Alarming Rise In Sikh Boys Marrying Hindu Girls

clarity

Guest Jacfsing2

Why are sikh boys marrying hindu girls and not sikh girls? There is no shortage of sikhs girls as far as I am aware of. What is wrong with sikh boys, don't they realize that this is the reason why many sikh girls end up with muslims? If you look around you will notice not many hindus or gujeraatti boys married to sikh girls. This goes to show they are reluctant to commit to other than their own.

The answer to this is environment and the folk around us. Also second, many people(fake Sikhs) believe that Hindus and Sikhs are special Bhai-Bhai.

This needs to be taught when they are children. I have also heard many sikh girls make fun of sikh boys that are sabat surat. How can they do such a think if they come from sikh family background? You would think, the parents would have taken the time to educate them about sabat surat concept? Once anyone marries anymore outside of their faith the chances of teaching their children about parental faith becomes that much more difficult. When their children wanna marry to to someone who is neither from the mother's faith or the father's faith how are they going to stop them? Their children will turn around and say that they married into different faiths themselves so who are they to object to them getting married to someone from a third different faith altogether? This is the reason a sikh was meant to marry a sikh so this religion could progress and multiply with future generations. A sikh mother is more likely to teach sikh dharam to her children if she knows why Guru ji wanted a skih to marry a sikh. Sikhism does not believe in converting others. If every sikh did what Guru ji intended for them to do we would not be having so many problems. It is only normal and natural that anyone coming from sikh background wishing and hoping to marry a sikh, so why do we not see this happening normally and naturally?

Sunder ji, in reply to your questions:

"When their children wanna marry to to someone who is neither from the mother's faith or the father's faith how are they going to stop them? "

I think it's unlikely they will stop them, as they have done it themselves.

" It is only normal and natural that anyone coming from sikh background wishing and hoping to marry a sikh, so why do we not see this happening normally and naturally?"

Yes parents wish and hope for it, but the children that don't, they do not wish or hope for it. The freedom factor would contribute to this and not having enough respect for their faith.

This needs to be taught when they are children. I have also heard many sikh girls make fun of sikh boys that are sabat surat. How can they do such a think if they come from sikh family background? You would think, the parents would have taken the time to educate them about sabat surat concept? Once anyone marries anymore outside of their faith the chances of teaching their children about parental faith becomes that much more difficult. When their children wanna marry to to someone who is neither from the mother's faith or the father's faith how are they going to stop them? Their children will turn around and say that they married into different faiths themselves so who are they to object to them getting married to someone from a third different faith altogether? This is the reason a sikh was meant to marry a sikh so this religion could progress and multiply with future generations. A sikh mother is more likely to teach sikh dharam to her children if she knows why Guru ji wanted a skih to marry a sikh. Sikhism does not believe in converting others. If every sikh did what Guru ji intended for them to do we would not be having so many problems. It is only normal and natural that anyone coming from sikh background wishing and hoping to marry a sikh, so why do we not see this happening normally and naturally?

because probably their parents are 'modern' and 'assimilated ' which translates to unpard in SIkhi and hinduised to the max . I mean my eldest was beaten up and bullied by apnay at Guru Gobind SIngh Khalsa College because of his kesh and Patka !!!

Now my boys are of an age where they are noting girls around them , they have confided in me and said ' Mum all the sikh girls I know are really nasty bitchy people... where am I going to find someone nice ?' they see maturity and understanding of their gurroop from gori english and eastern european colleagues who can see beyond . Of course they have had the talk about not actioning anything if the person is not in the same direction of sikhi , so I feel torn because I have told them honestly that I don't care about colour and background as long as the girls are gursikh . So all this money chasing and ignoring roles of teacher as a parent you create the monster that is the modern desi girl, nasty, selfcentred, unintelligent temporally and spiritually, rude , atheist and there you have it someone you would not wish on anyone

This is the reason a sikh was meant to marry a sikh so this religion could progress and multiply with future generations. A sikh mother is more likely to teach sikh dharam to her children if she knows why Guru ji wanted a skih to marry a sikh.

Yeh, but outside cultures play a big part in people's thinking these days especially those raised in the diaspora. Then we have the VERY common problem of Sikh children growing up with unbelievably hypocritical parents - who outwardly practice Sikhi but become rigidly 'Panjabi' (in the worse sense) when it comes to inter-caste marriages and stuff like that. Parental hypocrisy isn't lost on the children and often make them ill disposed to their heritage.

In today's climate I think being able to positively integrate the children of mixed-race, mixed-faith couples within the wider community will play a key component of our future survival. I know loads of half-Sikh, half xxx kids now, and this number is only set to increase. We should have things in place to deal with it. Bring them home so to speak. I know this will be majorly problematic with half sullay kids though.

Sikhism does not believe in converting others. If every sikh did what Guru ji intended for them to do we would not be having so many problems. It is only normal and natural that anyone coming from sikh background wishing and hoping to marry a sikh, so why do we not see this happening normally and naturally?

I don't believe the highlighted bit is true at all. Historically, our Gurus went all over the place to preach Sikhi. We've had all sorts of parcharaks historically, from the manji system, masands, Udasis etc. I think this idea of Sikhs not converting only emerged post-annexation for some reason, and even then the Singh Sabha lehar weren't averse to conversions themselves.

Guest Jacfsing2

I assume another reason somewhat lost "sikhs" may marry Hindus or whatnot could be because they have some serious infatuation problem where they think it's love, (if it is love, you'd want them to get Gurprassad and became Sikh). Just a note, only Guru Sahib could assist them in breaking the idea of infatuation, what we can tell them to do is don't be letting their feelings get in the way of GurSikhi, (or building GurSikhi).

please bro i had this argument with a nasty Hindu teacher at GGSKCollege , she tried suggesting that my son was halfsikh and half other ....I slapped her idea down straight away , you either are Sikh or Not there is no halfway...besides we came to talk about his education not your mental prejudices

It's cool, I wasn't being clear. In the examples I was giving in my previous post I was actually talking specifically about kids whose one parent was essentially a non-practicing person from a Panjabi-Sikh background. I have some in my family. They have had kids with other people, and I see THOSE kids (who aren't raised as Sikhs per se) as 'half-Sikh' because I still feel they can be brought in, despite their parents apathy to their heritage. It's a sort of way to keep the door open. I know technically it isn't accurate and sort of plays with the notion of Sikhs being a race (which I know isn't true), but it still leaves a bridge for them to come home, which is really important in my eyes. I hope you get this?

Someone who is brought up as Sikh or wholeheartedly adopts it, regardless of racial background is Sikh.