Guruji to be abused AGAIN!!!!!

Mkhalsa

Guruji to be abused AGAIN!

Action required to STOP Guruji being taken to Hotel

The committee of the Gurdwara in Northampton, UK have agreed that Sri Guru Granth ji's saroop can be taken to the Moathouse Hotel for a wedding on Sunday 22 August.

http://www.moathousehotels.com/html/frames...otel&HotelId=52

The hotel has at least two active bars within the premises in which the hall is situated.

Is this how low we have sunk? 400 years since Guru Arjan Dev ji had the Aadh Granth Sahib compiled, we allow Guru ji's saroop to be taken to places where actions take place which are completely against the words of Guru ji?

Guru Amar Daas ji has said "Drinking alcohol, his intelligence departs, and madness enters his mind... Do not drink the false alcohol at all, if it is in your power." (Limb 554 of SGGSJ).

And Guru ji says "Kabeer, those mortals who consume marijuana [drugs and tobacco], fish [meat] and wine [alcohol] - no matter what pilgrimages, fasts and rituals they follow, they will all go to HELL. ||233||" (Limb 1377 of SGGSJ).

Why should we care? Because Guru Nanak Dev ji has said "The fire of evil-mindedness is bu

rning up the world. THEY ALONE are SAVED, who contemplate the Word of the Guru's Sabad. ||2||" (Limb 225 of SGGSJ).

And how are we treating Guru ji's Sabad?

The President of Gurdwara Committee is Amarjit Atwal. He confirmed todaythat:

1. The wedding would take place;

2. They know that a Hukamnaama of Akaal Takhat Sahib has banned this; and

3. That they are doing this due to force of circumstances i.e. the Gurdwara Sahib is too small.

The Secretary is Jagtar Cheema and Santokh Uppal is the Treasurer.

The Gurdwara's phone number is 01604-634641.

The family were contacted over two months ago and alternatives suggested (at the time, invitations had not been sent out). The alternatives offered was a very large marquee (not perfect but far better than a hotel with bars) or nearby Gurdwara Sahibs which are far larger i.e. Bedford.

We owe a duty to Guru ji to take a stand against this - otherwise where will it end? Sri Guru Granth Sahib ji being taken to massage parlours, pubs, lap dance bars?

PHONE the Gurdwara and ask to speak the President or other committee members

A delegation of concerned Sikh naujawaan and elders are going to meet the committee this weekend - keep up the pressure!

• Replies 82
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

We must all get together and stop this.

We did it once with the Islam Rally and we can do it again.

All the UK sangat needs to get together and fight this problem its 400 years this year to Sri Guru Granth sahib and do you think we should let some MoNEY minded Fools to Take Guru Jee to a place like this. We must be united to fight these people.

They are Destorying sikhi these people should be kicked out of the Gurdware. Its not like we have one small Gurdwara in the UK, we have so many Gurdware with enough space to hold weddings, these people just want to fill they pockets with cash.

They are Selling GURU JEE, if you call your Self a Sikh you will have to fight this.

To the sanget that are not from the UK, we need your help as well, please call that number and please tell these people what they are doing is wrong.

I am so hurt that this is going on after 400 years to Guru jee. After all the singhs lost they lifes to protect Guru jee these FOOLS take Guru jee to a BAR.

We need to take a Jatha to stop this wedding taking part, we need to be strong and protect Guru jee and be true GurSikh.

BE UNITED AND STAND UP TO THESE MONEY MAKING FOOLS.

Waheguroo Jee Ka Khalsa!

Waheguroo Jee Kee Fateh!!

This year sees the 400th Prakash of Sri Guru Granth Sahib. Sikhs are focusing on how to celebrate.

Charan Singh has highlighted the only way to "celebrate" this occassion - STOP BEADBI OF GURU MAHARAJ!

After committing such a paap how can this Gurdwara commitee and Mr Amarjit Atwal plan to celebrate this landmark day for Sikhi!

When did Northampton become its own seat of Sikh Sovereignty, greater that Sri Akal Takht?

I mean where will the shoes go? The hotel will not allow then to stay in the lobby (health & safety)

Will the monay sangat bring rumallas to cover their heads?

Will the hotel staff take their shoes off and cover their heads?

Will the "party animals" who wish to get drunk refrain from drinking and then coming to sit in sangat stinking of booze?

THIS IS A FARCE and we must stop it now. This beadbi has been allowed to happen by committee members such as those in Northampton Gurdwara for far too long.

Bhai Charan Singh I will contact the Gurdwara now and come back with their reply.

Charan Singh, Thanks for posting this. I sort of knew about this last month.

It's time to start pressurising committees to change their bad habits. I am going to call them up and will get back to you.

Sangatji, get involved. We can collectively impact. We all must call the committee, even write to them. Charan Singh, please post address of Gurdwara Sahib.

Waheguroo Jee Ka Khalsa!

Just spoke to the Gurdwara Sahib. The person who picked the phone up ask why I was ringing and once he found out he put the phone down!

They know they are in the wrong and are selling GuruJi to boost up their own egos.

Maybe the Naujawan & Elders going on the weekend should take some books like "Sikhi for beginners" or "Sikhi for children under 10 years old" because these people dont have a clue of what they should be promoting.

Bhai Charan Singh is there any info you can provide? Other phone numbers, Gurdwara address.

Is there anyone from the cybersangat from Northampton?

Keep up the pressure, we all say our Guru is Guru Granth Sahib. Now its time to prove it!

waheguru ji ka khalsa, waheguru ji ki fatehhh

u know sangat ji..what i was thinking..we are hearing soo many things like happening in our community..i was thinking..these so called community..u know like leaders or president of gurughar..this that..shouldn't be there..we should protest against these kind of things..i mean why would someone have president or secretory of gurughar..high/supreme court judge is sitting in the main hall "guru ji"..why we need aam banda ... man there should be no elections in the gurughar..it should run by youth..who are offcourse..no one is president..all sevadaars..what u think sangatooo...

bhul chuk maafi jeeoo

waheguru ji ka khalsa, waheguru ji ki fatehhh

man there should be no elections in the gurughar..it should run by youth..who are offcourse..no one is president..all sevadaars..what u think sangatooo...

That would be the ideal scenario...We can aim to get there..In the mean time we need to change what's happening now. Khalsaji, make sure you call the Gurdwara.

Can we get the pardaans direct number or mobile number?? I want to ring him directly.

Thanks

Guest mehtab

Waheguroo Jee Ka Khalsa!

Something just flashed through my mind!

The 400th prakash diwas of SGGS is close and we are having to fight repeated battles to uphold the sanctity and regard of SGGS (London, Sacramento, now this one). It makes one wonder if this is Gurujee testing His Sikhs as to how many and who are willing to go ahead and stand up. The more Sikhs who go for it, the more happy Gurujee will be, the greater and faster chances of Sikhs to get their own raaj.

Now if thats remotely true, we all gotta do as much as we can!

Just my paranoid thoughts

Waheguroo Jee Ka Khalsa!

Try ringing in the evening, I don't think the Gurdwara has much activity during the day. I spoke to someone earlier who put the phone down on me, but someone has spoken to the Pardaan directly. I will try to get his mobile number on the forum.

In the meantime, just keep adding the pressure by ringing the Gurdwara.

The Gurdwara's phone number is

01604-634641.