The wierdest question u ever got as a sikh

• Replies 246
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

this one gora knew quite a bit about sikhi at work, but one day he asked me if i was wearing a orange round turban (wore to work for first time) rather than my blue round one, because i had become a sikh terrorist and was preparing to go to war?! i said yes naturally!

Talking of kids, theres one little (12 yrs) girl who always comes to our gurmat camps but shes terified of weapons! Was showing the kids some shastar once and when i walked near her she started backing off, i didnt know why so i walked towards her and she screamed ran down 3 flights of stairs down the corridor and out the front of the gurdwara and down the street!!!! she was crying for ages!!!! all the other kids loved weapons except her!?

Strange and off-topic but hey!

this one gora knew quite a bit about sikhi at work, but one day he asked me if i was wearing a orange round turban (wore to work for first time) rather than my blue round one, because i had become a sikh terrorist and was preparing to go to war?! i said yes naturally!

Talking of kids, theres one little (12 yrs) girl who always comes to our gurmat camps but shes terified of weapons! Was showing the kids some shastar once and when i walked near her she started backing off, i didnt know why so i walked towards her and she screamed ran down 3 flights of stairs down the corridor and out the front of the gurdwara and down the street!!!! she was crying for ages!!!! all the other kids loved weapons except her!?

Strange and off-topic but hey!

Believe it or not.... this is why some children are not following sikhi, cuz we give them something advance and they are not ready to admit and adapt to that.

I once overheard a fellow Sikh remark to another (who had only lately begun to keep his turban back and and grow his beard - he was clean shaven for about 2 years), "Tennu ki hogya?? (What's happened to you??)". It's as if he had commited a crime or something by going back to Sikhi.

It is really a tragedy to note how our own Sikhs make fun of their own. When wierd questions or remarks come from non-Sikhs, it can be understood, but when they come from grown up Sikhs, it really shocks you. They don't even realise that they are insulting their own Guru.

But I also noticed how this Sikh replied and the answer has remained as the one of the best anyone as ignorant as the one who asked could get. In reply, he said, "Kirpa (Guru Di) hogayi." I think that answer left those poking fun at this newly awakened Sikh a good shake-up.

I believe that the Guru protects the honour of those Sikhs who themselves preserve the honour of their Guru. This is what the ignorant Sikhs lack - love for their Guru. It is no wonder that they have no love and repect for Sikhi and cannot appreciate an iota of the Sikhi in others.

May the Guru's Kirpa shine upon all.

It is really a tragedy to note how our own Sikhs make fun of their own. When wierd questions or remarks come from non-Sikhs, it can be understood, but when they come from grown up Sikhs, it really shocks you. They don't even realise that they are insulting their own Guru.

GuruFatehJi.

I've kind of become immune to insulting remarks from our own Sikhs. I agree fully that when anyone confronts a Sikh of the Guru, the Guru manifests the answer Himself in defence of His Sikh. This has happened to me on every occasion where I have been given some of the most silliest remarks on my Sikh appearance.

I recently met up by chance with a childhood friend of mine, who was a keshdhari when we were in primary school together, and seeing me with a flowing beard, he reamarked, 'Oye, tu Gyani bangya!!' I had no idea what to answer him but my Guru took over and put him to peace when I suddenly replied, 'Nai, mein Sikh bangya!' The answer had its profoundest impact because he could not utter another word. Nevertheless, we met in an emrace, afterall, I met my childhood friend after an odd 15 years!

Once at work, my Creative Director, who's a gora saw my 'Khalsameter' (slaai) tucked into my tshirt and ignorantly reamarked, 'Hey mate, why are you wearing that 'weapon'? You Sikhs are just violent people,

carrying weapons around!' I calmly replied, 'No, it is not a weapon. But the knife in your kitchen certainly could be one. The penknife in your pocket could a be a weapon, too. Your tougue probably is the deadliest weapon of all, for there is nothing else can injure more, than this simple Sikh article of mine.' It just shut him up.

Many people still make fun of me by referring me to Osama Bin Laden. 'Hey, you look like Bin Laden!', they say. 'No, I don't', I reply to them, 'he looks like me. There's a difference.' Then they hardly ever argue from there, somehow the answer just squashes all their further remarks.

As for my fellow Sikhs who continue to make fun of the Sikh appearance, I have just one answer for them: 'Whatever it is you're telling me, tell it to my Guru as well. You have his portrait in your home, too. Next time, stand before his portrait, and say the same things to my Guru as well, because there is no difference between my Guru and his Sikh.' They can challenge me, but they can never challenge my Guru.

The Guru is great. He's has, and always will, protect the honour of his Sikhs - just like JagdeepKaur said. True, so true.

GuruFatehJi.

L*

Guest mehtab

Waheguroo Jee Ka Khalsa!

Waheguroo Jee Kee Fateh!!

I have seen a lot from a fellow Punjabi what JagdeepKaur jee and Lakhvir Singh jee have mentioned. Shutting such people up is always the best way.

keep up the spirits

Waheguroo Jee Ka Khalsa!

Waheguroo Jee Kee Fateh!!

the weirdest question i ever got was in high school..

In the middle of no-where, a town of 6000 pure rednecks.. we were the only singh family in the town and u can add another 90 miles raidus from that town tongue.gif .. So here's the weird part.. One girl asked me "Can you be my prom date? " ohmy.gif

the very first thing i did after that.. " i told my mom when i got back home :wub: "

now don't jump on conclusions <_>