Angry Very Angry And Dissapointed

PARDESI

Was walking in the afternoon and saw a monah near bus stop smoking. When I was near him saw a Big Kara in his hand and Ekonkar tattoo on his hand!

When people cut there hair and give excuse like thy were unable to find work in Sikhi Swaroop.......... U say Ok there might be problems.

I know many Sikhs who smoke but when you see that it shows they are Sikhs makes me very angry

2day I felt like removing the tattoo with Ekonkar on his hand and then tell him enjoy your slowly dead while smoking!

Can't understand why these people are even given entry in Gurdwara's as they smoke after they are out of Gurdwara and you can smell and tell that thy been smoking!

Make me angry and I am not saying that I am a amritdhari Sikh or somthng like that! but still I try to be in Sikh Rehyat Maryada.

Yes smoking is wrong in Sikhi and also socailly it is frowned upon. But if somnone smokes how can you deny them entry to Gurghar, Gurdwareh are for all. You can't judge. (off course due respect is required, no smoking on premises or before entrering). Where do you draw the line Sikhi wise like if someone cuts hair shall we refuse entry etc.

It's interesting members point thing out on here but take no action, like search this forum someone complained about Sikh Channel staff smelling of fags in gurdwara and had fags on them they rightfully found it disgusting but what did they do, when I asked them did they confront or inform it's wrong - no NOTHING- not even explian to them it was not the right thing let alone kick them out for carrying tobbaco.

We have to educate your brethren about these issues I used to smoke then Giani Ji Lal Singh inspired me and talked about it with me not looking down or saying I will 'go ot hell / I disgrace Sikhi etc' but had a proper 2 way conversation. I eventually quit.. We need more Giani's like him who are not judgemental or take fudermentalist approach by not even giving you the time of day for your actions as it's anti Sikh. They need to help you out like say a type of counciller.

Particular Giaini Ji is semi retired now anyone from Leicester must know him from Guru Amar Das Gurdwara sahib. He is a true Giani - guiding, advising, helping and not being judgemental towards the sangat. He looks for the good in you not your outer appearence. His tabla player when doing kirtan Gaini Ram Singh Ji passed away last year, he also was very good. Im suprised not many young Leicester Uni students attend as it is like literally 5 -7 mins walk to campus.

Was walking in the afternoon and saw a monah near bus stop smoking. When I was near him saw a Big Kara in his hand and Ekonkar tattoo on his hand!

When people cut there hair and give excuse like thy were unable to find work in Sikhi Swaroop.......... U say Ok there might be problems.

I know many Sikhs who smoke but when you see that it shows they are Sikhs makes me very angry

2day I felt like removing the tattoo with Ekonkar on his hand and then tell him enjoy your slowly dead while smoking!

Can't understand why these people are even given entry in Gurdwara's as they smoke after they are out of Gurdwara and you can smell and tell that thy been smoking!

Make me angry and I am not saying that I am a amritdhari Sikh or somthng like that! but still I try to be in Sikh Rehyat Maryada.

what did you do?

No I didn't said anything to that person! As I was full of anger so I would have less words for him.

About complaining and not talking to him is because as I told you I am not Amritdhari Sikh neither do I wear a turban on my head always.

So I could have talk to him but still When I am angry then I am short of words and I knew if I am going to say anything to him I might end up fighting so avoided that....

Can't disgrace sikhi on street..................

About Giani's who do that what is mentioned above then all Gurdwara's should have such Giani's....... because most of the Gurdwara's have Giani who are greedy for money or they want to get visa through Gurdwara.

I have come across very less Giani's who have the Gian (knowledge) to spread.

So you're a part time Singh looking down on others.... Good lad, now go and get a life.

if only the perfect ones could preach then most of us would die before we heard a sermon in our lives.

lets face it as well, the gurus gohlak is majority funded from "imperfect sikhs".

So you're a part time Singh looking down on others.... Good lad, now go and get a life.

RDX nice name......... but what is there in name............

I already have a life and it perfectly going with Guru Kirpa.

the reason I wrote that that I am not Amritdhari was to make it clear before ppl like you who are going to ask me question you saw someone smoking but how good are you with Sikhi maryada.

About pagh or no pagh ( there are no so called part-time Sikhs not from where I have got my knowledge about Sikhi " Sab Sikho Ko Hukam Hai Guru Maneyo Granth. So only who believe in Sikhism are Sikhs,

and I am not talking about cutting hair or having a pagh or not. What I said it makes me angry when I saw ekonkar on his hand and a kara plus a cigarette.

From my side everyone can do what ever thy want but at least don't show that you are sikh while doing bad or certain things..........

eat <banned word filter activated> but don't show you are Guru Sikh and doing that................

I just pointed my disappointed with honesty.................