Nihal Bbc Kirpan Debate Again!

s50

Nihal is a Sri Lankan Buddhist, I merely stated he has no annomosity towards Sikhs.

And you also said you have not listened to the discussion. So how would you know what Nihal said? And he does have animosity toward Sikhs, where he does not represent the kirpan in the correct manner, but refers to it as some dagger. He cracks jokes about the Kirpan and when a person against the kirpan so called makes a good point he reinforces the point and makes the person who is in favor of the kirpan, answer the point. But when the Singh made the point that the kirpan is a body part of the Amritdhari and the person against it makes a illogical remark, Nihal does not say anything to make the person against the kirpan answer the point. It's clear he had a double standard in the discussion and he favors those that are against the kirpan because that's where he stand on the kirpan aswell; against it. Everything you say does not match what Nihal did in the discussion.

gurdssingh why are you defending Nihal and the BBC AN so strongly do you then agree with the way the show questions Sikhi without doing any real research or background checks on guests. But as you say they should just rely on people phoning in who will be genuine to the discussion?

I don't agree with many things but at work I leave my own opinions at home and do not let them influence my decisions for my clients or I would not have a business. These presenters don't care about your feelings or responses as they are paid to cause conflict or heated discussion as that makes a good talk show ie Jerry Springer!

Kaljugi by expressing yourself here on the forum you are doing more than most who do nothing at all - you will always have the Guru's support if your heart is defending Sikhi

I am not defending them SO strongly. Beleive what you want i am preety sure they do check the credentials of guests. It's a phone in show like on anyother radio station, the public phone in with their views - if someone lies when how is it possible to stop? Guest and caller are different- one is invited the other just picks up the phone and rings in.

Please don't just focus on bits of my post, I stated in my posts - that firstly i didn't listen to the show BUT USUALLY he tries to be impartial (thats when i have listened to it). I never once defended the show in question. All i said was if you listened to the show live. Pick up the phone and re-address the balance. Instead of moaning after make the difference. I mean talking isn't hard. It's harder typing

Like I also stated the BBC is publicly funded through licence fee so if you feel the presenters are over whelmingly biased and anti SIKH, make a compliant. Google it and you will know the compliants procedure, you are supposed to get a response.

Only five pot , kettle and black.

I think the best thing to do is to keep an ear out for any future discussion programmes that feature Sikhi. If we get the same hatchet job then complaining (in a calm and coherent manner), will be the best course of action.

I just worry that being a Sikh myself, maybe I'm a bit too sensitive to the issues involved? Maybe I need to be a bit more objective? But saying that I still believe that there is definitely some kind of anti-Sikhi vibe in their discussions.

Dear Gurdssingh,

I never listen to BBC AN and never know about these programs, I only hear about them on forums after and get to listen when the show has happended. Why would a Gursikh want to listen to BBC AN when they have Bhangra, Music etc. If Singhs have informed of a show or a debate which is relation to Sikhi yes I would listen to it, again as mentioned early unforuntately I only hear of them after they have happended. In regards why am I complaining that we should have a team and why dont I myself go on there. As mentioned before I never know when these shows happen, I'm most likely at work when they do and veerjeeo certain people have better skill of explaining or doing certain seva. Would it not be better if Sikhs were organised and have a team of sevadaars who are good at public speaking to represent Sikhs with a professional manner. I certainly do so, you may not agree.

Further does it not frustrate you when you have person(s)like 'Jasminder' who claims to be a Sikh (I believe he mentioned in an earlier show that he married a Hindu) degrade and fabricate elements of truth? He seems anti-amrithdhaari, as well as the other bibi Sunita or Anita (who also claims to be a Sikh) who stated that most amrithdhaari she's met all drink and eat meat after they have been initiated, she further said to go down Southall on a friday night you will see amrithdaari drunk etc. How can we let these person get a way with such lies and degrading Gursikhs. The reason its frustrating is that when the CLAIM to be SIKH and they say this rubbish what are non-sikh listeners thinking they must be laughing that Sikhs themselves are saying beards/turbans/kirpaans are not needed. We need to challenge such persons.

