The wierdest question u ever got as a sikh

Guest vikramkhalsa
QUOTE (ukbibi @ Sep 1 2004, 12:51 PM)

A punjabi girl once asked my Amritdhaaree male cousin:

"R U a Sikh?"

A punjabi girl asked this questin confused_smile.gif

A Punjabi Sikh girl in my university who grew up in Bombay didn't know what is Gatka. I had to tell her that its a Sikh martial art.

that just reminded me of something...someone came from singapore to teach gatka at our gurudwara and this punjabi boy comes up to me and sez "do u know when we are going to have gatra practice?" i started laughing and told him its gatka, and gatra was what i was wearing that held my siri sahib.... LOL.gif

• Replies 246
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

this guy comes to my house to fix the water tank and after a while he points to a pic. of Guru Nanak Dev Ji and asks me is that ur dad??

and i say "NOO!! that is our 1st God!!" and inside iam cracking up. LOL.gif

ohmy.gif

1st god??

that implies that there are more... a better reply would have been our first GURU... and then explain what that is..

• 2 years later...

haha...these are all soo hilarious...i had a few myself

1- i was at an elementary school volunteering once and these two kids walking toward me...one girl and one guy...stop and stare me in the eye...the girl then asks the guy...'is that a guy or girl?'...hahaha....first of all it was soo loud i could hear her asking....so i was like u might as well have asked me hahha second....just by looking at the cloths i was wearing or my face...u couldn't tell if i was a girl or guy? wow

2- i was wearing a white dastar once...and i was walking when i met a goree...she stops me and asks if i was okay...she thought i had a head injury and was wearing a bandage... ohmy.gif:shock:

3- then one time i was at the airport...walking through the buzzer things to get in...and the guy was checking me....and all of a sudden i realize he was jsut buzzing hte thing over my dastar...he did that for a while...and im like im not gonna smuggle anything in there buddy so just chill...man alive...hahha!!!!

people do come up with the weirdest things and they aren't even ashamed to ask or say hahha thats the funnier part!!!

bhul chuk maaf

waheguru ji ka khalsa waheguru ji kee fateh

you know what I found, once i started getting into sikhi, and being proud of wearing my damalla and kakkars and being truly proud of being a sikh and having that inner peace and happiness that guru sahib gives you, people left me alone. they stopped annoying me, stopped making fun of me, stopped disrespecting me.

its amazing

:umm:

Waheguroo jee ka Khalsa!

Waheguroo jee kee Fateh!

haha, funniest thing that happened was when i was going shopping and a little girl with her mom was standing around, with the little girl complaining how she wants this and that..

as i walked by, i heard the little girl say "whoa mom! he's a genie!"

haha :umm:

Waheguroo jee ka Khalsa!

Waheguroo jee kee Fateh!

My dad had recently took amrit and in a conversation between my cousin and my pua's father in-law (typical panjaabi old guy) my cousin told him about my dad taking amrit. The reply was "kyon? koi problem si?" LOL yeah, people only take amrit if they have a problem in their life!