New Song With Humble The Poet

Only five

But my point is that the guns -v- knives argument is stupid, as both can be used in a combat situation. Humble the Poet or the other guy arent really arguing to replace the Kirpan are they? To say that our Gurus knew about how future weapons would develop is irrelevant as they were fighting wars right there and then in the 17th and 18th century, they couldnt just sit around waiting until assault rifles and machine guns came around.

In the Song harry punna is saying that times have changed so leave the things behind that are not relevant (the Kirpan) as time has brought guns now for battles. But they are saying keep what we can use from the old days. Their assuming the Kirpan is just a self-defense tool and see it no different than any regular knife or sword. I agree with you, the argument of guns vs. knives is illogical.

The Kirpan will always be the symbol of the Khalsa. Anyone one who wants to replace it is blaspheming. As for weapons, in today's battlefield people need a combination of close range, mid-range and long range weapons. I dont know where Harry Pannu is planning on fighting but it wont be won with one single 'miracle' weapon.

Humble the poet used to be an amritdhari sikh, and used to be a part of the Tapoban Jatha in Toronto. He's no longer a Sikh, which he openly says, so why would he feel any shame in speaking out against Sikhi?

Anyone who supports him, is supporting a patit. Just thought the sangat should know this before praising him or having him as a role model.

I don't agree with the defence that he is not representing sikhi but is just a Sikh rapper.

one adopts the image of a Sikh voluntarily,and great responsibilities come with it. Everyone knows that.

If you listen to his songs, without the video, it is quite plain to see that he is a very average MC, and the only reason he has got popular is off the back of the Punjabi Sikhs, it's a gimmick that he has tried to cash in on.

Also as he has a long flowing beard, and a round Dastaar his actions and speech carries even more responsibility then for example RDB.

Sehajdari Sikhs will look at humble, and think what he says and does is okay for a Sikh.