8.45Pm 6 June 2011

SIKH CHANNEL ARE THE BEST!!

THEY'VE DONE IT AGAIN!!! Sikh Channel have supported the panth. Due to the Sikh Channel's persistent publicising of the matter, Sikhs do not have to take their Turbans off at Italian Airports anymore!

Sikh Channel Sky 840 played a trailer in which they announced that Sikhs would no

longer have to remove their Turbans at Italy's Airports. This was a great announcement!!!

In the trailer Sikh Channel flashed 17 images across the television screen to represent what the Sikh Turban means to the Sikhs. The images included our 10 Gurus, Baba Deep Singh Ji, Baba Banda Singh Bahadur Ji, some Shaheeds from the 1984 era, a couple of Sikh Maharajas, an English Sikh Solider with the Queen of England. A Great Montage put together by the Sikh Channel to remind us of exactly what the Turban means to us Sikhs!!!

This is the exact order in which the Sikh Channel flashed images across the television screen for its viewers, was:

Sri Guru Ram Das Ji

Jassa Singh Ramgarhia

Sri Guru Nanak Dev Ji

Sri Guru Harkrishan Ji

Baba Banda Singh Bhahadur Ji

Baba Deep Singh Ji

A picture of a Shaheed from the 1984 era

Siri Guru Hargobind Ji

2 Shaheeds from the 1984 era (who, I am ashamed to say, I don't know the names of)

Sri Guru Tegh Bahadur Ji

Sri Guru Arjan Dev Ji

Sir Guru Amar Das Ji

A Sikh Solder with the Queen of England

Guru Angad Dev Ji

Sri Guru Gobind Singh Ji Maharaaj

Sri Guru Har Rai Ji

Maharaja Ranjeet Singh

Thank you Sikh Channel,

Let's all continue to support the Sikh Channel with our Mind, Body, and wealth!!!

This is ridiculous. Obviously someone has a lot of time to pause and count images :->

Do you really Sikh Channel are secret agents working with the Indian Government to "plant" microsecond images into adverts?

Putting into context the whole advert (which I thought was pretty good) I don't think this was meant as you have taken it. The order of the images in the advert are irrelevant for this purpose. It is simply trying to put across a message which I think it did pretty well. The pictures are all about "dastar" not order. Rather than put this on a forum I think maybe you should ask them to remove the microsecond image and I;'m sure they'll be happy to do so. Overall I think the advert puts across the message quite well.

Actually I have a better option - why don't you go down to Sikh Channel and help vet their adverts - now there's a bit of sewa for you.

You've got too much time on your hands, making a song and dance about some mere picture order! - People are dying the world over, [syria, Sudan, Israel, Yemen etc etc] and you're talking about pictures!

:allears:

Report it to Ofcom....

This is ridiculous. Obviously someone has a lot of time to pause and count images :->

Do you really Sikh Channel are secret agents working with the Indian Government to "plant" microsecond images into adverts?

Putting into context the whole advert (which I thought was pretty good) I don't think this was meant as you have taken it. The order of the images in the advert are irrelevant for this purpose. It is simply trying to put across a message which I think it did pretty well. The pictures are all about "dastar" not order. Rather than put this on a forum I think maybe you should ask them to remove the microsecond image and I;'m sure they'll be happy to do so. Overall I think the advert puts across the message quite well.

Actually I have a better option - why don't you go down to Sikh Channel and help vet their adverts - now there's a bit of sewa for you.

I just might do that sewa you mention (although there are millions of Sikhs who could do it better than me!) I have given you a green tick/point for your positive comment!!

i bet you no one at SC even knows who niddar is - they just get the images from the net and make the video

You're probably right! But what a person to put up there with the Gurus. (green tick/point for you too !!)

You've got too much time on your hands, making a song and dance about some mere picture order! - People are dying the world over, [syria, Sudan, Israel, Yemen etc etc] and you're talking about pictures!

:allears:

Report it to Ofcom....

That image being in there hit me!!

You're right I should be thinking more about people who have been killed all around the world. Like the .25 million Sikhs that have been killed by the government of india since its independence in 1947! i will take your comments on board for future. Thanks (green tick/point for you too !!)

It's sad that after so many years, we have three good Sikh channels who all did great work highlighting the events of June 1984 and yet some people look for minor mistakes in order to get on their high horse and make allegations of deals between GOI and Sikh channel. The OP would have made a more constructive contribution by either emailing or phoning the Sikh Channel and highlighting their mistake and getting in rectified. All the three channels have made great contributions and we now have a media which we should be promoting and not nitpicking and then wasting time posting these mistakes on forums.

It's sad that after so many years, we have three good Sikh channels who all did great work highlighting the events of June 1984 and yet some people look for minor mistakes in order to get on their high horse and make allegations of deals between GOI and Sikh channel. The OP would have made a more constructive contribution by either emailing or phoning the Sikh Channel and highlighting their mistake and getting in rectified. All the three channels have made great contributions and we now have a media which we should be promoting and not nitpicking and then wasting time posting these mistakes on forums.

Proactive, I totally accept your point. (Sikh Channel have moved the image anyway!).

I totally agree, the Sikh Channel have do so much for the Panth which I could not have done in a million life times (I hope the Sikh Sangat on here can forgive me?).

I just jumped too quickly. To make up for my mistake above I will be promoting the Sikh Channel as much as I can in Future.

I will especially be promoting them on this Forum (I hope I don't get slated for promoting them!).

I hope I can count on your support when I do support the Sikh Channel on here!!

As a start I am going to change my original post above!

Vaheguru Ji Ka Khalsa, Vaheguru Ji Ki Fateh!!