100 Most Influential People - Religion

Guest apnaPunjab

http://www.adherents.../adh_influ.html

Guru Nanak has not been included in the top 100! Why do you think this is?

Why do you think? He was the first to come along and confront the Hindus and the Muslims about some of their nonsensical practices. Who wants to be told that the religion they've been following for thousands of years has been distorted?

http://www.adherents.../adh_influ.html

Guru Nanak has not been included in the top 100! Why do you think this is?

Because the west views Sikhi as a minority religion with little or no global political or social influence?

Plus often, their academics don't seem to think there is much that is original in the faith and usually see it as an offshoot of the bhakti movement or a mélange of Islamic and Hindu beliefs.

A friend of mine did an MPhil in Religious Philosophy and they never touched on Sikhi either.

Guest apnaPunjab

Because the west views Sikhi as a minority religion with little or no global political or social influence?

Plus often, their academics don't seem to think there is much that is original in the faith and usually see it as an offshoot of the bhakti movement or a mélange of Islamic and Hindu beliefs.

A friend of mine did an MPhil in Religious Philosophy and they never touched on Sikhi either.

Interesting....

Because the west views Sikhi as a minority religion with little or no global political or social influence?Plus often, their academics don't seem to think there is much that is original in the faith and usually see it as an offshoot of the bhakti movement or a mélange of Islamic and Hindu beliefs. A friend of mine did an MPhil in Religious Philosophy and they never touched on Sikhi either.

incorrectly of course...

Vast Majority sikhi followers lives in India (close to 90% of its 25+million population) and according to Indian Law book- Sikhs are part of Hinduism.. So.. researchers, educators tend to study parent organization rather than its branches.. To them studying Hinduism is enough to understand sikhism...

To correct such things; we strongly need to have "anand karaj act" in action in India. One of the most important clause of Anandpur Sahib Resolution of 1970's.

I've said it before and I'll say it again Khalistan is the only solution to all the problems of Sikhs raj bina na dharam chale hai dharam bina sab dalai malai hai

True, we do need our own land. But who will run it? What if the likes of Badal or others like him position themselves to take charge? Will a peaceful transition be possible? Or will we have to see a civil war to stop these charlatans taking power, and prevent them from repeating the same mistakes as they are now? You know as well as I do, the power-hungry, money-obsessed politicians and leaders we have in the Punjab will not graciously step aside for the good of Sikhi.