Does Hair Make Someone A Sikh ? If Hair Is Important Why Not Mentioned In Sggs

Guest sardar to monah

How is a person wanting to learn, when the person comes in with the attitude of calling Sikhi practices hocus pocus ritual stuff? This shows the person is arrogant and anything you say to them will be disrespected. The disrespect has already started and they proved to others they are small minded.

taken out of context please read all my conversations today.

MSG to only5 i've asked you before please I don't want to corrosponde with you. You may be a good sikh but you are not a good human. You didn't even have decency to meet up when i came to Canada. Please don't respond to me.

I don't meet up with random people that have cunning means to achieve. I have never said i want to talk to you. What i did was respond to your disrespecting post toward Sikhi. Learn the difference. And you can call me the devil of a human. I would like it if you call me that because for you slapping women around is called mild violence.

so keeping hair is not important for non-khalsa . a person can be a true gursikh even if he doesnot keep hair .KINDLY DISCUSS

keeping hair is important and necessary for all Sikhs. whether we do or not it comes down to us. But please dont put words into our Gurus mouth. Guru Ji has made it clear that keeping kes is necessary.

And that line that you have quoted from Bhagat Kabir Ji, is directed towards Muslims and HIndus, Do you want to feel better because you have cut your kes ? or want to?

Kabir says bhaave lambe kesh kar , bhave ghaghar mundae meaning either keep your hair long or shave it all off . Kabir is saying real amrit is rabb da naam and not khande di paahul .

If khande di paahul was amrit then those bhagts in SGGS never took amrit , you getting my point?

Sunnat was not intended by Allah . It is not mentioned in quran .but muslims do it only for ritual because only some controversial hadiths mentioned it.

Same way kes are no where mentioned in SGGS . some pracharak says rabb di diti surat bhane , se <banned word filter activated> beiman but i did not found it anywhere .

so keeping hair is not important for non-khalsa . a person can be a true gursikh even if he doesnot keep hair .KINDLY DISCUSS

are you Dr. Jaswinder Singh Cheema or his follower, becuase this indiviudal is a mona non sikh confusing a lot of people in teh sikh world with this pangtee you quote from SGGS.

I am shocked that no one has done vichaar on this pangtee by looking at previous great scholars as prof sahib Singh jee.

This pangtee refers to JATAADHARIS who keep hair without combing them as they were around Bhagat Kabir Jees' time when Bhagat jee uttered this pangtee no Khalsa was around at that time - if you can read punjabi gurmuki check here for full translation and learn from it - if not then first learn punjabi before going onto anything else:

check out on here - panna 1365:

[www.gurugranthdarpan.com]

I don't meet up with random people that have cunning means to achieve. I have never said i want to talk to you. What i did was respond to your disrespecting post toward Sikhi. Learn the difference. And you can call me the devil of a human. I would like it if you call me that because for you slapping women around is called mild violence.

Again put things into context, look at the whole picture (or words written). I would never ever justify a man laying a finger on a women. No man should hit a women, it is wrong. BUT please how ever wrong it was as no man should ever hit a women - it was mild violence a few shoves and a slap and pushes. Now what would you define as mild violence? BTW why respond to only half of the post. What about the swearing and how it would have made the women more lady like without resulting to foul language, kids watch this forum, the dirty swears are not appropriate for this site, but you decided not to comment on that. Also the fact that the women would have morally been untouchable for acting in such a dignified way if she had not said what she did.

Also elaborate on my cunning plans I wanted to meet you in a public place (even offered to pay your taxi/ train fare) like hotel lobby or even the gurdwara sahib nearest to you, but obviously you feel more comfortable behind a screen where no one can talk face to face.

Not you but many talk a big game but do no action. I've asked to meet fellow members regarding stuff (i.e. beadbi and other issues, first there likeyeah we need to take actionlets meet up, when I suggest a place how many turn up ZERO). I am what you see is what you get I have nothing to hide nor do I folow the crowd due to peer pressure, If I feel something is right I stick by my convictions.

EDIT

It's laughable the amount of times some members change their minds when the debate swings the other way. If you feel something is righ, why not stick to your convictions instead of being sheep and following the herd even if in your heart of heartsyou know you are only doing so so you don't look bad to the cyber sangat.

Its not about arguing with moorakhs its about having a conversation, some of us have not been lucky enough to been raised Sikh. WE WANT to learn, and learn with things that make sense. NO hocus pocus ritual stuff. I know a lot of people my age 30+ have no interst in faith I want to learn, so if someone llike me posses a question is not nice to make the person feel small and say don't talk to ignorant people. Atleaset back yourself up.

Letme break it down -Its not about arguing with moorakhs its about having a conversation, some of us have not been lucky enough to been raised Sikh. WE WANT to learn, and learn with things that make sense. NO hocus pocus ritual stuff

Meaning we want to learn the facts not made up stuff some people tell us an expect us to believe without any explanation or the reason as to why.

I know a lot of people my age 30+ have no interst in faith I want to learn, so if someone llike me posses a question is not nice to make the person feel small and say don't talk to ignorant people. Atleaset back yourself up.

Please just provide an answer or kindly direct us in the right way. Instead of name calling. Imagine if no one taught you would you also want to learn of your own back or continue to live in ignorance.

Letme break it down -Its not about arguing with moorakhs its about having a conversation, some of us have not been lucky enough to been raised Sikh. WE WANT to learn, and learn with things that make sense. NO hocus pocus ritual stuff

Meaning we want to learn the facts not made up stuff some people tell us an expect us to believe without any explanation or the reason as to why.

I know a lot of people my age 30+ have no interst in faith I want to learn, so if someone llike me posses a question is not nice to make the person feel small and say don't talk to ignorant people. Atleaset back yourself up.

Please just provide an answer or kindly direct us in the right way. Instead of name calling. Imagine if no one taught you would you also want to learn of your own back or continue to live in ignorance.

So has your question been answered or not? Are you now coming back to the fold and stop being a mona? Have you got the right direction? Have you had the time to read the answers on this thread and learnt something?

So has your question been answered or not? Are you now coming back to the fold and stop being a mona? Have you got the right direction? Have you had the time to read the answers on this thread and learnt something?

I've learnt a lot from this site not this thread. I need to be a good huma being first before even contemplating being a sikh (the pinaccle).