My landlord is total sham

Guest Stupid Sikh

Guest Stupid Sikh

I am a stupid sikh . I call myself stupid because i am trying to be nice .

How do i deal with an amritdhari seventy five year old <banned word filter activated> who has 2 sons 12 years elder to and has 3 grandsons .

This guy is my bloody landlord and he is trying to cheat me and a few others .

This guy has been lying to us about electricity bills and has totally lost his credibility .He has now made me sign an agreement . I signed out of simple trust.

Whom do guys like me believe , now that even amritdharies have started this conning business . This has broken my trust in guru's bani . This <banned word filter activated> goes to the gurudwara everyday .

When amritdharies start doing this , what can be expected of the rest of the diseased lot .

I dont believe in the bana and the bani cos , the world is no longer a fair playing ground for those are trying to be good and believe in fairness .

This religious fanaticism is just

Mod Note: To answer your question about your post not appearing when you post. All posts under GUPT section requires approval. Topic title edited - it was bit offensive.

Sorry for the trouble you are going thru and it is very unfair to you and your family. Your landlord has no business ethics far away from khalsa code of conduct. However, you cannot judge sikh dharam or khalsa just by one or few examples you experienced yourself. This is kalyug and our guru sahib jee warned us that this world is full of dhokhay baaj (scams). If you have one gora serial killer in your town that doesn't mean all goray around you are killers. So, there are bad apples everywhere and sadly you experienced one. We shouldn't be weak when God gives us dukh. Keep in mind waheguru jee gives us sukh too.. Don't rely on others but try to find more about your dharam by start doing research on your own.

Gurfateh ji

Being Amritdhari alone is not the be all end all...being amritdhari is about living the life and rehat set out by Guru Gobind Singh ji

Fact is we shouldnt even be looking up to people for inspiration and nor should you let it put u off! Your Guru is the only perfect one, and you should look upto vaheguru only!

So long as you do the right thing....dont let others' bad actions put u off or turn u away...Sikhi is beautiful...read baani and it will give you contentment and you will realise that peoples actions in kalyug arent for us to be influenced buy, but an inspiration to fight for the truth and the right cause!

Fateh ji

Guest Stupid Sikh

Many people read bani but they dont apply it

Its depressing to see such people .

I live alone on his property . There are other individuals too : college students and working guys . As far as i am concerned , I have really had a hard time haggling with this guy and seeing through his ulterior motives and i no longer want to waste my time since it affects my studies .

What appalls me is that this amritdharies dont consider others . They are only concerned about themselves and they have no qualmas against reaping profits at someones expense

Guest Stupid Sikh

This guy has a common electricity which runs at the speed of light . He tells me that this meter only corresponds only to the electricity that i consume . He tells others that "their meters are seperate but my meter is combined with their house meter . I have observed that he is trying to make me pay for his electricity consumption as well . He has this bad habit of forgetting his commitments and not keeping his word . Isnt it natural of me to suspect his motives . If i express my concerns , i turn out to be the bad guy and I am being made to feel guilty of being lousy and a suspecting character . Is it really my fault ?

Guest Stupid Sikh

Thanks for the Kind words , Sadh Sangat Jee . I have now started believing that goodness no longer thrives among people . Its as if the only entity that i can trust is the Guru , bt i cant see him so literally speaking good people are in deep <banned word filter activated> , floating about on a tiny raft in the big ocean in the face of the sharks and the whales

Waheguru ji ka khalsa

Waheguru ji ki fateh

Firstly,

ਰਹਤ ਅਵਰ ਕਛੁ ਅਵਰ ਕਮਾਵਤ ॥ ਮਨਿ ਨਹੀ ਪ੍ਰੀਤਿ ਮੁਖਹੁ ਗੰਢ ਲਾਵਤ ॥ ਜਾਨਨਹਾਰ ਪ੍ਰਭੂ ਪਰਬੀਨ ॥ ਬਾਹਰਿ ਭੇਖ ਨ ਕਾਹੂ ਭੀਨ ॥ ਅਵਰ ਉਪਦੇਸੈ ਆਪਿ ਨ ਕਰੈ ॥ ਆਵਤ ਜਾਵਤ ਜਨਮੈ ਮਰੈ ॥(SGGS jeeo - Ang 269)

He says one thing, and does something else. There is no love in his heart, and yet with his mouth he talks tall. The Omniscient Lord God is the Knower of all. He is not impressed by outward display. One who does not practice what he preaches to others, shall come and go in reincarnation, through birth and death.

