SHould i or not ??

Waheguroo Jee Ka Khalsa!

Waheguroo Jee Kee Fateh!!

Jio, in my family, i have many relatives and friends of hindu backgrounds as many of you may have also. So as family tradition goes, you do a program (at a gurdwara or else) they come, and if they do a program we go.

Now i simply have another thinking, and dont find my place in a their surroundings of bhajans, arties, idol worships, and other ceremonies. OF course i know its not a place for a sikh. I always have a argument wit my parents and they say 'tera farz banda to go' ... im always like wacko.gif ...is it rite for me to argue over this. SHould i go or not ?? I really do not want to go, but anyone want to help me out, maybe somethings i can say to my parents, if your all thinkings are same as mine.

bhul chuk maph jio! :wub:

I would definately go.. I won't mind at all.. I know im sikh by root and i know that i WILL only bow to guru granth sahib jee and only follow the teachings of our guru sahibs jee.. But IN MY view there is nothing wrong in attending other religious events.

Going to other religious places just for curiosity or to support someone or to bring harmony in our society, I don't there's a bit wrong in it.. (i would say if it's like once in a year thingy.. then no big deal in it)..

well if your bowing to idols, moorties etc and you have no pyaar or attachment to such things it is just a show..just imagine if someone came to Gurdwara and they bowed to Guru Granth Sahib without any pyaar for Guru Sahib in their heart, it just becomes a ritual. Sikhs are against blind ritual so therfore i wouldn't go. I have always held the belief that a Sikh respects all faiths but does not practice all faiths. If Sikhs were to go to mandirs and mosques well then I guess Badal doing Havan with a tilak on his head is no big deal, cause that is what he did and everyone raised all hell saying he is RSS, now if we all start doing havan and stuff then what is the difference between us and the likes of Badal?

Respect other people's beliefs, but stand firm in your own beliefs.

My two cents. Peace.

in my words, go.

why?

sikhi respects all faiths as they all lead to god at the end of the day, many paths lead to one ultimatly. just like the motorways of the uk go the heart of england, london, they all go to the same place.

every shrine is a door to god, whatever it may look like on the outside.

go, but dont do full matha theek, pay respects (pranaam), remember a sikhs head is given to SGGS only!

fateh

in my words, go.

why?

sikhi respects all faiths as they all lead to god at the end of the day, many paths lead to one ultimatly. just like the motorways of the uk go the heart of england, london, they all go to the same place.

every shrine is a door to god, whatever it may look like on the outside.

go, but dont do full matha theek, pay respects (pranaam), remember a sikhs head is given to SGGS only!

fateh

no parnam - no putting(not even 'chuking' down the head down you're head.

as for the Motorway thing - Sikhi aint nto Gobind Sadan - whatever you do remember you head is at DHAN SIRI GURU GRANTH SHAIB JI's Charan, adn that you will not 'chukna' to any morti or Idol, cause you are th eSingh of Guru Gobind Singh ji, and a part of tha khalsa!

Give you brothers a good name

bhull chukk maaf

Waheguroo Jee Ka Khalsa!

by pranaam i mean clasping two hands together. not proper ful matha theek.

i agree a servant cannot serve two masters. but are you saying theres only one way to reach god? if there is, whats with all the religions?

i didnt say to do aarti. whats wrong in observing? the gurus did alot of observing, and in the same way a gursikh can decide for himself whats right and whats wrong, a true gursikh will use the teachings of maharaj when he/she is in such places. maharaj will guide dasan das. and maharaj said to respect other faiths. but it doesnt mean actually doing full matha theek now does it?

bhol chukke muaff

by pranaam i mean clasping two hands together. not proper ful matha theek.

i agree a servant cannot serve two masters. but are you saying theres only one way to reach god? if there is, whats with all the religions?

i didnt say to do aarti. whats wrong in observing? the gurus did alot of observing, and in the same way a gursikh can decide for himself whats right and whats wrong, a true gursikh will use the teachings of maharaj when he/she is in such places. maharaj will guide dasan das. and maharaj said to respect other faiths. but it doesnt mean actually doing full matha theek now does it?

bhol chukke muaff

no i don't say theres only one way, I'm saying don't DISRESPECT - but thres no idea in being false and calspign together ur hands or even 'chukna' the SLIGHTEST BIT - when u don't mean it.

I stand clear - do not DISRESPET- but DO NOT RESPECT Something Guru Nanak Dev ji Denied

bhull chukk maaf

Waheguroo Jee Ka Khalsa!