Halal Food Authority

Guest ~~~~~

Saad Sangat Jeeo

I was about to eat some butterkist toffee popcorn and looked at the back (just to confirm it's consumable) and found a logo underneath which it said HFA - so I searched it on google - and found this website:

http://www.halalfoodauthority.co.uk/halal-WHC.html

I don't know about the rest of the Sangat but I don't consume anything that says 'Halal' or anything to do with it.

Humble Beantee to Sangat please be careful what you eat - as from the website above - if you go into 'About H.F.A' - scroll to the RIGHT and click on the icon 'Halal definition' (under 'Related Pages') you will see why. I don't know HOW they make popcorn (in this case) Halal but popcorn has been "approved".

Baki its such a shame that Muslims can get to the 'Slaughterhouse Act 1974' and reach such stages while our Kaum is busy filling Gurdvare with maas, shraab - sharam dee gal.... - Vaheguru bakshan...

Also if moderators could - can you put this thread into a area of this forum where majority of the Sangat can read it.

• Replies 24
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I am the same way that don't eat halal but it is becoming increasingly difficult as even the restaurants run by Sikhs in my city serve halal meat.

Don't know why Sikhs want to serve halal food to bring in the Muslim customers but don't care about loosing Sikh customers because of serving Halal meat.

Maybe because increasingly Sikhism is loosing its tenets and many Sikhs eat everything on the name of modernism.............

I think people are getting a bit confused here. As chatanga Ji said previously, just because something is authorised by the HFA, it doesn't mean its full of halal "stuff". It just means that someone who is a Muslim and adheres to halal regulations, can eat that particular item.

The only reason to be concerned is if the dish in question contains meat.

Just out of curiosity, what IS the difference between normal pop-corn and HFA-certified pop-corn? I'm confused, lol.

Thanks for replying back. Chalo if Sangat out there still eat stuff that says Halal on it - so be it but I wouldn't recommend it.

Like I said if you read their section where they define 'Halal' it clearly states (unless I'm mistaken) that they read a extract from the Quraan to make it "consumable".

Anyway whether they do anything specific to make it "consumable" or not - why would any Gursikh want to eat something where Maraaj themselves have told us not to eat Halal meat?

We have shuthee prkaar (36) types of bhojan that we can eat providing Halal don't involve themselves in it lol - I think we should refrain from eating stuff where Halal have got their business in it.

No offense - we understand Vaheguru is in all but call me a nindak but I wouldn't want to eat from a Turk..lol if everything has a label of Halal on eat i'll eat daal prshaada.

I think a lot of people have a misconception about the word "halal" . As mentioned above , halal simply means something is allowed. In Muslim countries it is like a brand, it doesn't necessarily mean it has meat in it.

My two cents... If ur gonna eat meat, then eat all meat! I don't get why people say consumig halal meat is a greater paap then normal meat.

Anyway In an ideal world, this topic wouldn't even be up because we would all be following bibek and so would be making our own food anyway :-)

Its not just about something containing meat in it - I completely avoid eating foods that have the following on it:

- Halal trademarks - or states Halal "friendy"

- Made in Pakistan - or any other Muslim country - e.g. Turkey, Israel etc

- any product that has Urdu written on it

Now you may argue that I'm "going over the top" - but hear me out - just the way in India we have speakers from Gurdwara's broadcasting Gurbani, Kirtan etc over the fields of crops, food etc - all that Gurbani, Kirtan etc has impact on the form of those crops and food. Same way in Muslim countries they have speakers coming from their Mosques - all those Quraan hymns are broadcasted over their fields of crops, food etc - and in the same way impact the form of those crops and food.

So to be honest with you guys I really don't feel comfortable eating bhojan thats been impacted by such hymns.

For muslims, all things in life are either halaal or haraam. Even vegetables ans water is halaal. If I said your tap water was halaal, would you stop drinking it?

I agree with not eating food blessed by muslims, but realistically the only thing you need to worry about is food containing meat/meat products.

You make a good point however Vaheguru is so amazing in many ways - in this case shukar'va that ANY daat Vaheguru blesses beings with is ALWAYS equal! Take a look, water, sky, wind, fire earth - all equal - no one can claim it to be their invention.

So to answer your question if bottled water for example was claiming to be Halal and was produced - no I wouldn't drink it. As for tap water Vaheguru's limitless Kirpa mine is provided by the Severn Trent Water Board and so far its not Halal - I doubt it ever will be - again to reiterate anything Vaheguru made is owned by Him - no one can claim it as their own - humans can only manage and provide these gifts (water, electricity etc) equally to society - they cannot ever own it.

Vaheguru. You made me think - it really is amazing how Vaheguru has ensured that no life being is dependent on another. Water, wind, earth, fire and the sky they are for all regardless of what faith, race, colour etc anyone is.

So to conclude, if my tap water was claiming to be Halal - yes I would stop drinking it - I would probably change my water board.

• 4 months later...