A Few Questions For Sikhs

Uploaded by MaharlikaAWA on Jan 3, 2012

I am whitedragonawa.

A sister in Christ I recently met online had a discussion with me about her culture's religion called Sikhism. She was a Sikh and had converted to Christianity later. I decided to ask some questions to know more about what Sikhs believe.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wtMH_8P0zGc

After seeing his video and some of his video responses he wrote, it seems he is not trying to learn about Sikhism but rather trying to debate with Sikhs and proving Sikh wrong and showing his Christian beleifs right. We have not expored the Christian faith as much as we have expored the Hindu and Muslim faith, because we have more interation and dealing with these two communties. We have ignored the Christians for too long. More Sikhs have converted to Christianity than to Hinduism and Islam combined. I have seen villages in Gurdaspur and Amritsar area which are full of Christians. They are actively trying to convert Sikhs. In the west they have also been successful converting Sikhs. Why are we ignoring these people?

I don't want to write anything bad about anyone's religion, but to be honest the Christian faith is full of holes. Sikhism is such a faith that you cannot find even one thing wrong with it even if you try.

i agree with jonny101

like muslims, christians publish and distribute "how to convert sikhs" packs and even teach courses on how to do so.

the amount of christinas in district sri amritsar sahib is shocking.

there was an incident not too long ago where a christian pastor wrote a letter of appoligy to sri akaal thakat sahib because he deliberatly dissed our satguru sahiban in his vile preaching. which sikh preacher has ever dissed yesu?

i agree with jonny101

like muslims, christians publish and distribute "how to convert sikhs" packs and even teach courses on how to do so.

the amount of christinas in district sri amritsar sahib is shocking.

there was an incident not too long ago where a christian pastor wrote a letter of appoligy to sri akaal thakat sahib because he deliberatly dissed our satguru sahiban in his vile preaching. which sikh preacher has ever dissed yesu?

If such publications by christians on "how to convert sikhs" packs and even teach courses on how to do so" are available can legal action not be taken against them?

• 2 weeks later...

Here is a very good site debunking Christianity...

www.answering-christianity.com

While Europeans don't care or give a damn about Christianty themselves..they are hell bent in converting people from Africa/india etc...typical TRYYANT mentality..want to impose THEIR religion on OUR cultures even when they themselves don't follow their religion !!!!!!!!!

Guest KopSingh

There are many holes within in the Sikh faith as it moves through history, which is the reason why so many Sikhs are converting to other faiths and the Sikh numbers are declining. We may argue this is not the case and many people say it’s quality rather than quaintity, which I think its ignoring the real issue. Many are leaving the Sikh faith because they have no relation within their personal life, all main Sikhs are worried about is keeping hair and taking Amrit. Have we ever thought the real reason for the conversation? People in the Punjab region are predominantly farmers and facing a economical down turn, they will look for council, will that be with friends or faith. Presently within the Sikh faith there is no such practise and in Christianity they have a strong ethos based around council and charity. Sikh faith is becoming rigid as evolves; well the term I’m looking for is devolving. If people are content with the philosophy of quality than quantity than we have no reason to discuss this subject because the Sikh faith is getting rid of the poor quality from the faith.

wat do u mean "so" many sikhs are converting? you mean like on the scale of africa where 6million ppl leave islam every year? I can guarentee you ppl leave sikhi because they havn't bothered reading about the sikh religion in the first place, n when these uneducated sikhs FINALLY decide they want some sort of religious path they get impressed by the bombardment of christian/muslim missionaries.

LOOOL you say

Presently within the Sikh faith there is no such practise and in Christianity they have a strong ethos based around council and charity

so sikh charities like khalsa aid have gone ALL over the world helping ppl, without any strings attatched, no conversion for food/water in return, just seva (selfless service)! Whereas christian/muslim charities ONLY help their own. During ramadan all the muslim channels collect charity money, n im not lieing but on one channel it said on the bottom of the banner, money to be sent to pakistan/bangladesh/afghanistan, and then it said "INDIA (muslims ONLY)". i thought that just says it all! also during pakistan floods, chrisitan missionaries were helping muslim victims in panjab/sindh, BUT only if they became christians in return.

So countries like UK n western europe where churches are being closed down coz THERES NO CONGREGATION, jesus christ being mocked by his own ppl, the fact that more ppl watch ford super sunday on sky sports than go to church on sunday in england, and u have the nerve to cuss sikhi? other religions have spread their numbers because of conquest, so there numbers are HUGE, n if ppl leave the religion, it doesnt impact their numbers. Whereas if maharaja ranjit had forcefully converted everybody from delhi-kangra-kashmir-lahore-multan-peshawar then sikh population n power would be oh so different.

If people are content with the philosophy of quality than quantity than we have no reason to discuss this subject because the Sikh faith is getting rid of the poor quality from the faith.

LOL well the sikhs, apart from the 2 anglo sikh wars (thru backstabbing) have NEVER lost a war to anyone. by the way which were all wars where sikhs were OUTNUMBERED, yet were succesful. that is QUALITY over quantity. coz if it wasnt, then we would of lost all battles n would be praying towards mecca everyday. your comments are incredibly dumb and naive. japji sahib/jaap sahib prayers have more power in them then all other prayer in the world put together. WHY is this? because they were written by prophets who were alive at the time to recite them and put it pen to paper, thats authenticity. unlike other religious texts of other religions which were written 60 or 100 yrs AFTER the prophet has died, which means anything can be made up on the spot by power hungry disciples.

sikhi and sikhs are going through a very tough time at the moment, y is it our religion is attacked first by extremist non-believers (whether thats in india or uk)? because they kno when sikhs r on song and united then NO ONE and i mean NO ONE can defeat khalsa. now get lost u prat!!

you mean like on the scale of africa where 6million ppl leave islam every year?

Your this information is wrong though . . . This is a HOAX that desperate Christians made up after the interview of some guy on Al Jazeera. Christianity is getting converts in Africa who are mainly the poor,uneducated,primitive and backword pagans of central Africa (The WORST part of this planet when it comes to HDI , income , education , peace and women rights etc ) ...In North Africa (Muslim dominant) ....there is hardly any conversion , if any at all.

Read credible sources such as PEW forums to get accurate information on the issue.

Also , isn't Islam suppose to the be fastest growing *major* religion in the world :/ ? So 'conversions' FROM Islam can't be taken into account own its own..we have to see conversions from Islam and conversions TO Islam to see the actual picture ... The "net" result comes as Islam = growing.

PS there are way,way less Muslims out there trying to convert Sikhs ...Way,way,way MORE Sikhs have became Christians than Muslims... Focus needs to be corrected :cool2:

Your this information is wrong though . . . This is a HOAX that desperate Christians made up after the interview of some guy on Al Jazeera. Christianity is getting converts in Africa who are mainly the poor,uneducated,primitive and backword pagans of central Africa (The WORST part of this planet when it comes to HDI , income , education , peace and women rights etc ) ...In North Africa (Muslim dominant) ....there is hardly any conversion , if any at all.

Read credible sources such as PEW forums to get accurate information on the issue.

Also , isn't Islam suppose to the be fastest growing *major* religion in the world :/ ? So 'conversions' FROM Islam can't be taken into account own its own..we have to see conversions from Islam and conversions TO Islam to see the actual picture ... The "net" result comes as Islam = growing.

PS there are way,way less Muslims out there trying to convert Sikhs ...Way,way,way MORE Sikhs have became Christians than Muslims... Focus needs to be corrected :cool2:

thats because christians have no rehat and discipline..it is a dharam for the sinner to have a good time in and be guilt ridden