Asian/Black Sikhs

Akaali

• Replies 42
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

WJKK WJKF...... I thought i'd comment on what you said "Khalsa"..you said in your post:

"yoga won't get them anywhere, exept discover the body's mysteries, my views on it."

I understand that its ur views on it but i'd like to share some of my knowledge about it:

hmm..well i've been doing Kundalini Yoga for about 3 months now and your right you do learn about your body but one also learns about gurbani and about reaching the form of high consciouness. Yes we reach it by doing naam,simran, seva etc. but there are ways one can achieve spirtual strength through yoga too. I actually have found that i've learned more things going to my yoga class..than going to the gurd. i've learnt a lottt about god from my yoga teacher. Cause like i said..kundalini yoga is a form of mediation and excersise. One should try it out for themseleves....before passin judgement no?..anyways if anyone that lives in Ontario would like to try a kundalini yoga class, you can contact me and i'll give u the info B)

- WJKK WJKF :wub: !!!!!

if i've offended anyone i dint mean to ^_^ or if i didnt make any sense to anyone whatsoever then im sry about that too lol ohmy.gif !!!!

Your right, no one can teach you more than the guru ji. But yoga teachers or whoever it may be that has a good clear understanding of what the gurus say in the guru granth shaib Ji, can help to explain it better and easier for some people to understand. Sometimes i dont understand the meanings of gurbani so i ask my yoga teacher and he'll explain it clearly which is good no? that doesnt mean im putting him before guru ji. And when they do yoga they do it with gurbani mixed..its hard to explain. Guru ji is tottaly right , its pointless to go there if they forget to praise god. Thank god i'm attending a place where they dont forget to talk about waheguru and explain bani through out the yoga class. :wub:

- :TH:

welcome to the board lioness in training. Please keep posting!! we need more diversity and energy!

regarding gurudwaras. I dont learn anything there, I dont go.

Gurudwaras have become too corrupt. I say get rid of all the gurudwaras. In some places they do more harm to the panth than if they werent there at all. Get rid of them. Look at places without much sangat. They go around doing keertan in peoples houses, having a lot of pyaar. Then they raise money for a gurudwara.. what happens then? politics, fighting.. all the pyaar is gone.

lets get rid of all the gurudwaras and bring back dharamsalas. They are meant to be community places, places where things happen, things are taught, things are learnt, decisions are made.

no jeeoo.. that's very wrong.. Believe me there are many sikhs out there who are not comfortable of going to other peoples houses.. just like me.. I do not get what raggis jee is singing or what the hukamnama is recited.. BUT still like a dog im sticking with weekly schedule of going there and learn something new.. (katha's and so on)..

Wjkk Wjkf

- Mkhalsa- thank you for welcoming me, thats very nice of you. :wub:

I just would like to say that if your really want to learn more about sikhi..were we can understand it in English (Simple english)..check out Hari Naam Singhs Show, Insight into Sikhism on sat. at 9pm i think it is. I've learnt a lot from there. (If you are from t.o, brampton, sauga, oakville etc) i would like to tell everyone that there will be gurmat class's starting up in the Oakville center on Sundays.... The class's wil be teaching everythin about sikhism and guru jis bani in english. As soon as we are done organizing everything thats when it will start..give and take about 2-3 weeks. Teachers will NOT be people from the gurudwara who (most of them) are into politics and dont understand the full meaning of sikhi and the power it holds. Teachers will be people who can explain sikhism and the guru jis messages in english which is coo. Even though there are eng. translations in the Gotka's it still helps to clearly understand the message when you hit camps right, so be sure to check it out.

WJKK WJKF ^_^

waheguru ji ka khalsa waheguru ji ki fateh!!

im sorry to divert the original topic but i have somthing to say about all this yoga philosphy!

for those who are wondering what place yoga has in sikhism your answers can be found in Sidh Gohst bani.

this is the bani that is discussion between Sri Guru Nanak Dev Ji and the sidhs.

Naam Simran is the REAL and TRUE yoga.

Our Guru Sahibaan are the REAL yogis.

Yogis and what not may get some sort of occult powers and they may get to enjoy different khands but the real way to have COMPLETE union with WAHEGURU is through the teachings laid down by Guru Sahib.

SATGUR HAI BOHITA VIRLEH KINNEH VEECHAREYA!!

The True Guru is the boat, but few are those who realize this.

The answers are out there we must READ Gurbani to see them.

READ

RECITE

REFLECT

REMEMBER

REALIZE