ਧਰਮ ਦੇ ਬਾਹਰਲੇ ਧਾਰੇ ਹੋਏ ਚਿੰਨ੍ਹ ਹੋਰ ਹਨ ਤੇ ਅਮਲੀ ਜ਼ਿੰਦਗੀ ਕੁਝ ਹੋਰ ਹੈ; ਮਨ ਵਿਚ (ਤਾਂ) ਪ੍ਰਭੂ ਨਾਲ ਪਿਆਰ ਨਹੀਂ, ਮੂੰਹ ਦੀਆਂ ਗੱਲਾਂ ਨਾਲ ਘਰ ਪੂਰਾ ਕਰਦਾ ਹੈ। (ਪਰ ਦਿਲ ਦੀਆਂ) ਜਾਣਨ ਵਾਲਾ ਪ੍ਰਭੂ ਸਿਆਣਾ ਹੈ, (ਉਹ ਕਦੇ) ਕਿਸੇ ਦੇ ਬਾਹਰਲੇ ਭੇਖ ਨਾਲ ਪ੍ਰਸੰਨ ਨਹੀਂ ਹੋਇਆ। (ਜੋ ਮਨੁੱਖ) ਹੋਰਨਾਂ ਨੂੰ ਮੱਤਾਂ ਦੇਂਦਾ ਹੈ (ਪਰ) ਆਪ ਨਹੀਂ ਕਮਾਉਂਦਾ, ਉਹ ਸਦਾ ਜਨਮ ਮਰਨ ਦੇ ਗੇੜ ਵਿਚ ਪਿਆ ਰਹਿੰਦਾ ਹੈ।

Secondly,

Why continue to as a tenant ?

Find your self another place as soon as possible.

It is not advisable to stay amongst dishonest people.

Take this incident as a lesson that is how people learn "through experience".

And Move on

Thirdly,

Why blame Gurbani, every person is judged by his/her actions.

Those who deceive will pay, sooner or later.

Lastly,

Try to recall the last time you lied, cheated or stole money coz

What has happened is due to your own Past Karma.

ਦਦੈ ਦੋਸੁ ਨ ਦੇਊ ਕਿਸੈ ਦੋਸੁ ਕਰੰਮਾ ਆਪਣਿਆ ॥ ਜੋ ਮੈ ਕੀਆ ਸੋ ਮੈ ਪਾਇਆ ਦੋਸੁ ਨ ਦੀਜੈ ਅਵਰ ਜਨਾ ॥੨੧॥ (SGGS jeeo - Ang 433)

Dadda: Do not blame anyone else; blame instead your own actions. Whatever I did, for that I have suffered; I do not blame anyone else. ||21||

So please cool down.

Waheguru ji ka khalsa

Waheguru ji ki fateh

Your situation is not unique. I know a few people who get ripped off by the landlords. I am a landlord myself and everything I do is above board but you do get others who want to squeeze every last penny out of their tenants. There are also tenants who treat the landlord's house like a pigsty.

Your best bet would be to start looking for another place to live. Avoid a place where the landlord lives in the property and live where all the rooms have tenants and then you pay only a share of the electricity and gas. If he is a crook he is unlikely to change so the less sangat of his you keep the better!

I am a stupid sikh . I call myself stupid because i am trying to be nice .

How do i deal with an amritdhari seventy five year old <banned word filter activated> who has 2 sons 12 years elder to and has 3 grandsons .

This guy is my bloody landlord and he is trying to cheat me and a few others .

This guy has been lying to us about electricity bills and has totally lost his credibility .He has now made me sign an agreement . I signed out of simple trust.

Whom do guys like me believe , now that even amritdharies have started this conning business . This has broken my trust in guru's bani . This <banned word filter activated> goes to the gurudwara everyday .

When amritdharies start doing this , what can be expected of the rest of the diseased lot .

I dont believe in the bana and the bani cos , the world is no longer a fair playing ground for those are trying to be good and believe in fairness .

This religious fanaticism is just

Mod Note: To answer your question about your post not appearing when you post. All posts under GUPT section requires approval. Topic title edited - it was bit offensive.

Most Amritdharis I know have this uncalled and absolutely irrational superiority complex , and people think its good !

Most Amritdharis think of themselves as the "chosen people" .... pathetic ! but again I don't treat them any different than normal people ! cursorstab.gif