Has The Site Sikh Awareness Have Any Relation To Sikhsangat.com

JSinghnz

I think they're using the same 'theme' (in terms of visual front-end) as this site. I clicked a link to sikhawareness from a thread on this website to read something about Maharaja Ranjit Singh and I thought I'd been returned to this site by mistake! Don't know why they've done it because I remember vaguely that sikhawareness.com was distinctly different to this site from a visual perspective at least.

Sikhawareness is a separate site and has no association with Sikhsangat.com, other than the fact both sites are sikhi related. The admin of Sikhawareness.com is a member of this forum just like admins of this forum are members of sikhawareness.com and help each other out when needed. The sites look similar because they both use the same forum software and since the latest release of the software, it is difficult to get decent layouts . So both sites are using the same default layouts.

Hope the above answer your question.

Man, I've just had a look at the site and I didn't know if i was coming or going. It not only looked like I was back here but the names of the posters revealed that it was the same people that are here. Blimey. You may say they are a seperate site balait da she but I think you''ll be sorry when they take 90% of your contributors and thus by default close this site down.

This Shabad is by Guru Arjan Dev Ji in Raag Kaanraa on Pannaa 1299

kwnVw mhlw 5 ]

kaanarraa mehalaa 5 ||

Kaanraa, Fifth Mehla:

ibsir geI sB qwiq prweI ]

bisar gee sabh thaath paraaee ||

I have totally forgotten my jealousy of others,

jb qy swDsMgiq moih pweI ]1] rhwau ]

jab thae saadhhasa(n)gath mohi paaee ||1|| rehaao ||

since I found the Saadh Sangat, the Company of the Holy. ||1||Pause||

nw ko bYrI nhI ibgwnw sgl sMig hm kau bin AweI ]1]

naa ko bairee nehee bigaanaa sagal sa(n)g ham ko ban aaee ||1||

No one is my enemy, and no one is a stranger. I get along with everyone. ||1||

jo pRB kIno so Bl mwinE eyh sumiq swDU qy pweI ]2]

jo prabh keeno so bhal maaniou eaeh sumath saadhhoo thae paaee ||2||

Whatever God does, I accept that as good. This is the sublime wisdom I have obtained from the Holy. ||2||

sB mih riv rihAw pRBu eykY pyiK pyiK nwnk ibgsweI ]3]8]

sabh mehi rav rehiaa prabh eaekai paekh paekh naanak bigasaaee ||3||8||

The One God is pervading in all. Gazing upon Him, beholding Him, Nanak blossoms forth in happiness. ||3||8||

Agree with balait. Many of you probably don't know the history of Sikh forums. Most of the popular forums with history of more than 5+ years are known to each other and even work together. Though I never met neosingh in person but I know that he is one nice Sikh brother from the other side of the coast. Sikhawareness is unique forum with its own original concept and threads, so neither they are nor us are copies of each other except in forum software :)

Sikhawareness is a separate site and has no association with Sikhsangat.com, other than the fact both sites are sikhi related. The admin of Sikhawareness.com is a member of this forum just like admins of this forum are members of sikhawareness.com and help each other out when needed. The sites look similar because they both use the same forum software and since the latest release of the software, it is difficult to get decent layouts . So both sites are using the same default layouts.

Hope the above answer your question.

It sure does and thanks for that.

This Shabad is by Guru Arjan Dev Ji in Raag Kaanraa on Pannaa 1299

kwnVw mhlw 5 ]

kaanarraa mehalaa 5 ||

Kaanraa, Fifth Mehla:

ibsir geI sB qwiq prweI ]

bisar gee sabh thaath paraaee ||

I have totally forgotten my jealousy of others,

jb qy swDsMgiq moih pweI ]1] rhwau ]

jab thae saadhhasa(n)gath mohi paaee ||1|| rehaao ||

since I found the Saadh Sangat, the Company of the Holy. ||1||Pause||

nw ko bYrI nhI ibgwnw sgl sMig hm kau bin AweI ]1]

naa ko bairee nehee bigaanaa sagal sa(n)g ham ko ban aaee ||1||

No one is my enemy, and no one is a stranger. I get along with everyone. ||1||

jo pRB kIno so Bl mwinE eyh sumiq swDU qy pweI ]2]

jo prabh keeno so bhal maaniou eaeh sumath saadhhoo thae paaee ||2||

Whatever God does, I accept that as good. This is the sublime wisdom I have obtained from the Holy. ||2||

sB mih riv rihAw pRBu eykY pyiK pyiK nwnk ibgsweI ]3]8]

sabh mehi rav rehiaa prabh eaekai paekh paekh naanak bigasaaee ||3||8||

The One God is pervading in all. Gazing upon Him, beholding Him, Nanak blossoms forth in happiness. ||3||8||

An awesome and very appropriate answer.

I would like to give my gratitude - Balait da Sher and S1ngh for all their support and their reply clarifying layout similiarties between sikhsangat and sikhawareness.com.

I just wanted to mention as S1ngh rightly pointed out many of members may not know the history of forums. But both Sikhsangat and SikhAwareness forum been online for long time providing platform for sikh youth- non youth alike to do vichar on Gurmat and other socio-religious issues.

Despite of slight policies differences on topics, uniqueness both forums shared common purpose which is to serve sangat, bring awareness of sikhi.

We (Sikhsangat and Siikhawareness) are an classic example - that despite forum contents are unique and minor differences in policies...we can still have common goal and purpose so much so both sevadars of each website have cross platform threads, post and even have common mods (My own personal example- Whatever topic i have started i.e- any seva by maharaj kirpa on sikhawareness, are here as well and vice vera).

Similarly, any upgrades/tweaks of forum which were implemented on sikhsangat by sevadars here, they also implement them on sikhawareness as well without any favoritism or dvaish.

Both forums are there to help each other out, they are *NOT* into any competition or anything like that, we just wanted to clear any misunderstanding.

When both forums work together,the backend resources are shared and more time could be spent on discussing the issues... on both platforms than dedicated dual resources of maintaining the forum. I once again, thank sevadars of sikhsangat for helping us out and continuing to help us out.