Navdeep Singh WON

S1ngh

Original News/Topic : http://forums.waheguroo.com/index.ppa?act=...t=ST&f=8&t=5287

=============

Waheguru Ji ka Khalsa

Waheguru Ji Ki Fateh

I am happy to read that a young Khalsa Bhai Navdeep Singh Bains has been elected to the Canadian Parliament from the Mississauga-Brampton South. He belongs to the Liberal Party.

He received 23,904 votes. The person right behind him is also a Sikh, Parvinder Sandhu who got 10,107 votes. In any case, the top spot in that constituency go to the Sikhs.

Congratulations to Bhai Navdeep Singh Bains and Canadian Sikhs for this achievement. It looks like Malhi will retain his seat. Gurmant Singh Grewal is leading hsi closest rival Sukh Dhaliwal by less than 500 votes in BC and Neena Grewal has been elected by getting 13,685 votes. She beat her closest rival Gulzar Cheema who got 11371 votes. It is quite interesting.

This is great news that the Sikhs are making their mark in the Canadian democratic process. It is extremely important to send Sikhs to legislative bodies everywhere in the world.

---

Got it from email

---

YUP!! Im happy for the singh!! He is soo well educated and he can represent sikhi well then any of those other jokers !!

I know his brother reli well, and trust that these guys really chardi kala!!

On the same side, Ruby Dhalla, also reli well educated has won. She is not a gursikh but still is well educated and im glad she won than da other guy who knows NOTHING!!

btw.. s1ngh u beat me to it posting here ... tongue.gif

WIIIIICKEEEEED 

We needed this BADLY

Daljeet veer ji, or anyone else who knows them, try to persuade them to sign up

bhull chukk maaf

Waheguroo Jee Ka Khalsa!

Waheguroo Jee Kee Fateh!!

I will tell him to visit for sure, but I think now he might be a little busy :wub: Hopefully has some time for the online sangat.

Bhul chuk muaf! ^_^

Vaheguroo jee ka khalsa vaheguroo jee kee fateh

Daasn Daas Kaur you are talking about the Conservative party. They did admit to the things you alleged. see stephenharpersaid.ca.

As far as Navdeep becoming a member of sikhsangat, I don't think it is possible. He is VERY VERY busy at the moment.

We will be having a keertan in the near future to celebrate this success. It might be this weekend. I will keep you posted. All are invited.

Thanks to those that supported and voted and volunteered.

By the way he is the FIRST amritdharee to be elected to Canadian government.

Vaheguroo jee ka khalsa Vaheguroo jee kee fateh!

Waheguroo Jee Ka Khalsa!

Waheguroo Jee Kee Fateh!!

Excellent news!

Let's hope that this inspires other Keshdhari or Amritdhari Sikhs to stand for public office in Canada and other western countries. Canada is quite advanced in this respect, here in the UK we only have leftwing Indian workers association/ Communists standing in Sikh constituencies for the labour party and for the most part they win. The MP for Ealing-Southall is a waste of time. He's a 75+ odd mona who never misses a chance to bootlick Indian government. His only claim to fame is that he hit the headlines a few weeks ago when Tony Blair's spin doctors asked him to shift his butt from his normal seat in the house of commons because the spin doctors wanted to seat a good looking woman to give Blair a positive image on TV!

Here's his pic

khabra.jpg

Daasn Daas Kaur you are talking about the Conservative party. They did admit to the things you alleged. see stephenharpersaid.ca.

Diljot Kaur Bhainjee,

I'm pretty sure she was referring to the Liberal party as well...

Team Martin Said

But it doesn't really matter now does it? The campaign is over, fear and misinformation can end now. :wub:

We both know that both the Liberals and Conservatives have nothing against brown people and women's rights. :TH:

GuruFatehJi.

KhalsaJi,

Who knows, time has come when people are going to look at a turbaned Sikh with respect, because they will be out there to show them what they can really do in leadership. May be time has come when people are saying, 'Let's give it a try to someone who is different from the rest.'

The presence of 3 GurSikhs in Canadian politics surely is testimony to the fact that the Sikhs may have been down until now but certainly not out. GurSikhi, because it is the reflection of Truth, will eventually triumph, and see through the low blows life has given it.

Guru Mehar Karaay.

GuruFatehJi.

L*