Worrying Beadbi Of Tables In The Gurdwara

Guest sikkeee

Obviously all able bodied sangat should sit on the floor in pangat and partake in guru ji's langar.

But the question i have is as well we all know on weekdays majority of gurdwareh in UK are frequented by our elders. Many of them have trouble walking let alone sitting on floor to partake in langar, and also some who are disabled (wheelchair), surely it is okay for the Gurughar to have a few tables / chairs for them to partake in langar like that? I personally think it is fine but whats the consensus amongst the cyber sangat?

i dont see a group of charddiii kalla singhs doing the protesting on these gurdwaraas, the haukam is there, so wheres the protest kirtan date, come on singhs u did so much on party halls shurely thise is more important.

also gurdwara in southampton has tables in it,,,

I made that statement based on experience and observation, however I'm not an expert in this field of science, hence a scientific study would be interesting.

Sorry I must of missed the part in the Guru Granth

sahib where it stated I had to sit on the floor to eat.

And you wonder why you dont get invited to the annual Sikh Sangat picnic.

Do you think Guru Ji would rather have all of you, his "Sikhs" argue over some furnishings (probably for the elderly who don't have the same mobility as young people), or do you think instead of arguing over tables and chairs he would rather you expend that energy out on the streets, feeding the poor and helping those in need which is the point of langar in the first place? So sad the priorities of our kaum.

Sri Akal Takht Sahib says the sangat sits on floors. THE SANGAT SITS ON FLOOR. End off.

All this BS about bad backs, modern times, etc. Do not undermine Sri Akal Takht Sahib.

Careful now, if you keep saying this you might end up with a bad back yourself to see first hand what the BS is really all about :) sometimes karma has a rather strong way of keeping us in check.

Sri Akal Takht Sahib says the sangat sits on floors. THE SANGAT SITS ON FLOOR. End off.

All this BS about bad backs, modern times, etc. Do not undermine Sri Akal Takht Sahib.

There are a number of hukumnamas from the Akal Takhat that a lot of people don't agree with. (I posted one earlier but my reply got deleted the admins). We should agree with all the hukumnamas that the Akal Takhat issue and not cherry pick the ones we agree with.

There are a number of hukumnamas from the Akal Takhat that a lot of people don't agree with. (I posted one earlier but my reply got deleted the admins). We should agree with all the hukumnamas that the Akal Takhat issue and not cherry pick the ones we agree with.

Do you shake hands with a faithful Muslim with your left hand? Do you walk into a Mandir and sit equal to a stone idol that Hindus worship You have no respect for religion. You have no respect for authority. If you would step out of your little world and think with an open mind then you would be able to understand the meaning of authority and religion. You have no clue what our Gurus taught us. Spend less time in your head and more time understanding respect.