Simple fact they need to be told:

If you do not believe in the initiation ceromany, that means you do not believe in Guru Gobind Singh Jee which further states you do not believe in Guru Nanak Dev Jee (as Guru Gobind Singh Jee is Guru Nanak Dev Jee) and if you do not beleiev in Guru Nanak Dev Jee then your not a Sikh.

Bhul Chuk Maaf

Nihal should ask people if they are comfortable with child sacrifices in the name of kali, people eating cow crap and drinking cow urine, self mutilation and women jumping in fires to be with their dead husbands, general human sacrifices performed to appease gods and goddesses, prostitution in temples and much more.

<br>I am not defending them SO strongly. Beleive what you want i am preety sure they do check the credentials of guests. It's a phone in show like on anyother radio station, the public phone in with their views - if someone lies when how is it possible to stop? Guest and caller are different- one is invited the other just picks up the phone and rings in.<br><br>Please don't just focus on bits of my post, I stated in my posts - that firstly i didn't listen to the show BUT <b>USUALLY he tries to be impartial </b>(thats when i have listened to it). I never once defended the show in question. All i said was if you listened to the show live. Pick up the phone and re-address the balance. Instead of moaning after make the difference. I mean talking isn't hard. It's harder typing<br><br>Like I also  stated the BBC is publicly funded through licence fee so if you feel the presenters are over whelmingly biased and anti SIKH, make a compliant. Google it and you will know the compliants procedure, you are supposed to get a response. <br><br>Only five pot , kettle and black.<br>

No usually he pretends to be impartial, a true sikh would if not intuitively, generally gather this from his language and voice. However this time he sounded like an idio-tic five year old- 'how would parents feel about their children being in the same class as a peaceful sikh child who would never use his blunt kirpan. Most children are not allowed to use knives so they would think it's unfair a sikh child is allowed to carry 'what is essentially a knife'.

Oh yes, the issue is that the kirpan should be banned because kids might get jealous that other children are allowed to carry a 'weapon' when they are not allowed to themselves. What a retard and what a weak, pathetic, ill thought out argument, your average kid does not want to carry weapons and won't get jealous of a religious item. Kids are not going to pull out their kirpan and 'say this is a knife' and if their kirpan is seen under their clothes they are immediately going to explain that it is religious, that's just a given. If my school policy is no jewellry or hats or hoods and a guy walks in with a cross on a chain, a girl walks in with a hijab and a jewish guy walks in wearing his cap I'm not going to be jealous I'm going to be understanding, being jealous of a religious item is ridiculous. Religion was in place thousands of years before schools and was the core of society, we have been taught even in school to be understanding of peoples religious beliefs.

If my school policy was for me to eat meat or drink sharab I would walk out and not think twice about it, banning a kirpan for an amritdhari is the same thing. Nihal put forward this ridiculously weak argument (I burst out laughing when I heard it thinking this guy is really desperate to put forward such a blatantly invalid and funny argument) in the absence of anything else to say. He couldn't say what we all know he was desperate to say for fear of losing his sikh listeners and causing a total outrage by sounding biased and evil, so he let his manmukh listeners say it for him (which he knew they would, hes a mor-on but not totally naieve). Slimy little Nihal pretending to play the good guy when hes the real villain.

He knew people would call in and say the kirpan is dangerous, he planted that seed by calling it 'essentially a knife' and saying a few other things. What a total knobhead for disrespecting the kirpan like that and the blessed children who bear them. That's what you get with a man with no intuition or love for god, a total manmukh

Someone who loves god would be able to distinguish good from bad so I pity Nihal and hope he finds truth one day instead of picking on little kids and selling his soul for wealth and to please the darker side of society.

He has developed an ego ever since his profile has begun to spread nationally. He see's himelf as some kind of champion of the Asian community in the UK. The sycophants who phone in and massage his ego don't help matters. Some of his (non-religious) opinions on life are also very suspect - a definite chamcha of the BBC executives, and by all accounts "under the thumb" (:lol:) when it comes to his home life. As you can tell I've been listening to his nonsense for years. But you have to really listen to these programmes - you can't shut yourself off from people's opinions just because you don't agree with them. Its the only way you'll find out what rubbish people are talking about.