Anouncement: New Features Added to Keertan.Net

smartsingh24

Waheguroo Jee Ka Khalsa!

Waheguroo Jee Kee Fateh!!

Thank you for the suggestion jee. We have thought about this before, but due to the fact that Waheguroo! Network is very much youth oriented, and youth tend not to have much money, all downloads will always remain free. This is one thing we will not budge on. Gurbani should be distributed freely to all and we will do everything in our power to keep it that way.

--Daasre

• Replies 29
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

if its a whole collection with about 5 cds it should be 20-25 bucks.. even the amrit bani set collection is only like 14 bucks and it has 10 cds in it.. i gots it at home.

and plus, whats the point of making cds and selling em.. when people coudl listen to keertan online and burn it if they want to

Justlearning It's upto you veer whether you wanna get or not, nobody forcing you.. W!N is not like other audio/video companies only in making $$ :wub:

and plus, whats the point of making cds and selling em.. when people coudl listen to keertan online and burn it if they want to

umm veer they are dvd's with video.. not just audio.. :D Sure.. Can you listen to the keertan on Sikhnet and then burn it :T:

Sorry Jee,

We do not have any video recordings of that samagam. If you know somebody that does, we can use that to make vcds or dvds.

We only have made dvds of the above mentioned samagams. We may be able to get some toronto samagam dvds as well.

I actually remember downloading a 2 minute clip of Bhai Manmohan Singh Ji from the LA Nov 2002 Ren Sabahee. I remember downloading it from AkhandKeertan.com, the old site, the website which was run by Karam Singh. Does anyone from Cali have a video recording of this samagam?

Waheguroo Jee Ka Khalsa!

Waheguroo Jee Kee Fateh!!

vwihgurU jI kw Kwlsw!

vwihgurU jI kI &iqh!!

if its a whole collection with about 5 cds it should be 20-25 bucks.. even the amrit bani set collection is only like 14 bucks and it has 10 cds in it.. i gots it at home.

We have had the same questions thrown at us. Although here in the UK we are not as advanced technologically, a group of us try to hold stalls at monthly Rainsbais in which we make available to the sangat tapes, cds and vcds from various rainsbais and smagams

People have said to us "whats the point in selling cds when its available on from the net to download" This did put us off slightly from making more copies of keertan as we thought Sangat were thinking "they're ripping us off".

I'm not aiming this post directly to you JusLearing VeerJi/Bhenji, but a lot of people assume that keertan can be downloaded for 'free' from sites such as keeran.net and akj.org. This is partially right, but there is the COST of buying and maintaining servers on which 'free' downloadable keertan is made available to the Sangat.

Fair enough, if people feel that they are able to download and burn keertan on media, then do so. However, ther

e are a lot of Sangat i'm sure online (please correct me if i'm wrong) and most definitely at rainsbais, who would prefer in just listening to ready made tapes, cd/vcds of keertan without the hassle of downloading, burning, printing covers and labels etc.

Most of the audio cds that we have made, smagam keertan has been downloaded from a number of websites including keertan.net. Most of the vcds we have made are from UK Smagams we have recorded ourselves. However, in the same aim of W!N we do not make profit on what we sell. The cost per cd, vcd includes buying raw materials, printing cover and labels and the total Maya made is used in buying more resources and used in other seva such as local Camps and youth programmes.

I for one appreciate what W!N sevadaars are doing, and its an excellent idea that vcds and dvds will be readily available for the Sangat to buy online. We were thinking of doing this but for some reason we're too slow here in the UK :wub:

I look forward to the dvds being made available

Bhul Chukh Maaf

If I have said anything wrong, then my head is available for the Jutheeaa of the SaadhSangat.

vwihgurU jI kw Kwlsw!

vwihgurU jI kI &iqh!!