~ Lets Talk Punjab Elections ~

N30S1NGH

Daljit singh bittu group is creation of congress. PPP is going to face the biggest debacle.I was in Punjab till yesterday and commies are a spent force.

GPS could you provide support to a very serious Accusation .... From my research and understanding ... however very ltd he is not

Anyone who is interested in punjab politics..please give your input- who should/ shouldn't win this election? why and why not? who will win this election in punjab? why?

At this point, I really want congress to win this year election, only because - there are predictions land prices will go up if they win and we wanted to sell our land this year. Some people may call this selfish act that i m putting my personal interest front instead of people of Punjab interest... There is no question, It is an selfish act.

Please share your input?

Firstly, which area from Punjab is your family from. N30Singh, where you need the Congress to come to power in order for your land price to go up ?

In doaba, which has a natural sellers market......i.e there are a dozen overseas sikhs chasing each and every land that comes up for sale......prices have never gone down.....They go up everyday.

But....you make a good point. Most sikhs in punjab will vote according to the benefit to their land. I'll give you an example : A couple of elections ago, our local Congress MP made my family promises of making 'pukka' the kutcha road to one of our fields. To my family, that mean't everything, cos once a feild adjoins a pukka road it's price nearly doubles in value. We haven't sold that field (we'd rather cut off our own limbs then sell........We never ever sell) but I estimate that local Congress victory was worth something in the region of £100,000 to our family.

Sadly.....this is the way politics works in Punjab. Favours are given to families such as mine..i.e people who already have wealth and power, at the expense of those who have nothing. Lambardar families such as mine have a huge financial incentive to use their power and influence in ensuring everyone votes for the party in question. I've mentioned power and influence but the third factor is intimidation. Anyone that's been in rural Punjab on election day knows that it is a very very weird kind of 'democracy'. There are hundreds and hundreds of intimidating people at the polling station. They know who you voted for. They work for the rich and powerfull. If you don't vote for who they told you to vote....or who you promised them you would vote for, there will be repurcussions later on.

The whole things a farce. Its democracy....but not as we know it Jim. Don't know if things are as bad in the rest of India. I've heard from friends that it ain't. But Punjab is just one giant hot steaming pile of dog poo. Best solution for dog poo is to wash your hands of it. Thats why I washed my hands of Punjab a long time ago. To hell with it. Idiots electing idiots. Congress....akalis, ppp....they're all as bad as each other. To hell with them. Many a wise man throughout history has remarked how an electorate get the type of politician they deserve. The idiots there are getting the idiots they deserve. At this time of year the <banned word filter activated> wind blows strongest. Its a wonder that they still know how to breathe. In 10 years time when the water table is completely depleted and every other baby is born with deformities because of the mobile phone masts everywhere and the sewarage is in their bedrooms......they will still vote in the same idiots. They are full-time idiots. Only an escape to Italy, Canada, Amrika or England can knock them to their senses and wake them from their slumber. Sometimes, the <banned word filter activated> cancer has spread so much around the body that even that won't work.

But thats them. What about you and me ? Why on earth would western born, intelligent, educated people want to even think about the politics of idiots ?

Good post West London Singh. My land is in ludhiana, off gill road- close to falahi sahib (ithasik dasvin patsah gurudwara).

Don't know malwai too well n30singh. But I'd imagine your land, being in Ludhiana proper, is worth a small fortune. You still haven't explained what development plans for the area Congress have that will shoot up the price so much though ?

GPS could you provide support to a very serious Accusation .... From my research and understanding ... however very ltd he is not

Bhai sahib

There was a news in the newspaper of yesterday that bittu group i.e. panch pardhani and ek noor khalsa have declared their support for

Congress.

Bittu group is in alignment with Dal khalsa.You may be knowing credentials of dal khalsa.

Don't know malwai too well n30singh. But I'd imagine your land, being in Ludhiana proper, is worth a small fortune. You still haven't explained what development plans for the area Congress have that will shoot up the price so much though ?

I have no idea, may be i should find out.. my relatives keep telling me land price will go up when sarkar changes to congress, they said nothing to do with congress, whenever sarkar changes regardless of which sarkar thats what happens, thats what happened in the past as well.

This time election is kinda spicy as there is too much action going on in Punjab.

1. We know that Sukbir is putting all his energy to win this election as he knows that he will be the one who will chair CM'ship for the first time. He is being groomed for this position by his family (most particularly by his mom) for the past few decades. He knows the chances to be a strong leader image later on will be tough if he lose election this year.

2. We also seen congress banking on anti-sikh votes such as dera of weirdo’s ram rahim. Congress knows that they have no chance of getting in good relation with SGPC, so they will do anything that is anti-sgpc. Example is Patit-sikh organization (in fake name of sehajdhari sikhs) 100% supporting congress as amrinder singh personally favored them to vote on sgpc elections.

3. No-Game changer parties such as Mann Dal or so called Panch Pardhani party. They may be part of house talk abroad but in reality they are next to non-existent in Punjab. Some of them are controlled by delhi congress agent Sarna.

4. PPP will be gone after this election. The only reason PPP is in news because manpreet is from badal family and people like to listen to gossips of other families, more particularly internal fights. Manpreet think that he alone can manage the whole party and makes all good decision by himself and that is not the way it works. Manpreet, this is 2012 and your half-century old Lenin ideology not going to work. His kid under 18 is doing election stops for him (shows how desperate manpreet became). People won't stick with you if you don't have money and solid plan to win. PPP believes that religion is not important when running for public office. I strongly believe that religion is the only life support you gonna need to be the leader of millions of people.

In reality, people are going to vote for their own personal profit. They are going to vote for a person so that after election their leader will give his son a govt’ job or stop transfers to other district (nobody wants to live away from their hometown for work). Some will vote for leaders who will give them promotion or put them in high bribery area or help voters out of court cases involving land cases etc.. Some will vote because of free liquor and light cheap drugs, while others will vote based on candidate’s religion. Most of the voters are selfish as they want their job done and they don’t care about Punjab at all. This is why we won’t see any good leader coming out of Punjab anytime soon.

This talk of land prices, etc., I had no idea about whatsoever.

We share information and opinions on these and other internet forums, rather idealistically I might add, about Sikhi being of the paramount importance (which it should be IMO), and about how everything we do in life should be dictated by our faith, and that people back home should do "this or that" for the glory and benefit of Sikhi and fellow Sikhs. But when you get to the ground level and the day-to-day realities, the thing which matters to people the most is paisa (from an earthly perspective).

Obviously I'm not knocking the guys who've got land and want to maximise it's value. That's the way of the world and, like I said, I'm not offering a judgement on those kind of issues. Its just that I've seen people talk about Congress being behind the murders of Sikhs during the height of the pogroms and how we should not associate with them or support them. But then some people are willing to vote for them (and hope they win) because it means it will benefit the individual financially.

I don't know, sometimes it seems faith and religious morality is for those who have nothing to offer, whilst the rules don't seem to apply to those with wealth. Obviously in HIs darbar there is no such distinctions but whilst we are alive these are realities we must face. How does one go about living such a life whereby not only are you true to your God, but you also fulfil your earthly duties even if that means compromising your principles - or going against what is generally considered to be the "Sikh way" - for material gain?