Rehatnama adhiyan

if u guys know punjabi then there is an adhiyan of rehatnama by chaupa singh ji.Its web address is:

http://www.amritworld.com/new.html

It has couple sections and 2 sections caught my eyes.One about 'kutha' and other about 'nari(women)'.

Kutha discuss the regular debate on meat and give some references from some rehatnamas for jhatka...but we all know meat is NOT okay.....so leave it.PLEASE DO NOT DISCUSS MEAT HERE IN THIS THREAD.

My main concern by 'women'.There are some remarks in the rehatnama which are very dangerous for gender equality' principal of sikhism.The rehatnama by chaupa singh ji straightaway states that "donot trust women", "its a sin to have joothh od women", "women should not read holy scriptures in the congregration" etc etc.

So I want to know the stand of forum gursikhs who strictly follow rehatnamas over this very issue.

regards.

For me it is very simple, that is to follow the Sikh Rehat Maryada (the one published by SGPC, SMC, DSGMC, etc). Read/follow Gurbani. Lots of the point that come in Rehat have already been given in Gurbani. That is to be the first seed of our Rehat.

No doubt, Rehatnameh can be studied, but it would be wrong to say that they are authentic. What they represent is, the thoughts of Sikhs from that periode, offcourse there is value there, but there is also lots of malaavat.

I agree with u deep singh ji....but most of the forum members point fingers over SGPC rehat and DONOT wanna beleive in it for some reason.

I remember I sarted a thread about reading baniz during akandpathh sahib.SGPC rehit prohibits it as it is not gurmat. I gave reference of SGPC (link to the page also) but nobdy agreed with me....and nobdy replied after that.

But I have seen people here fully believing in rehatnamas of bhai chaupa singh ji without asking for any proof.Isn't it strange???

vwihgurU jI kw Kwlsw!

vwihgurU jI kI &iqh!!

Follow the rehat told to you by 5 pyaare during Amrit Sanchaar, that is the most basic rehat, then as we do naam abhyaas in rehat guru sahib do kirpa and make us better in proper rehat. For gursikhs all the HUKAMS in shri guru granth sahib ji maharaaj is a rehat. As we will do naam abhyaas and seva guru sahib will do kirpa to improve us in rehat.

Stay chardi kala

vwihgurU jI kw Kwlsw!

vwihgurU jI kI &iqh!!

Waheguroo Jee Ka Khalsa!

Waheguroo Jee Kee Fateh!!

interesting from the link that deep singh veerji posted

Women's prayer and devotions

Before reciting the Gunt's mantra a Gursikhni should bathe, or at least wash her hands and feet and rinse her mouth. She should visit the dharamsala twice daily; she should keep her head covered in a satsang; and she should learn portions of the sacred scripture by heart. She should not read the Granth Sahib in a Sikh assembly. A Gursikhni should spin cotton, and with it weave cloth to be used as a wrapping (rumdl) for the Granth Sahib or as a covering for the dharamsala floor. She should not offer prayers at tombs or cenotaphs. Sword baptism is not to be administered to women. [506, 538, 553, 559-60, 566]

In his work amrit bha ji proved that some changes have been made in rahatnama bhai chaupa singh http://www.amritworld.com/rahatnama_bhai_c...ges_in_rbcs.pdf

He also made it clear what is the gurmat's view about woman http://www.amritworld.com/rahatnama_bhai_c...hiyain/nari.pdf

Check the home page and see moving text which says 'coming soon in punjabi section - hazuri maryada parbodh ik adhiyain. I have read some articles from this section, on his personal computer. You will see how he successfully proved that 'tilak' of blood and kirpan da amrit is not gurmat. He criticised the jhatka in gurdwara too. Hmmmm sanatan sikhi people will not like his work and then: wacko.gif And while doing all this, he did not leave 'nimrta' in his writings. Wait for one or two days. and then wacko.gif

There are a few things in puraatan rehatnamas which one can easily tell are fake or added later.

The general rule is that whatever does not mesh with gurbani is fake.

Exactly.

I would just believe in Guru Granth Sahib ji, and take every word of guru ji true in here. I can not believe sometimes some rehatnamaes say..

....n about women, if Guru Nanak ji said women are equally to men ...> FULLL STOP !!! NO DEBATES OVER THIS. So whatever things written afterwards, i dont wanna believe it, i believe in Dhan Guru Nanak Sahib jio !!

^_^