Wearing a Big kirpan

SarabLoh

LAST AND NOT LEST MEHATB SINGH THIS IS PERSONAL 4 U "TU APNE GHAR BHET KE MAKHEE MARDA PEA, OYE JAA KE JALDI AMRIT SHAK LE MERA ADAA GHANTAA WASTE KAR DITTA LOLLL LOVE U BOY "
:wub: :cool: ;):@ :@

love u too veeray hug.gif

I guess people like me can always say "I am preparing

myself to be a Sikh". No cop has the right to interfere in anyone's personal spiritual life. But yea, as SOGGS suggested, its wise to not get into trouble.

When i become a cop .. i will stop u ... I FOR SURE WILL STOP U ....

TO GIVE U A GREAT BIG HUGGG !!! :e:

• Replies 44
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

vwihgurU jI kw Kwlsw!

vwihgurU jI kI &iqh!!

dear guru pyare sadh sangat jee one of my dearest bro" ill not name him wanted to give a reply in this thread" u can say he is gupt singh,here is his reply

Personally I believe that if you are wearing all kakkars before amrit you should wear a kirpan. And secondly you should wear a large kirpan. In the Gurus times we did not wear small 3" stainless steel kirpans. Infact many carried Sri Sahib Kirpans. Bhai Randhir Singh practised the Rehat for a long time before taking Amrit. And we should aim to practise full Rehat before Amrit.

I wear a "big" kirpan, because Hazoor Sahib sent a Hukamnama in the early 1900s saying the Kirpan should be minimum one foot and Sant Ji said 9 inches minimum

I also wear knee length kachere, I wear a large kara, I wear a large kangha, and a blue keski. I will not sacrifice this Rehat and wear Westernised, tiny mini-Kakkars for anyone because this is not what the Guru wanted. If you do not think non Amritdharis should wear Kirpan before Amrit why should we wear kara, kachere, even kesh. Where did Guru Ji distinguish?

infact Guru Ji said without kesh and shastars you will not get my darshan. My Kirpan sometimes is visible, especially when I sit down, and I will not stuff it down my jeans, make holes in my trousers and have it against my kachere, just because goreh havent seen a kirpan before. I have only ever been given trouble once about my Kirpan in a remarkably similar situation to what "rsingh" mentioned.

I was told to get out of the train sta

tion because I was wearing a 9 inch kirpan. My top was unzipped so the gatra and handle was visible, because it was hot and I didnt want my gatra under my t shirt or it would get sweaty.

so I showed them it, I didnt hesitate because I was proud of my kakkar, and that it wasnt even that sharp, hardly "cockey" and then they admitted they were wrong, and became friendly. That story may well have been mine, its interesting how stories change.

So if you wear all 5 Kakkars wear them, not for show, for the Guru. If anyone has a problem with this, they should not keep Kesh or Kara before Amrit because I see no difference. Its a little ritual that has crept into Sikhi "no kirpan before amrit but kara is OK" in the same way we are not meant to wash our hairs on certain days or something.

THE END

vwihgurU jI kw Kwlsw!

vwihgurU jI kI &iqh!!

i dunno...just came in my mind..

wht abt during swimming.... those guards tell to wear tight swimming costume or underwear.....

so wht to do with kacchhera and kirpan???

Here is a thread about swimming discussed on akj.org... it may or may not answer your question but it has a few good suggestions :wub:

http://www.akj.org/forum/read.ppa?f=3&i=17876&t=17876

Waheguroo Jee Ka Khalsa!

Waheguroo Jee Kee Fateh!!

Non-Amritdharis wearing Kirpans?...thats just plain wrong. I have always argued against that..they have no right to wear a Kirpan without giving their head first...if i ever saw a mona wearing one...i would tell him to take it off right away..or else...

we can't have this sort of beadbey going on..they can easily ruin it for all of us...i think singhs/Singhnis should take a stand against this.

Waheguroo Jee Ka Khalsa!

Guest mehtab
Non-Amritdharis wearing Kirpans?...thats just plain wrong. I have always argued against that..they have no right to wear a Kirpan without giving their head first...if i ever saw a mona wearing one...i would tell him to take it off right away..or else...

we can't have this sort of beadbey going on..they can easily ruin it for all of us...i think singhs/Singhnis should take a stand against this.

Veerjee, do you have any references?

Waheguroo Jee Ka Khalsa!

Waheguroo Jee Ka Khalsa!

Waheguroo Jee Ka Khalsa!

what about non-amritdharis that are doing everything that an amritdhari sikh is but are not ready for amrit for a reason? I dont think it would be bedbi if some one is wearing a kirpan adn does everything a normal amritdhari sikh does.

Guest mehtab

vwihgurU jI kw Kwlsw!

vwihgurU jI kI &iqh!!

ok so from what I gather, as a non-Amritdhari I am not supposed to wear the panj kakaars (although I do so in order to prepare myself for Amrit in the near future), and as discussed HERE , my naam simran is fruitless till I take Amrit. Therefore please give me a list of what I cannot do, and what all do I have to miss out on till I take Amrit...

1. I cannot wear the panj kakaars (I don't think I can take them off now coz I wear them 24/7).

2. It is pointless for me to do naam simran as I am better off doing Bani and Mool Mantar as being a non-Amritdhari my simran is fruitless ( reference ) .

please "enlighten" me more on this issue.

bhull chukk maaf

vwihgurU jI kw Kwlsw!

vwihgurU jI kI &iqh!!

ps : I request references from Gurbani to back up any claims