Sikhs Starting Fires Prior To Creation Of Matches

dalsingh101

Before the advent of matches (sinkaan), do we know how nihangs/Singhs would have started fires for cooking etc. say whilst in the jungles when temporarily camping? DO we know or have we lost this knowledge?

Cool. Please expose the gupt techniques oh yoda like brethren!

How would have Singhs started a fire in the jungles to cook their dinner? I know there are various ways such as using flint stones, Using a wooden rod and bow etc. But what way was used in ye olde Punjab of yonder?

Guest SarabjeetSingh
rolleyes.gif Same way how millions of people have been creating fire for millienia before matches got invented ! Anyone else thinks this question is a wastage of memory space on sikhsangat server ?

rolleyes.gif Same way how millions of people have been creating fire for millienia before matches got invented ! Anyone else thinks this question is a wastage of memory space on sikhsangat server ?

I'm actually doing research for a prospective history/art project if you must know. Historical accuracy.

Some communities have retained their preEuropean wilderness survivalist techniques (i.e. native Indian and aboriginal). I was wondering if we had? If anyone would have, it would be nihangs but I guess the easy and cheap availability of matches might mean these skills have long since been lost by our quom?

Balait, that is a good point, a sprinkle of gunpowder would've helped a spark no end. Yes, gunpowder was available then, as they were using bandooks.

On a related note, does anyone interested in weapons know roughly when flintlock muskets became available in Panjab as opposed to the fuse/matchlock type?

• 11 years later...