Church Next To Harmindar Sahib

Bundha

However there was sri chand (uddasi) worship place inside the *outer* complex of sri darbar sahib with one corner (main entrance) opening from darbar sahib's parkarma.. That entry was sealed before we were born and jal/shabeel (water drinking) system was placed on that spot. That worship place is is still there but situated outside of darbar sahib main complex but accessible from outside, just like when you visit books shop include Punjab and sindh bank (though not situated in prime spot, often new visitor won't see that at all). You will find that place if you walk down from jorha ghar towards saraan (hostel).

I think I saw it last year, and it was open. This Udasi place was a small room in the way from the 'parking lot' to the main entrance of Harmandar Sahib. Is it that one?

It was Amritsar DC's order to abandon the project of building the church in the place of ghanta ghar. It was also his idea to build or promote Christianity in punjab.. However, he suddenly abandon church structure (which was almost finished) and ordered to be demolished. DC later on told that someone in turban visited him in his dream and advised/told him that what they are doing is not right. When he explained more about the person who visited him in his dream, all characters pointed to Guru Gobind Singh ji and he later mentioned that it looks one of the sikh gurus.

Here's the close-up picture:

the above is correct. Sikh noblemen had approached DC not to erect Church so close to Harmandir sahib. DC started having frightening dreams

iN ONE DREAM HE SAW SHAHEED SINGHS SURROUN DING HIM WITH spears pointed at him. in one of his dreams he was advised to dismantle the church.

He did that immediately.

This is written in Giani Tarlok singh's book on Harmandir sahib.

I think I saw it last year, and it was open. This Udasi place was a small room in the way from the 'parking lot' to the main entrance of Harmandar Sahib. Is it that one?

That place is itehasak taap asthaan of baba sri chand then baba gurditta jee and many other mahapurshs and as old as sri harimander sahib.

Like many other historic places in darbar sahibs parikarma like baba buda jees asthan, baba deep singh jee asthan, guru ram dass jis asthan, 68 teerats etc ...

This asthan was in the corner baba sri Chand jee use to come every day sit there facing harimander sahib and meditate ...

there was entrance to darbar sahib from that point as well later a room was made and was locked. Now they server water to sangat in this corner.

This pushing back of baba sri chand jis asthan was started in 1940s and ended in 1970s so that people may not question the sudden disappearance of the place.

Like many other historic places in darbar sahibs parikarma like baba buda jees asthan, baba deep singh jee asthan, guru ram dass jis asthan, 68 teerats etc ...

This asthan was in the corner baba sri Chand jee use to come every day sit there facing harimander sahib and meditate ...

there was entrance to darbar sahib from that point as well later a room was made and was locked. Now they server water to sangat in this corner.

This pushing back of baba sri chand jis asthan was started in 1940s and ended in 1970s so that people may not question the sudden disappearance of the place.

Thank you for the information. Is this documented anywhere, are there any books etc I could read for more details?

Parkarma been there since guru sahib jee made dabar sahib. The original parkarma was very small and there were houses (2 to 3 stories) around parkarma sahib (those houses are long gone and now u see that place as inner walking corridor with open rooms). Those houses belong to various misls, jathedars and sardars of amritsar, gurdaspur during 17/18th century. I have one picture which shows a view of such houses. Also, few steps away from sri akal takht sahib there were many housing complex which are no more (at the back side, now you will see akhand paath rooms). One part of parkarma housing still remains that is the line of ghanta ghar entrance where current singh sahib jathedar of akal takht sahib, head granthi and other granthis of darbar sahib resides.

Is this documented anywhere, are there any books etc I could read for more details?

I am sure that it probably documented in one of the history books. But old residents of amritsar who kept in touch with sikhi and love history knows about such changes :)