Amazing Painful Revolutionary Way Of Protesting For The Cause

N30S1NGH

~ Amazing painful revolutionary way of protesting for the cause ~

Parnaam to this great soul for making an ultimate sacrifice, mahan shaheedi!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Thích Quảng Đức was protesting the persecution of Buddhists by South Vietnam's Ngô Đình Diệm administration and burned himself to death at a busy Saigon road intersection on June 11, 1963.The heart of Thích Quảng Đức remained intact and refusing to burn.
June 11, 1963, Thich Quang Duc, a Buddhist monk from Vietnam, burned himself to death at a busy intersection in downtown Saigon to bring attention to the repressive policies of the Catholic Diem regime that controlled the South Vietnamese government at the time. Buddhist monks asked the regime to lift its ban on flying the traditional Buddhist flag, to grant Buddhism the same rights as Catholicism, to stop detaining Buddhists and to give Buddhist monks and nuns the right to practice and spread their religion.

As he burned he never moved a muscle, never uttered a sound.

How is he a mahan Shaheed when he burned himself to bits. Thats called suicide and Gurmat does not agree with it. His cause could have been righteous but his way of dealing with it was wrong. Why burn yourself when you can pick up a sword.

If anything, it is for a just cause and activism. I wouldn't classify it as suicide because the whole world saw this and brought light to what was going on in Vietnam.

There is a time for the sword, even in our great history, the sword wasn't always the way to deal with zulam.

What could be debatable, or even opinion, is whether you would simply call that suicide...I would not.

omg seriously...singho next your gonna be telling me khadkus have begun to burn themselves in obtaining khalistan LOL....you want to know why bhuddism disappeared from afghanistan and india...well you have your evidence right there....bhuddists believe shastar is evil...the khalsa see shastar as their masters!!...tyrants are not swayed by self immolation...tyrants have no hearts...tyrants need to be hunted down and then decapitated....stop being flower power hippies and grow some nuts!

omg seriously...singho next your gonna be telling me khadkus have begun to burn themselves in obtaining khalistan LOL....you want to know why bhuddism disappeared from afghanistan and india...well you have your evidence right there....bhuddists believe shastar is evil...the khalsa see shastar as their masters!!...tyrants are not swayed by self immolation...tyrants have no hearts...tyrants need to be hunted down and then decapitated....stop being flower power hippies and grow some nuts!

I agree with you, but thats harsh, "flower power hippies and grow some nuts" that was uncalled for.

I don't want to start a debate with you, but I think it would be injustice to just leave it at what you said.

My views line with Sant Ji's. The monks may have not fought back to take justice after what happened (even if it was suicide), but we still shouldn't make fun of what they did. One point you you have to (or at least should) agree with is they got their message to the world, and it should be respected.

If a time ever came, you may think i'm joking, but I would rather act than speak about such things. As for the insult towards me, yeah i'm a hippie, my love for shaster totally says that.

I don't look at this with condescending eyes, I look it at with respect and a 3rd person's views. Of course it isn't gurmat or in line with my beliefs, but the monk deserves respect for his means of delivering his message.

If anything, it is for a just cause and activism. I wouldn't classify it as suicide because the whole world saw this and brought light to what was going on in Vietnam.

There is a time for the sword, even in our great history, the sword wasn't always the way to deal with zulam.

What could be debatable, or even opinion, is whether you would simply call that suicide...I would not.

The reason behind the suicide does not define what is suicide in Gurmat and in general. Suicide is suicide regardless of the reason why it was done. Suicide is simply defined as taking your own life whether that be assisted or not or using whatever means to take your own life. None of the Gurus incouraged any Sikh to commit suicide for the right cause or did they themselves commit suicide for the right cause. Infact taking your own life is a manmat practice.

I sympathize with you. He did what he thought was right to help the world around him. To burn yourself is no joke and can be seen as a courages act, in the way he did it. He sat there and took it, without moving a muscle. It woke up the world to oppression. In general this can be seen as a right action. All of this does not change the definition of suicide in Sikhi. It's still suicide and when you look at this through the eyes of Gurbani, then its completely wrong.

One example is when Sri Guru Nanak Dev ji Maharaj saw the horrible sight of people being killed at the hand of Babar. What did Guru Sahib do? He did not tell his followers to put themselves on fire or anything of the sort and neither did Guru Sahib do anything closely related to burning himself and committing suicide. So our Sikh history tells us what is wrong and right in times of harsh treatment at the hands of lunatics. Then we have Sri Guru Arjan Dev ji Maharaj, who did not burn himself or committed suicide for a righteous cause.

The reason behind the suicide does not define what is suicide in Gurmat and in general. Suicide is suicide regardless of the reason why it was done. Suicide is simply defined as taking your own life whether that be assisted or not or using whatever means to take your own life. None of the Gurus incouraged any Sikh to commit suicide for the right cause or did they themselves commit suicide for the right cause. Infact taking your own life is a manmat practice.

I sympathize with you. He did what he thought was right to help the world around him. To burn yourself is no joke and can be seen as a courages act, in the way he did it. He sat there and took it, without moving a muscle. It woke up the world to oppression. In general this can be seen as a right action. All of this does not change the definition of suicide in Sikhi. It's still suicide and when you look at this through the eyes of Gurbani, then its completely wrong.

One example is when Sri Guru Nanak Dev ji Maharaj saw the horrible sight of people being killed at the hand of Babar. What did Guru Sahib do? He did not tell his followers to put themselves on fire or anything of the sort and neither did Guru Sahib do anything closely related to burning himself and committing suicide. So our Sikh history tells us what is wrong and right in times of harsh treatment at the hands of lunatics. Then we have Sri Guru Arjan Dev ji Maharaj, who did not burn himself or committed suicide for a righteous cause.

I agree with you, i never meant to hint that i thought it was gurmat or it wasn't suicide.

I'm just respecting the courage it took to do what he believes was right.