Is It Just Me?

Vaheguroo Jee Ka Khalsa Vaheguroo Jee Kee Fateh

Is it just me? Or does no-one else gives a damn about

the 2011 Census and Sikhs? :ph34r:

I've seen no texts going around, no flooding on Facebook,

no posters in our Gurughars...

Kudos to Sangat TV for showing something...

I don't understand why, why no-one is taking this seriously?

If we fill the census in WRONG, we lose out...

Less numbers means less voice heard... less benificial stuff...

Come on, lets get the texts sending, and Facebook flooding.

This is a once-in-a-10-year chance... :huh:

It costs £51 to print 5000 leaflets in Panjabi and English,

and £81 for 10,000 leaflets... Looks like no Gurdwara got

any printed... Not even one A3 poster for the Gurdwara...

power%20to%20people.GIF

Vaheguroo Jee Ka Khalsa Vaheguroo Jee Kee Fateh

wjkk wjkf, I got my form today and I have already filled it in and saved it online - it is much easier to fill it in online with the code provided.

I will be helping to fill in ALL my family and friends forms online and saving them until either the 27th of March and then submitting or they will automatically be collected in the system once the date online forms close.

I would suggest we help each other by filling in the forms online for elderly people or those who have poor English skills as it only takes a few clicks and the forms can be sent instantly.

(DO NOT CLICK SUBMIT UNTIL THE 27th MARCH 2011)

GurFateh Jio

Please Admin, put the link in your banner above. This is so important for UK Sikhs to action.

Banner is up.. I remember how hard we worked for the census project in US.. we have to fight with our own ppl who keep suggesting to use punjabi instead of sikh in the box of race/ethnicity..

Is it just me? Or does no-one else gives a damn about

the 2011 Census and Sikhs? :ph34r:

Bro don't be disheartened...i've received txt's & emails from dozens of different people up and down the country for this - some of the people i haven't been in touch for years. I too have txt everyone in my phone. The word is def getting out but we need to try harder...esp on facebook (unfortunately i'm not on facebook so can't help there) & in our Gurooghars! i think we all have to take ownership to ensure our local Gurdwara's are onboard.

Bro, keep up the good work!

Banner is up.. I remember how hard we worked for the census project in US.. we have to fight with our own ppl who keep suggesting to use punjabi instead of sikh in the box of race/ethnicity..

Bhai Sahib, thank you for putting the banner up. Are the US Census results out? If yes, how many sikhs are there in the USA according to the Census?

I've just written and sent the following text to all my contacts, thought i'd add it on so others can copy the message:

2011 Census: Please fill it in correctly.

Q16. TICK "OTHER" & WRITE "SIKH"

Q20. TICK "SIKH"

This is IMPORTANT as it affects our RIGHTS in the UK.

Please also assist any relatives, friends and neighbours to complete the form correctly.

Log onto www. thekhalsa . com for more info

Bhai Sahib, thank you for putting the banner up. Are the US Census results out? If yes, how many sikhs are there in the USA according to the Census?

No problemo.. I have no idea regarding the census result but i will ask united sikhs regarding this as they were the only one who advertised this on vast scale (newspaper/tv adverts)...

My guess is that we will never be able to know because most of our apne probably ignored filling out census (too lazy).. and those who did fill out.. majority of them probably ticked next to "East Indian" instead of write in "Sikh" as race...

also lifted the censor on web address.. now you guys can use/type/post direct thekhalsa.com..