Vikaar

Guest gupt

We are all sinners, we are all full of vices and darkness-

If we were not we would be sitting in Sachkandh as the True Brahmgyanis(living) are. We do not judge, we never point the finger at others because we know we are worse. We have Sat in Gurbani but ignore it with every breath we all turn our back on the guru and spit in his face constantly but not following his will and his teachings each and every moment.

This is the worst sin as we cannot even plead ignorance to our misdeeds- the Sat has been given.

To the poster, we all sin every single second, ask god for forgiveness from the heart and he will forgive you, he loves you. What you do after that is up to you, just live gurbani as much as you can.

I was surprised that's all. Especially from two Amritdharis. Whilst I appreciate people aren't perfect, I'd expect folk who have taken Amrit to be further along the "road" than others. Possibly my choice of words to express my alarm was a bit blunt, but I've never heard of such shenangians from baptised people. I obviously need to get out more.

I've never heard of such shenangians from baptised people. I obviously need to get out more.

A bit off topic, but I think the problem is that the Sikh community has focused very strongly on telling people how important it is chakk amrit but not nearly enough emphasis has been given to make people aware of the jeevan and character that has to be built for such a feat. Hence you get very many amritdhari's who are not (dare i say this) 'fit' to be one. I certainly fit in this category.

A bit off topic, but I think the problem is that the Sikh community has focused very strongly on telling people how important it is chakk amrit but not nearly enough emphasis has been given to make people aware of the jeevan and character that has to be built for such a feat. Hence you get very many amritdhari's who are not (dare i say this) 'fit' to be one. I certainly fit in this category.

I reckon I must be naive because, like I said, I'm flabbergasted after reading the original post. I always thought taking Amrit was the last piece of the jigsaw, if you know what I mean. It's that last step after everything else has been conquered. I'm not judging and I certainly hope I'm not coming across as holier-than-thou. Just a bit sad that's all. Anyway, I'm sure people will learn with experience.

I always thought taking Amrit was the last piece of the jigsaw, if you know what I mean.

No, taking amrit is opening the jigsaw box and taking out the peices. you still gotta put them together. The last peice is Brahm-Gian or Turya Avastha.

A rehatnama says " param rehat khande ki pahul shakke, meaning the first rehat of a sikh is to take Khande ki pahul."

No, taking amrit is opening the jigsaw box and taking out the peices. you still gotta put them together. The last peice is Brahm-Gian or Turya Avastha.

A rehatnama says " param rehat khande ki pahul shakke, meaning the first rehat of a sikh is to take Khande ki pahul."

The last piece of the jigsaw BEFORE the heavy, spiritual stuff which if we're being honest, a small percentage of your everyday Amrtidhari Sikhs reach that level.

Before you take Amrit, you've got to grow your hair and your beard, rise for Amritvela, recite your daily paath and gurbani, sort out your diet (according to the rehat you believe in), keep kakaar, etc. That's what I was referring to as 'the last piece of the jigsaw'. Unless people just wake up one day and say "I'll take Amrit" without preparing for the lifelong committment beforehand.

Unless people just wake up one day and say "I'll take Amrit"....

with some people it comes to them in a flash. or a certain event in their life makes them think this way.

experiences can turn peoples lives completely upside down. in seconds everything becomes clearer.

You should not be filling the girls mind with an undeserved sense of entitlement or making her feel like the victim. Both have indulged in serious Kaam and are both to blame. If a Singh and Singhni have a premarital relationship, they need to get married.

If a Singhni is stupid enough to get into a relationship with a Singh and send him dirty pictures, she does not "deserve better".

The two of them need to get married and build a Jeevan - it is this behavior of youth having lots of different boyfriends and girlfriends before "settling down" with one person that is disgusting and has no place in Gurmat.

I am depressed bhenji sab ahapne ahaap ho gaya.....puri mann toha amrit chaka c ki kuch galat ni karna par eda hi halat ho gayi ki dasa...............amrit break ho gaya?????????????

You should not be filling the girls mind with an undeserved sense of entitlement or making her feel like the victim. Both have indulged in serious Kaam and are both to blame. If a Singh and Singhni have a premarital relationship, they need to get married.

If a Singhni is stupid enough to get into a relationship with a Singh and send him dirty pictures, she does not "deserve better".

The two of them need to get married and build a Jeevan - it is this behavior of youth having lots of different boyfriends and girlfriends before "settling down" with one person that is disgusting and has no place in Gurmat.

Why do they NEED to get married?

Why do they NEED to get married?

Its the right thing to do. If Singh Ji felt it was right to mislead Singhni and ask her to send dodgy pics of herself, then he should marry her. If Singh was only doing it for a laugh, then he should be ashamed of himself. I'm not saying Singhni is blameless (she could've told him to go take a running jump) but Singh should've known better.