Dasvant

Vaaheguroojeekaakhaalsaa

Vaaheguroojeekeefatheh!!!!!

I've been taught similar to the Singhs who posted above.

Dasvandh is for the Khalsa, or for the work that the Khalsa is doing. Extra donations are optional.

I say : Do not give cash to your gurdwara leaders, instead give services or products at the gurdwara, that the sangat can use.

Try to help the people who come to the gurdwara but don't have adequate resources like the youth, young women, the disabled and the homeless.

I would suggest that you find the Khalsas doing real work in the panth and in their local community and give your dasvandh to them.

please forgive my mistakes

Vaaheguroojeekaakhaalsaa

Vaaheguroojeekeefatheh!!!!!

GuruFatehJi.

KhalsaJi,

Jaisi mann di bhaavna . . .

Just like Baba Nanak did - Sacha Sauda. That would be one of the best examples to emulate. It is the very basis of Sikh thought and philosophy which is still practiced in the form of Langar.

Dasvandh is an honour to the Guru and it brings blessings. Whatever you feel from your heart, one can use their Dasvandh in that respect. Giving to Gurudwaras is good, but it seems like our Gurudwara committees have become like masands of the day. All that charaava, and they don't even use it in parchaar and Sikh causes. They use it to beautify their Boardrooms and parking lots (!).

An ideal use of your dasvandh would be a long-term investment into the education of a needy child. Of course there are so many other ways to put your dasvandh, the beneficiaries are all around us.

Also, let us not restrict to just our Panth. It could be done to fulfil a genuine need out side our own community.

Guru Kirpa Karay.

GuruFatehJi.

L*