Mergers So That Only 1 Gurdwara Per Local Area?

UKLondonSikh ji - I feel that we as the awakened members of the Khalsa (I say this as we question and discuss without fear or malice) are at the brink of a magnificent Sikhi renaissance (especially the joint worldwide thinking via the internet) where the spark ignited by Bhai Rajoana ji is vibrating our urge for the REAL Guru Khalsa. We want CHANGE we want UNITY but above ALL we want SIKHI to flourish. I want something to happen in my lifetime and not miss out and enjoy the presence of a blessed Sadh Sangat Ji as given to us by Dhan Dhan Shri Guru Granth Sahib Ji.

Thanks brother let's petition via your link on youtube and via UK Sikh Council + the tv channels + facebook etc because I really believe we can get somewhere with this as 100% of the sangat on this forum wishes + prays for ekta amongst the Panth. Rabh Rakha and keep doing what you are doing. Each individual "drop" in our Qaum can make a strong unstoppable collective "river" on this + other issues

Bro, why wait for them to go? Why should that stop you acting? The elder generation do not understand the younger generation, so you can take a 2pronged attack, by reasoning with them and also joiing the committees at the same time. If there were 10 of you committed to sewa at gurdwara, then the next time a committee is to be made, you ALL give your names in, and even if half of you get selected, then thats great, if none get selected then you should brung the issue before the sangat.

Also try talking to the elders, and asking them not to join the committee this time, as there is important work to be done.

FIGHT YOUR CORNER!!!

You have to the same right to be in the committee as anyone.

Chatanga is right...don't give up. The only way to bring about change is to get involved. The biggest obstacle in my personal experience that i've seen with youth is they'll turn up one sunday, want a meeting with the committee to start a new project. The problem with this is that regardless who you are the youth have to build the trust of the elders first...this is the key! Once the committee trust you, i guarantee you, you will face alot less challenges. I can't say that all committee members are very warming to youth. The best way to win over committee is to choose only one seva and do it consistantly. Don't get involved in any form of politics...choose a seva that only youth can do like Sikhi To The Max seva. All committee's want there to be a screen on sundays and Gurpurabs...be consistant with it and trust me you will eventually be listened to...why? Becuase they'll see you're committed and not a threat. That's how i did it, i stayed completely away from any form of politics and build up their trust. Now i'm involved in the education at the Gurdwara and co-Head teacher at the Punjabi school (my focus being Gurmat while the other Head teacher is punjabi). We have 110 students in the punajbi school from 5 to 17yrs old.

Your commitment and dedication can will the hearts and minds of even stubborn committee members.

If you've had previous run-ins with the committee then building their trust will be harder..i was lucky that i never had any previous run-ins. I'm not saying it's plain sailing for me now, i still have issues/grievances with the committee but they know that my seva is needed...so they have to compromise too (as do i).

Just get involved and leave the rest with Guru Sahib! Don't be discouraged when your slandered...because you will - but just keep your head in the charan of Guru Sahib and the rest Guru Sahib will handle.

Best of Luck!

here are some tips, in brief, I have many more ideas on what we can do, but i will prepare something and share it with the cyber sangat soon.

for now, the most important thing is to take on what seva you know you can handle regulalry. there's little point in starting something to see it peter out in a month or two months time, because when you try to start it again, you will find it harder, and less people supporting you.

keep looking for sewadars, young and old, male and female, singhs and monas. keep scouting round the sangat at gurdwara until you have built up a dedicated team. this may take time, it took me over 5 years to find 1 other person. But never give up hope.

When you talk to any committee members, talk to them on a 1-2-1 basis. that wayyou can ascertain their true feelings towards a project, as when they are together if one committtee member objects, the rest for sake of unnity within the committee will take his side.

i will work on this some more over weekend, and get some more ideas shared.