Will It Work??

23 members have voted

1. 1. Will It Work??

• Yes, It could
    • No, Not a good idea
    • Unsure

vaaheguru ji ka khalsa vaaheguru ji ki fateh

I was so sure that someone would bring up this topic, sooner or later. And this time I didn't have to wait long to see humans doing jugdement of Punj Pyare. Is this our state? Sadly YES!

When we take Amrit, our Punj tell us that from now on we belong to the Khalsa brotherhood. The word Khalsa itself means pure. Taking amrit is the START to achieve salvation for Sikhs.

vaaheguru ji ka khalsa vaaheguru ji ki fateh

• Replies 40
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest SikhForLife

well it had no intention of bashing panj payarey..

all i was sayin was.. who r we to say that food perpared by amrit tharis is better or has more sikhi in it than non-amrit tharis

Its not a matter of food being prepared by amritdharis or non-amritdharis, its a matter of PURITY!!!!!!!

So lets leave the amritdhari/non-amritdhari aspect out of this!!!!!!!!! Remember our Guru sahibs didn't put any restrictions on who to prepare the food, but there's somewhere you have to draw the line between the two, you can't compare an amritdhari sikh to a non-amritdhari sikh.

WHy did Guru ji make kitchen, to prepare food, if food was to be prepared at home, Guru sahib would've told us, but the maryada is to cook the food in the gurdwara and to be served in the Gurdwara.

Also if you take food from the Gurdwara its a paap, I don't know if this just developed from the culture side, or if its the truth? :T:

^_^

Veer Amardeep

i just said that what ever you like to do.....make it clear that it is accepted by the whole Panth...so that in the future....we would not be fighting over this too! so it would be better if your Gurdwara contacted Akal Takht admins and ask if it is within the laws passed by the Panth that you are allowed to do as you like.....

if not, then let us just encourage sikh girls to start coming to Gurdwara kitchen and do washing utensils seva...which is okey for non-Amritdhari....i hope kids know of Langar...and i hope they do not refuse to wash the plates and so on....that is not a big deal is it?

any way, Good luck with the campaign to indulge kids in community matters....

Deep...

Remember our Guru sahibs didn't put any restrictions on who to prepare the food
haha.. I quoted a panktee in my previous post totally contradicts your thinking Bhai Sahib. So think again.

If someone has read Panth Parkash or Suraj Parkash they would have came across the sakhi of Bhai Deyaala Ji or Bhai Dayaal Daas Ji (different persons). Guru Gobind Singh Ji sahib clearly refused to eat food made by Bhai Dayaal Daas Ji because he wasn't amritthari. There is a reason why Taksalis/Nihungs/AKJers follow bebeaik in their daily life.

Here's something else which you missed:

Even in the Langar premises of Sri Harimandir Sahib (Golden Temple) at Amritsar, a notice painted in bold letters in Punjabi, hangs prominently near the kitchen stating that the "SEWA OF THE PREPARATION OF LANGAR BE DONE BY THE AMRITDHARI SIKHS - MEN AND WOMEN. NON-AMRITDHARIS MAY DO THE SEWA OF CLEANING OF UTENSILS, KITCHEN, HALL, ETC."

And I don't think there's anything wrong in taking Guru Ji's seer Parshaad to home. But we should first make sure that the Sangat who is present at the Gurdwara Sahib gets to eat it first.

vaahegu

ru ji ka khalsa vaaheguru ji ki fateh

WaahegurooJeeKaaKhalsaaWaahegurooJeeKeeFatheh!!!!

Pyario,

If the reasoning behind this is that kids will become more interested in sikhi..I think its pointless.

If you want to make your kids interested in sikhi, take them to gurdwara, tell them sakhi's etc etc..teach them what seva is and show them by taking them to gurdwara sahib and the various types of sevaavaahn that can be done.

Its a very lenient way of thinking to say anyone can prepare food and take it to gurdwara sahib and put it together...GURU KAA LANGAR should be made by GURU KAY SIKH's/KHALSAY..if someone has not taken Amrit and is not following the path laid out every so carefully by Guru Sahib...then how can that person prepare GURU KAA LANGAR? Its too easy to say that 'does that mean non-sikhs cant do seva????' This does not mean this at all pyario! There are countless sevaavaahn that can be done and need to be done everyday...do one of those! Just because you can't do langar seva doesnt mean you cant do seva period!!!!

Johriaan dee seva, cleaning seva, bartanaan dee seva...remember seva is tunoh munoh dhunoh...soo many different forms of seva khalsa ji! So please do consider what I have mentioned..

Guru Kaa Langar is special in that in the hazaaree of Sahib Sri Guru Granth Sahib jee Maharaj...those that have given their heads to Akaal Purakh and abide by His teachings..prepare the meal with utmost suchum and while reciting Gurbanee from the heart..so that Banee can reach sangataahn through langar..

Just as Karah Prashad is prepared in a special way so is Guru Kaa Langar..Anything distributed to sangataahn needs

to be done so carefully.

Beant Galtiaa maaf karniaan jee,

paaras kaur

Waheguroo Jee Ka Khalsa!

Waheguroo Jee Kee Fateh!!

I am happy to see my chardeekalaa walee gursikh bhenji posting here!! Bhenji, Please guide moorakhs like me.. Please continue posting on this forum...

WaahegurooJeeKaaKhalsaaWaahegurooJeeKeeFatheh!!!!!

hahah! Bhajee I think you have mistaken me for another paaras kaur! This paaras kaur is a low-life moorakh in need of guidance! Bhajee, please do ardaas for me so I may fit the description you have given one day!!!

Guru Sahib Kirpa Karan:)