Does Hair Make Someone A Sikh ? If Hair Is Important Why Not Mentioned In Sggs

Guest sardar to monah

Guest sardar to monah

Kabir says bhaave lambe kesh kar , bhave ghaghar mundae meaning either keep your hair long or shave it all off . Kabir is saying real amrit is rabb da naam and not khande di paahul .

If khande di paahul was amrit then those bhagts in SGGS never took amrit , you getting my point?

Sunnat was not intended by Allah . It is not mentioned in quran .but muslims do it only for ritual because only some controversial hadiths mentioned it.

Same way kes are no where mentioned in SGGS . some pracharak says rabb di diti surat bhane , se <banned word filter activated> beiman but i did not found it anywhere .

so keeping hair is not important for non-khalsa . a person can be a true gursikh even if he doesnot keep hair .KINDLY DISCUSS

WAheguru Ji

Bani Maharaaj Says:

ਰੋਮ ਰੋਮ ਮਹਿ ਬਸਹਿ ਮੁਰਾਰਿ ॥

Rom rom mėh basėh murār.

and on each and every hair, the Lord abides

Maharaaj Mentions Hair (Kesh) in Loads of Occasions

ਕੇਸ ਸੰਗਿ ਦਾਸ ਪਗ ਝਾਰਉ ਇਹੈ ਮਨੋਰਥ ਮੋਰ ॥੧॥

Kes sang ḏās pag jẖāra▫o ihai manorath mor. ||1||

With my hair, I wash the feet of Your slave; this is my life's purpose. ||1||

and Hair dose not make someone Sikh Amrit Dose also Hair is Important Guru Gobind Singh Ji Maharaaj Says it as well.

Please Read this article

http://frontlinepunjabiyouth.blogspot.com/2008/03/ghost-requests-akhand-paath.html

WAheguru Ji

Bani Maharaaj Says:

Rom rom mėh basėh murār.

and Hair dose not make someone Sikh Amrit Dose also Hair is Important Guru Gobind Singh Ji Maharaaj Says it as well.

Please Read this article

http://frontlinepunjabiyouth.blogspot.com/2008/03/ghost-requests-akhand-paath.html

Guest sardar to monah

WAheguru Ji

Bani Maharaaj Says:

Rom rom mėh basėh murār.

Please Read this article

http://frontlinepunj...hand-paath.html

WAheguru Ji

Bani Maharaaj Says:

Rom rom mėh basėh murār.

Please Read this article

http://frontlinepunj...hand-paath.html

I think it would be an insult to God if I foresake his blessing ( intelligence ) and believe in that story . Your story contradicts with sikhi principles .SGGS says god is formless . Soul does not have any form . so how can it have hair on its head and besides , you are quoting those shabads out of context . rom rom main base murar means god is all pervading . guru has taken example of rom because hair is shortest . then by your own logic we shouldn't cut our nail either . because if murari lives in rom rom , he sure lives in nails as well .and no one , I have not yet see anyone who washes sri Guru GranthSahib ji with his hair .there is no record of sikhs washing feet of guru with their hair . again that baani is metaphor of humility .

Guest sardar to monah

I am waiting for replies from sangat here in context of sikhism and replies which dont fail on level of logic .

Jatā ḏẖār ḏẖār jogī mū▫e ṯerī gaṯ inėh na pā▫ī. ||2||

The Yogis die, with their matted hair, but even they do not find Your state, Lord. ||2||

Obviously , god is beyond shallow differences of kesh or non-kesh .

Amrit word is used many times in SGGS but not a single time it refers to khande di pahul .everytime it refers to name of god which is accessible to all living beings whether moneh or kesi .

ਨਾਪਾਕ ਪਾਕੁ ਕਰਿ ਹਦੂਰਿ ਹਦੀਸਾ ਸਾਬਤ ਸੂਰਤਿ ਦਸਤਾਰ ਸਿਰਾ ॥੧੨॥

Naapaak Paak Kar Hadhoor Hadheesaa Saabath Soorath Dhasathaar Siraa ||12||

नापाक पाकु करि हदूरि हदीसा साबत सूरति दसतार सिरा ॥१२॥

Purify what is impure, and let the Lord's Presence be your religious tradition. Let your total awareness be the turban on your head. ||12||

And do u know if guru Gobind singh sahib existed? He created Khalsa after the bhagat sahibaans. He ordered Khalsa to keep hair and he himself took Amrit. He was a Guru already and he took Amrit and got the name Singh and what made u think all that you r saying? Bhagats took khande di Pahul too but u r too dumb to understand and u think u r so smart by promoting your manmat.

U really need to know basic principles of Sikhi.

because if murari lives in rom rom , he sure lives in nails as well .and no one , I have not yet see anyone who washes sri Guru GranthSahib ji with his hair .there is no record of sikhs washing feet of guru with their hair . again that baani is metaphor of humility .

giani sant singh ji maskeen explain it well. we only cut the nail portion that is not attached to the skin. if we were to cut nail that was still attached ( in physical contact) then it would hurt. the unattached that becomes whitish part we cut with nail clipper. just like that comb is another tool for another part of our body. it takes away unattached hair. the ones that have broken off. if we were you pull anyone's hair it will hurt because its still attached to the body thus its a part of us.

those are just two different tools for two different parts of our body.

Besides Guru Gobind singh jis Hukam should be enough for anyone.

Khalsa mero roop hai khaas, Khaalse meh hau karau nivaas

Khalsa is my form special, In Khalsa I live Khalsa

you are trying to compare your self to those bhagats hahahaha wow. bhagat sahiban attained a state that which we can only dream of. think you are trying to justify you action. trying to conform religion