keski

S1ngh

wjkk

wjkf

thank you for the response... following up on that i'd like to ask about taking amrit from jatha?....like you said amrit chaknaa is the same whether it be jatha...or not...I completely agree with that, however I know there must be reasons that taking amrit from jatha was established and I'd just like to get some feedback because i have wondered about this for a while...I am new to the sikhsangat.com and thought I may be able to find out more about this....i've often heard people ask things such as " o did he/she take amrit from the jatha or ..." what are the reasons behind "taking amrit from the jatha" as opposed to taking it form the "rest of the sangat"....

I'm sorry if i have offended anyone from my posts, as that was not the intent at all

bhul chuk maaf

fateh

grin.gif

• Replies 33
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest SikhForLife

Superman,

reasons that taking amrit from jatha was established

i believe it comes from the reason that we have different versions of the rehat marayada and the reason why some people consider the other granths important part of sikhi..

yes, different jathas will give different rehat, but amrit is one.

The rehat given at jatha, the first thing panj will say is follow sgpc rehat. then they will say but read those banis in the morning that were read at amrit sanchar, they will say the line from bhai chaupa singhs rehat nama, kach kara kirpan kanga keski, eh panj kakari rehat dharey sikh soeey. (contrary to popular beleif, raag mala is not mentioned at all, not that i have ever seen or heard of)

thats about it. oh and they will give you swaas swaas naam drirh as was given in puratan times. also, they will tell you to keep bibek rehat, like in puratan times and they will clarify the sgpc maryada that says kuttha is not allowed, which means no meat.

I do not know much about rehat of other jathas. I have heard that taksal will give you their published rehat and ask you to follow that. along with that they will tell you panj kakkars include kesh. they will also tell you that you must read raag mala in sehaj patts, akhand patts. you can get naam drirh at some taksali amrit sanchar, but you would have to find out in advance.

Nihang isnghs, i know they willt ell you you must wear blue keski at all times. I am not sure about anymore.

most people will tell you dont pick and choose. i dont have any comment on that. but what i will say is that prepare for amrit with which rehat you feel comfortable, and you will find the right place to go.

just take amrit, tahts the most important part.

Taking Amrit is essential, no matter which Jathabandi you take it from, at the end of the day, Amrit is Amrit. The spiritual power behind it should not be doubted. It depends on the Spiritual kamaaee of the Panj Piaarai who adminster it.

It is their Kamaaee that is infused into the Amrit. Either way, their Kamaaee will wear off you and you will have to do your own.

It does not matter which Jatha you take Amrit with. Although, their are differenciations in the Rehat Maryada that they explain during the Sanchaar.

Personally speaking, you will get the Panj Piaarai that you deserve, through Karmai and General Spirituallity.

As for Keski. Keski should never leave the body at any time, it is a part of your body, it is an Ang (Limb) of your body, just like any other Kakkar.

Traditionally Singhs wear Orange Keskis, though it can be of any Khalsa Colour. When washing your hair the Keski is wrapped around your waist like a Kamar Kassaa.

Waheguroo Jee Ka Khalsa!

Waheguroo Jee Kee Fateh!!

• 2 weeks later...

A Kamar Kassaa is a long piece of cloth, which serves as a belt for the Khalsa Baana we wear. It is wrapped around the waist then tied. It should be of one of the 4 Khalsa colours.

Black - Freedom

Blue- Warrior

Orange - Sacrifice/Shaheedi

White - Saintliness

Bur wearing these Khalsa colours will not make you any more of a Khalsa. That is something you must earn through Naam.

The Gurmat Rehat Maryada cannot be explained in 'short'. It isn't a game. If you are truly wanting to dedicate yourself to Satguru, then you should take out time to realise the Satguru and what he loves most, Rehat.

S1ngh, No, Im not a representative of the Akhand Keertanee Jatha of UK, Im solely an ambassador for Sikhi.

Waheguroo Jee Ka Khalsa!

Waheguroo Jee Kee Fateh!!