Sant Jarnail Singh Ji using Golden Temple

Nama Singh

VJKK VJKF

Ok, in inspiration to the topic about why the nihungs were hiding, i have another question - WHY did Sant Jarnail Singh ji Bhindrawale use Golden Temple as his hiding ground? I mean.. was he hiding? Or was he using it as a fortress? I mean if he felt tensions strain between the himself and Indira Gandhis government, shouldnt he have gone to Anandpur Sahib just to be on the safe side, where he wouldve stood more of a successful chance if neone were to attack? I mean Anandpur Sahib is more like a fortress isnt it?

• Replies 25
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

If you have ever seen pictures and videos of Sant Ji's speeches you would see that he was always in the open. He would be on the roof of Sri Akal Takhat Sahib talking to Singhs. He had a room in Guru Nanak Niwas in Darbar sahib. He was easily accessible. If the government really wanted to they could have gotten Santi Ji, but the whole plan was to kill as many Sikhs as possible in an army raid. Sant JI wasn't hiding like Osama in some cave, he was in Darbar Sahib. Don't forget Sri Akal Takhat Sahib is the highest temoral seat in Sikhi, where important decisions are made in the Panth. Sant JI had every right to be in Darbar Sahib.

And as for staying at anandpur Sahib I always thought about that as well because it was used By dasam Pitah Sri Guru Gobind Singh Ji Maharaj as a fortress. However, the thing is that Sant JI was not thinking about attacks or killing INdian soldiers. He was there to save lives, not take them. His whole purpose was to protect the panth. He was a defender and not an aggressor. If his whole motive was armed conflict with the army then maybe he would have been at Anandpur sahib.

Sat Sri Akal:

First, for clarification's sake, Sant Ji was never fortified in the Harimandir Sahib. The Sikhs and him were all around the Harimandir Sahib, but none in the Harimandir Sahib. This is important because people try to use this line of Sant Ji using the Harimandir Sahib as his personal fortress to stir emotions amongst others, which is flawed.

Next, anyone who knows that the Indian Army is coming with 75,000 infantry, including elite commando teams is not going to try to go for a win. Sant Ji made a stand, which was that Sikhs will not simply take oppression lying down, even when overwhelming odds are sent to suppress them. The objective was to wake the sleeping Panth and show them what the government that the Sikhs are living under is capable of and how much they care for Sikhs.

you KNOW your house is going to get ROBBED tomorrow. Your brothers, Sisters, youe Wife, you kids WILL be killed by those robbers - Do you say -'Koina Kal Vekhi Jao, ape bachalehn ge apne aap nu' or do u take up Weapon and protect urself liek Guru Gobind Singh ji told you to do?

If the SAME PEOPLE who are suppsoe to SAVE YOU (If ur house is being robbed, u call the cops) - if the SAME PEOPLE COME AND LOOT YOU - what do you do?

'Koina Vekhi jao' or take up the Shahster your given

In this case, his FATHERS HOUSE IS TO BE LOOTED, does he say 'ape Granthi Singh karloge protect' or do you pick up your weapon and fight till DEATH?

bhull chukk maaf

Waheguroo Jee Ka Khalsa!

Waheguroo Jee Kee Fateh!!

from what i have learnt....

a. when sant ji learned of the attack he asked the sangat on what he should do.

b. he also asked the punj pyare on what he should do.

c. both responses were the same, he was told to stay where he was.

d. he used golden temple because it was an affective place to do parchaar (seeing thousands come everyday).

vaheguru ji ka khalsa

vaheguru ji ki fateh

what a stupid question to ask??? r u a nang?? thats what SA and nangs keep going on about. Sant ji was there not to get Sri Darbar Sahib ji attacked, he was their as a defender. any ways if he went to Sri Anandpur Sahib the same ppl would say why did he go there and not to the Metha. Why question Santji who have his all to the panth, why dont u ask the nangs why did they not join the Dharm Yudh Morcha or when Sri Darbar Sahib was attacked whydid they not march with the villigers to protect Sri Darbar Sahib? or even when sikhs we getting massacred in india nov 84 where were they or when some dog throw acids on Guruji in 2001 why have they not got their fauj together and bring justice and hounour to our great panth???

lets not get sucked into why did sant ji do this that, the TRUE thing Santji did was to WAKE us up.

degh tegh fateh

panth ki jeet

never forget 84

what a stupid question to ask??? r u a nang?? thats what SA and nangs keep going on about. Sant ji was there not to get Sri Darbar Sahib ji attacked, he was their as a defender. any ways if he went to Sri Anandpur Sahib the same ppl would say why did he go there and not to the Metha. Why question Santji who have his all to the panth, why dont u ask the nangs why did they not join the Dharm Yudh Morcha or when Sri Darbar Sahib was attacked whydid they not march with the villigers to protect Sri Darbar Sahib? or even when sikhs we getting massacred in india nov 84 where were they or when some dog throw acids on Guruji in 2001 why have they not got their fauj together and bring justice and hounour to our great panth???

Veerai,

Please refrain from attacking others for asking questions. We are hear to learn, and learn from others what they think about. I myself do not know much, and i couldve probably asked the same question. There is nothing wrong with asking any type of question, it is from them we learn.

The worst thing that upsets me is when singhs attack other singhs and accusing them of being something that they may not be <_< !! For example, are you an RSS agent, are you a nang, ar

e you a gora... and so on. THis is not SIKHI and i would plead to all not to use such tense.

Sorry if i have said anything wrong veerji, but please do not disencourage veer to not ask such questions even though you say they are 'stupid' which in my view it was not.

bhul chuk maph!