SAN JOSE - GURDWARA SAHIB

Guest vikramkhalsa

Local Newspaper - (SJ MERCURY NEWS)

http://www.mercurynews.com/mld/mercurynews...cal/9534135.htm

Bay Area Sikhs enjoy the grand opening of the new San Jose Sikh temple on Sunday. The new temple, or gurdwara, officially opened its doors after 15 years of planning. Once all phases are complete, it will be the largest temple of its kind in the United States. PHOTO BY GARY REYES / MERCURY NEWS

90941111960.jpg

Sukhdev Singh Bainiwal (center), carries the Sikh Holy Book above his head to its new home at the new San Jose Sikh temple on Murillo Ave. PHOTO BY GARY REYES / MERCURY NEWS

90941121496.jpg

90941150104.jpg

90941169176.jpg

:cool:

i went there week before grand opening.........they got a nice view up there all around, gurdwara sahib is up on a hill and you look all around and see houses and other mountains, everything as far as the eye can see...........beautiful ;)tongue.gif

any cali pplz who went got interior pics to post??? :wub: plz.....

thanx ^_^

hehe i didnt care enough to go.

ive been there, its ok.

i take exception to them labelling themselves as the biggest gurudwara in bay area. in terms of size of campus, el sobrante is number one, its always been the best gurudwra in the bay, always stood up for gurmat etc (as far as a gurudwara committee can)

in terms of size of hall, nothing can compare to fremonts hall, but they have major issues.

Very nice gurdwara area (i went there three time before it opened up)..

There were lots of Fights with Non-sikhs (goray didn't wanted the sikh temple to be in that HIGH class area).. They were totally against it. How ignorant the ppls are; they will approve the church area within a second, but if its the case of gurdwara sahib it will take hours and days fights and banners like "NO sikhs wanted in this area" or "No Sikh Jose"..

I heard they were planning to show the "sikhs in world wars" slideshow in the ceremony.. not sure.. but anyway its nice area .. bit a small gurdwara sahib but they will expand and the new site is 10000000000+ times much better and cleaner than old gurdwara sahib which is very close to this place.

Btw.. hope they didn't have table/chairs in the langar as they did have it in their old gurdwara sahib..

In my view.. Best gurdwara in view of building,space,garden in Bay area is "Fremont" second is El Sobrante..