Corruption At Southall Gurdwara?

dalsingh101

Dalsingh: some of the guys posting in this thread are political opponents to the current committee, so don't believe everything you read. It would be good to see real proof rather than rumours.

Yeh, I take what some people say here with a pinch of salt Matheen. I know Sohi has been around forever. What little I have heard from distant relatives (who live close by to the Gurdwara) concerning the new guy is generally positive.

Still the share size of the sums being talked of in the OP is mind blowing. I just wonder how many more Gurdwaras are getting fleeced like this in the UK?

The present core of the commitee seems to be good & positive as you say BUT its those around them who are also within the commitee that mess things up and create issues - most recent Dasam Granth issue,where certain members wanted parkaash of Dasam Granth but the commitee did not allow it as this is not in line with Akal Takht maryada,certain people within the commitee want to change SGGS Southall in to a Gurdwara of one Jatha and another wants it be of another Jatha but the seniors just want it to be a Gurdwara which is inline with Akal Takht , which the Gurdwara follows - the senior members of the commitee are better than Sohi & Malhi ,both Sohi & Malhi oppose the core commitee -

as Sher Party is now split almost 3 ways 1st Malhi Corrupt Section/Dodgy Baba Followers(NOTE Malhi is not a member of commitee

,2nd Senior Members (who have the commitee positions)- good people but kind of weak as they party is split -

the 3rd front a group which has completely split and formed another Sher Party as Malhi kept interfering and sat in commitee meetings even though he has not been elected - this is led by one Gurpreet Singh

Yes Sohi had the BIG and I mean BIG Hindu vote bank - its 50 50 both ways I believe ,Sangat won't take lightly to Sohi demanding cash off the Sabha - through court.Plus he is not even a member any more along with his cronies.The present commitee is split 3 ways and the antics of some members have also annoyed sangat ,due to this court case issue Sohi shot himself in the foot by taking the Sabha to the High Court,thus elections have been delayed for a few more months.

I think Sohi knows he will not get back in easily so hes taking cash off the Sabha as compensation for being thrown out,hes got no Shame in doing so either,this is a man who does not think about what he does.On the other hand the thief Malhi - is no different ,as of now he has no power and its due to him and the those who want powers of various Jathe in the Gurdwara that the present commitee has split 3 ways.

Time will tell what happens............. but all in all this is sickening.

why dont southall youths get together and take over in the next elections?

The last time I saw an attempt at this many years ago, Sohi's son (I think it was) punched the guy out. His pagh was rolling along the pavement and everything.

all the more we need to kick out the gora election system in our guru ghars and get back to our own system of panch amritdhari Gursikhs as managers- committee and all power-- any further expansion of seva to be nominated to a further 5 and stay within this system , it 's the only one which will work for us. It's a joke we have a gora system of elections which only divides and rules and nohting else since it's birth in our guru ghars

all the more we need to kick out the gora election system in our guru ghars and get back to our own system of panch amritdhari Gursikhs as managers-

How does this guarantee no corruption?

all the more we need to kick out the gora election system in our guru ghars and get back to our own system of panch amritdhari Gursikhs as managers- committee and all power-- any further expansion of seva to be nominated to a further 5 and stay within this system , it 's the only one which will work for us. It's a joke we have a gora system of elections which only divides and rules and nohting else since it's birth in our guru ghars

This system of 5 Gursikhs is the way to go. Sikhi is a path that is founded on principles that Guru Sahib teachinges must be implemented and not what the people think is correct. The election system corrupts Sikhi because it denies Satguru Sri Guru Granth Sahib ji Maharaj the status of Guru. The 5 Gursikhs must be the heads of the Gurdwara and then their can be a lower committee, picked by the 5 Gursikhs to run some of the duties, if needed.

Elections are effecient when there is different views on what practice,policies, laws, programs, etc to accept in a country or a state. For a Gurdwara this is not true and there is one practice which the Sikhs follow; Gurmat. This election idea only came into Sikhi, when there was different views, like the issue of sitting on the ground in Guru ka Langar or on chairs. The practice of sitting on the ground is approved by Satguru ji and the other one is not. So to have elections on this issue or any other issues is disrespect to Satguru ji and takes us away from Gurmat and into Manmat.

The Khalsa back in the day, took Hukams from Maharaj ji and they decided in favor of whatever Maharaj ji said. So we as Sikhs need to check, how much we have actually devaited from Maharaj ji's path and started following systems that don't make any sense in Gurmat.