਆ ਸੋਈ ਦੇਇ ਆਧਾਰੁ ॥੧॥

ਜਿਨਿ ਉਪਾਈ ਮੇਦਨੀ ਸੋਈ ਕਰਦਾ ਸਾਰ ॥

ਘਟਿ ਘਟਿ ਮਾਲਕੁ ਦਿਲਾ ਕਾ ਸਚਾ ਪਰਵਦਗਾਰੁ ॥੨॥

ਕੁਦਰਤਿ ਕੀਮ ਨ ਜਾਣੀਐ ਵਡਾ ਵੇਪਰਵਾਹੁ ॥

ਕਰਿ ਬੰਦੇ ਤੂ ਬੰਦਗੀ ਜਿਚਰੁ ਘਟ ਮਹਿ ਸਾਹੁ ॥੩॥

ਤੂ ਸਮਰਥੁ ਅਕਥੁ ਅਗੋਚਰੁ ਜੀਉ ਪਿੰਡੁ ਤੇਰੀ ਰਾਸਿ ॥

ਰਹਮ ਤੇਰੀ ਸੁਖੁ ਪਾਇਆ ਸਦਾ ਨਾਨਕ ਕੀ ਅਰਦਾਸਿ ॥੪॥੩॥

Tilang, Fifth Mehl, Third House:

Merciful, the Lord Master is Merciful.

My Lord Master is Merciful.

He gives His gifts to all beings. ||Pause||

Why do you waver, O mortal being? The Creator Lord Himself shall protect you.

He who created you, will also give you nourishment. ||1||

The One who created the world, takes care of it.

In each and every heart and mind, the Lord is the True Cherisher. ||2||

His creative potency and His value cannot be known; He is the Great and carefree Lord.

<A name=l31148>O human being, meditate on the Lord, as long as there is breath in your body. ||3||

O God, You are all-powerful, inexpressible and imperceptible; my soul and body are Your capital.

By Your Mercy, may I find peace; this is Nanak's lasting prayer. ||4||3|| page 724

• 2 weeks later...

yes, we are no one to decide when we die, that is pre destined. (we have a destiny, but we also have choice; less than 1 % is what we have to control our future, the rest is destiny.)

if we go against this hukam, i.e. suicide, whatever thoughts drove us to kill ourselves, they will be with us and torment us for 200 years, on top of the amount of years that we were supposed to be alive for.. this is the 'sentance' passed to us when we eventually are to get jujed for commiting suicide.

heaven is not ready for us, and neither is hell. neither is chaurassi lakh joon. (because dharamraj works in unison with the hukam of god, and we are not in this hukam ; we are not allowed to get jujed because dharam raj is within hukam - it can be looked at like this.)

because there is no place that is ready for us, we have no place to go and just wander everywhere getting tormented..

search for banchee in google, though this is no totally correct, just imagine the haalat, the state that a banchee is in, and its like that.. (the way that a banchee is sentanced to recieve that punishment is not anywhere near with gurmat, but for understanding purposes, the state that it ends up in is worth knowing IF you wish to visualise it...)

the only true suicide is when you go and die in the shabad... if u wana die... shabad de vich jaake mare...

everything is in hukam, but nonetheless, die in the shabad so you will be free from all ailments, and never have to die again.

gurfateh jeeos